It was a good time for sure.

But I still don't know what to think of the neighbor sittuation.

They took the portable stand down last week, the one that the guy put up while I was in my stand, less than 50 yds from me.. took 2 hours to set it up, then sets it up facing my property, facing me in my stand, facing my back as my back is facing there property in that stand.

Well, yeah they took that portable down, only to build a permanent stand in that tree, also facing my back as I sit in my stand. The new stand looks very dangerous, like something out of a "darwin awards" joke.

As I went out for evening post in my stand one night I notice there is a hunter in the new permanent stand. I approach quietly & slowly because i was planning on climbing into my own stand.

I watched him for a while from the ground. he didn't know I was there, I watched him staring south intently, he became a bit excited at one point thinking he had heard something & slowly reached for his rifle...

I suppose they have hunted my property long before I owned it because the previous land owner was never out there, there was never a cabin or decent access to the property until I bought it.

Well i walked towards my stand & he finally spotted me & waved sheepishly.. I approached his stand which was easy for me to do while staying on my property because I'm sure the roots for the tree he is in stretch out onto my property.

i asked the guy again but from up close this time "when you guys sit here facing this way, what direction are you hoping to shoot?"

he gave the rehearsed reply "...um, north & east." as he pointed north west & north. So I asked him "ok, so you are shooting directly behind yourself?" "um, no.... to my left..."

dave: "so, you're left handed?"

goofball: "um... no."

dave: "do you know which way north is?"

goofball: "ummm..." (points east this time)

dave: "see, when you sit there like you are, it makes me think you are hunting south & west, because that's the way you are facing"

goofball: "well, which way are you shooting?"

dave: "well, i'm facing the same wy as you but I'm on my property, I'm hunting that clearing over there in front of you that i cut on my property and I'm hunting to the south here on my property, they way you were looking when I walked up... which is the easiest direction for a right handed shooter to shoot the way you are sitting.. "

goofball: "well, I'm just kind of looking north here into the brush..."

i just shook my head turned around & cralwed up into my stand, he got down at like 10 after 4, an hour before it gets dark.

The next morning nobody is in the stand, instead a guy is sitting in a polaris ranger parked at the bottom of the stand watching me.

WTF?

God I hope these guys don't black powder hunt.

Something clever here.