Hey gopher, I think we are ok on stands. There is always the last minute strategy changes with some of the ladder stands but our permanent stands are in good shape. I got some carpet to put on the floors of our permanent stands, and one of the stands I built last year has plexiglass cut and ready to go in, just never installed last year.

Firewood, well we still have a pretty decent firewood pile at the cabin from previous years. I have dozens of storm blown trees down in the woods around the cabin that need to be cleaned up and cut into firewood, all large pine. I am sitting here this morning contemplating a 90 mile run to a lumber yard (menards) for some deck/porch lumber. We�ve been talking about putting a deck on the cabin the full width of the front (24�) and going 6� out. This would be really nice for everybody�s coolers and gear that can sit outside.

I�d also like to pick up lumber for the sauna but I have just plain run out of time this fall. This weekend is our last weekend before opener and I just don�t have time to build a deck and frame up that sauna. I think I�ll maybe concentrate on the deck and if anything, maybe we can pick away at sauna construction mid day during season.

Or not at all.

I have the old black � ton pickup today, 8� bed, 10� with the tailgate down�.

Could probably do the whole deck project with 12� lumber.

oh, and no wolf tags for us. frown

Something clever here.