As if this morning, I was sitting out opener and going to my buddies shack on Sunday night.

The only opener I’ve ever missed was last year when I went to SD, Black Hills.

Got a cool phone Call a while ago. Jim is a very good family friend that I consider more of an Uncle than a friend. Jim really got me into hunting and fishing as much as I am now now. Jim’s son, Jesse, and I have been friends since we were 9 or 10.

I figured he wanted to see if I was getting ready for the opener. He was kinda. He was “scouting” grin to see what I was up to and if I planned on hunting our old stomping grounds at all.

I told him I hadn’t been there in a few years since we were in SD last year and my opening day plans with my son changed, I really hadn’t been there at all.

He said...”let’s do it. Let’s get back in there for a walk and see what we can find. We had about 5 permanent stands built and a few portables up until 2 years ago when Jack and I pulled the portables.

This place is about 20 miles north of Duluth. Pretty much the Iron Range where deer eat pine cones and tag alder buds. A chance a true trophy buck is there. But any deer up there, especially “wingin it” is a trophy.

It’s on now....I’m fired up!!

Last edited by tzone; 11/05/19.

Camp is where you make it.