LOL, too funny!

I took my boy hunting tonight, boy what a fiasco. he was restless in the blind, but it's a pop up so it is very forgiving. we got out there early and decided after we got settled in we both had to pee. he unzipps the "tent" as he calls it we clamber out there and drop trou next to a barbed wire fence, as we're talking I look across the river and see a 4 point white tail and 2 does staring at us from 50 yards away. oh crap. they absconded in the fashion that whitetails do, taking the meat we were after with them. we settle back in, watch a few mule deer go to water, the buck was wide and tall, but lacked points, still a nice deer, fun to see.
after a cinibun and gatoraid, little man plays angry birds while I watch for deers. low and behold a doe and fawn make their way across the river and up past our blind, at 25 yards I drop the hammer on the doe, flop she goes. little deer bolts and then turns back for mama, and walks back, I reload super fast in a minute and a half while this "medium sized deer" is standing at 25 yards. little man covers his ears again and BANG, down goes the fawn. little man is stoked, I'm thinking "cool! now the work begins" we drive home at 35 MPH because we broke a strut on my car on the way in, long story. but now we're home, little man had the time of his life and thinks I'm the greatest hunter that ever walked the earth. deers are hung up, mama's making supper and I have a fashionable adult beverage to help me unwind after a long day. life is good.

* disclaimer, usually I don't Intentionally shoot fawns, but the landowner I'm hunting for wants the does/fawns thinned out. so if it's brown and not wearing head gear it's down. I've seen several nice bucks, been really fun.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.