Originally Posted by northern_dave
I've been saying that for years now drift, intense harvest prescribed by DNR backed by one good old fashioned hard winter and things will get very bad for a long time.

Yep. Down this way too. That is precisely the reason I didn't buy a firearms tag this year. No deer and warm temps to start the season means....well no deer.

DNR put a 5 deer limit on for a few years and that screwed everything up. We aleady had problems with a certain large family that believes in "if its brown its down". Unfortnately, they own some land that borders my uncles that I hunt AND they have been sending one guy up to circle my uncles property and drive the deer into their land long before daylight so they can basically slaughter them right at dawn. How do I know this? Because I tracked them to make sure and confronted one of the kids (21)at a Rod & Gun Club banquet one night where the camp "leader" (kids Dad)admitted to doing this every year. His quote from that night: "well, don't blame my kids! I'm the one that does that every year because I didn't think you guys would mind"

But thats another story. DNR allowing 5 deer per person in MN is ridiculous. confused frown

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...