Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Got back from chasing (literally) turkeys yesterday. We went 1-3 with some really crazy weather, hard rain mostly. The literal chasing came with this old fat man running through the woods to intercept a Tom. Not a pretty sight. Almost coughed up a lung. And almost swallowed my mouth call...all for naught.

That story reminds me of Grizzly_Bill and his one and only turkey slaying.

Good 'ol grizzly finally got a tom to come in for him nice and pretty and he took a swat at it, hitting it. But not well. It commenced the turkey flop but got up and started to move. Grizz poked at him again and missed. Took another shot and it went down.

He set his empty gun down and went to go get his tom. When he got up to it, the bird got up and went on the move again. Grizzly_Bill chased that bird up and down some hills in central WI for almost a mile before he was able to circle around it in a brush pile and beat it with a stick he found laying on the ground! That makes me laugh every time I think about it. The anger he must have reigned down on that tom when he caught up to it had to be impressive!

Thanks Tom!

That one made me laugh out loud and brought a tear to my eye at the same time. Sure do miss Bill around here.

cf

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin