well the big ol rutty stinky bucks are shutting us out. gave it a good try last nite. My right leg really fell asleep as I sat on a small stool in the canary grass...I must have looked pretty funny when I finally stood as that leg was about useless! But no confirmed sightings (there were a couple of big deer that entered the other end of the field but it was too dark to see what they were). Dad is going to move a stand and sit a spell tonite. Man, I hope he can connect. We hunt pretty darn hard and it sure would be nice for him to have some success. Plus, i just wanna close up view of that one big'un!

It is kinda funny how when I was a kid, he wanted me to be successful and offered me the best places, etc to hunt. Then we were equals for a long time. Now, I try and do what I can so that he gets the shooting. Pretty soon my kids will be old enough to hunt and the whole process starts over. I am looking forward to the day they....do my gutting and dragging for me!

We are in the homestretch now as our season ends Sunday. Saturday is the day. If I get one, it will be Saturday I believe. Although i think i will take the girl out tomorrow or Friday as she really wants to go.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.