Wow, I've read this thread and it seems like you guys out in the upper midwest arealot like us here in Northern Pa. We have a camp,about 65 acres that borders another 300 we have access to hunt. no electric no indoor plumbing ourfacilities. and a woodstove and four acre pond. Our members are policemen, truck drivers, factory workers, and elderly retired brothers from Maine. We don't typically kill alot of deer, and even fewer big bucks, but to me I feel more at home their than my own place. from going to supper Saturday night when everyone arrives to the Sunday afternoon "hill" dinner, where we invite landowners, and neighboring hunting clubs and we all get together to meet each other and catch up on what's been going on the past year. we have two young hunters who everyone in camp ahs sort of adopted and we make sure that they have someone who is willing to forgo his hunt in order to take one of those kids hunting if their dads can't get off work. Last year one of the founding members was fighting cancer, we knew it was going toprobably be his last year hunting. He got a permit to hutn from the truck beause he wastoo weak to walk far, but he still wanted to hunt from his stand, so a couple of us moved our stands closer to his incase he fell or needed help in a hurry. that member passed away in January of this year, going to camp will be tough this year with out him. it's like loosing part of the family.
Norther Dave, I have greatly enjyed reading your story about your deer camp. I hope it provides you, your family and many generations to come a place of comfort, security and enjoyment.
God bless.
John Raub