Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
CFT, Are you boots too tight? Too tight reduces the blood supply and you end up with cold feet.

What material are your socks? If you're wearing cotton, your going to end up with cold feet. You should be using a polypro liner and wool blend heavy boot socks.

Some years ago Sorel went to a thinner 9mm liner. The old liners were thicker, something like 3/8". What size do you wear? I might have a spare liner (Old style) in a size 10 you can have.

I currently have a pair of Muck Artic Pro's that say they're good to minus 30. Maybe if you're moving, but not sitting on a stand. My feet were getting cold after a couple of hours. I also have a pair of Thorogoods with 1000 grams of Thinsulite. They were a bit better than the Mucks.

Cabela's has a boot with 2000 grams of Thinsolite that should work.

Thermacell makes an electric foot warmer that apparently works, but costs $125 or more.

Bill- I usually wear a Cabelas boot sock with some wicking capabilities - wool or poly. Sometimes, like last Sunday, I wear a liner sock under the wool. I'm a stickler for boot fit, my feet won't tolerate tight fitting boots. I have Mucks (Wetland I think), Cabelas Whitetail 1200, and a Cabelas 800 field boot. They work if temps aren't too low, say 25* or better sitting, 10* moving. Sorels, which are fine for +10* and above - (they may be finding a new home) were my go to for anything colder and they aren't cutting it for me. They are a size bigger to accommodate 2 pair of socks. Honestly, I think it's my feet. I couldn't even feel warmth from the chemical toe warmers. $125 might be a little spendy, but if they work...

SSB & Bill, these Cabelas 2000 you speak of - are they called Infernos? If so, I heard good things about them. Christmas is coming. Dropping hints to the wife like the 8th bombed Dresden. We'll see.

T-zone - wearing steel toes in this weather? That should qualify for hazard pay!

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin