Originally Posted by northern_dave
Big Swish, you are the man!!!

I'll get started on the deer pole expansion project this weekend!!

One pole, what the heck was I thinking????

wink

That's frickin awesome.

But did you have to show it to me on a pre deer camp Friday with over 7 hours left to go in the day????

smile

Well, it's off to camp tonight, it's still raining too though.

My daughter is hunting this weekend (youth hunt) with her Ruger 77 standard/walnut in .243, free float, glass bed, tuned trigger, slicked action & now a new bushnel elite 3200 3-9 x 40 to help her point it at the sweet spot.

she's a shooter too, that girl can really shoot that thing.

After taking a brand new rifle out of the box & reworking it to my liking, I sighted it in & let her shoot it. I tought her to shoot starting out fairly young with a single shot youth model rimfire borrowing some of the basic fundamentals taught in USMC marksmanship courses. Body & skeletal alignment/support, breathing control & basic trigger handling, sight/target focal point do's & donts.... (girls are so easy to train with this stuff)

here, check it out. these are the first two shots she ever took with the rifle after I sighted it in for her. I made a black dot in the center of this basic 1" grid type target & explained to her that the smaller the focal point, the tighter she would group if she could stay on true through her trigger pull.

this is without a rest, it was off of a wooden shooting bench & the only support she used was a very large gym sock I have over filled with whole kernel dried feed corn (kind of a tight bean bag of sorts) that we placed under the forend for her.

the only reason I stopped her at 2 shots is because I couldn't see her holes in the target through my spotting scope, target lasered at 105 yds.

when we approached the target it was pretty clear that things were going to be ok in the way of accuracy for little miss hunter & her new M77.

[Linked Image]

Now if we can get a deer in front of her this weekend we'll be in business.

This I think was the first post that you talked about her in this thread. Amazing how a few years ( that seem like forever to a youngster ) pass by so quick.
Congrats and enjoy the celebration and party cool

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison