Originally Posted by hihobruce77
Dave, could you shoot the 1911 45 cal well? I couldn't hit a barn with it.

I used to go to an indoor range on base & check out a colt 1911 mmatch grade model called "gold cup"

I did very well with it, loved shooting the 1911's not all are equal of course. That gold cup was a decent 1911, of course it pales in comparison to some of the match grade customs that people put together but I did very well with it.

Sure wish I had one of my own.

Wabo, congratulations!!

This thread has become sort of a virtual deer camp made up of folks that for the most part have never met face to face.

This is something you guys created.

I stuck a story out there, an interactive project in which so many contributed to. Then you guys all kept it going, warmed the place up, made it a place to stop in & read, visit etc.

I enjoy it a lot, and I have all of you guys to thank for that.

I truely would like to meet you all someday. Rooster & others have made mention of a meet n greet sort of get together at the chickenbuck. I think it's a good idea, we'll have to work on that. I know many of you are far away & it wouldn't be realistic to do so but it would still be fun to have a get together & post pics of the get together of those that could make it.

we'll work on that.

Well me & the old yellow snow bully had one hell of a job to do last night. Aprox 1 mile of trail to bust open from the open forest road back in to the chickenbuck shack.

It was rough I tell ya, I went by myself & didn't feel like getting stuck so I had to drive & opperate that plow very carefully. With an angling straight blade it's very easy to find yourself sideways in your own trail in a hurry. The plow blade can catch like an ice skate & pitch the front end of the truck off the trail very quickly. It's tricky, you gotta push hard, give it a good hit but You have to be able to react quick when that angled blade takes a bite & starts throwing the truck sideways.

Took me 3.5 hrs to get it. It's not as good as I would have liked to have left it but the clutch was hot, I was low on fluid in the lift/tilt unit and I was tired!! grin

It wasn't easy but I'm pleased to announce that chickenbuck is now open for winter activities such as snowmobiling.

And I'd also like to add, my uncle Dusty's old yellow truck is one tough, mean, bad ass old truck!

I know you read this, that really is one hell of a tough old truck!!

That don't mean I beat it, you don't have to beat it. Honestly it hardly has to work as long as you know how to drive it, and I think i'm catching on.

grin

Something clever here.