Ok so I guess I'll tell the story of the new "pet"

We did a quick little clean up day yesterday at chickenbuck. I was running the brush mower on the 3 point behind the tractor, mowing tall grass around the cabin. The rest of the group was throwing branches etc, just kind of cleaning up a bit around camp. Afterwards we lit a fire in the fire ring & we were standing around chatting about this & that. I commented that I heard some little animal noise off in the brush, it was a cry.. I thought maybe a baby bird or something.

Well, it was Eener the weener dog chewing on a baby rabbit! Yep, the mighty hunter had caught him a baby snowshoe hare and he was just a chomping away on the poor thing.

Well the bunny was rescued from Eener and we observed him for a while wondering if he was going to survive the attack. We wondered what to do with him, it seemed the thing to do might be to take him home, nurse him back to health then return him to the woods out at camp in a week or so.

Only thing is Pam & I along with all the kids are going to the boundary waters this week on a canoe/camping trip. So we couldn't take the bunny home.

My aunt Eileen was obviously concerned for the bunny & she offered to bring him home & get him all fixed up.

So, the little guy is down at Dusty & Eileen's house in a bunny box eating lettuce & carrots right now.

grin

Somebody must have some pictures they can post? I don't have any at work right now.

Something clever here.