Go to Lund's website and look at the different layouts for a boat your size. Kids are hard to keep still in a boat with benches. A floor with seat pedestals allows them to walk around a bit. Easier to pee when on a flat floor too. blush

In my experience, the weight of the floor, especially with supporting ribs underneath and everything (people, seats, gas tanks, batteries, etc.) on top will wedge itself in and be more than enough to keep it in place.

I like the two seats side by side in back and then one in the middle and another up front. The one in the middle, I offset to the opposite side of the skipper for better weight distribution. Mama sits there, older kid up front, younger one in the back with me. If just 2 are going extra person sits in offset seat.

I have bedliner on the floors of my current boat. I had a gas line crack in cold weather and gas leaked on it. The bedliner peeled right up. This after getting it down to bare metal and thoroughly scrubbing the surface with acetone. I still have it, but I am not sure I'd do it again.

Where's T-zone on this? He's owned more boats than the United States Navy! grin

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin