Originally Posted by Rooster7
Sounds like a heck of a week CFT. Congrats on the birds.

I sent and will continue to send prayers for your Mom. Like Tzone said, she will be in the best health care faciltiy in the world.

Fluffy,
Report back on those shotguns. I have an 1187 in 20 ga and absolutely love that gun. I would like to find a slug barrel for it for deer hunting. With the improved cylinder choke it's a crap shoot where the slugs will go.

the 870 proved difficult to hit with,just like the 1100 SF I used to own.I only managed to get 14/25 with that,as opposed to 22/25 with my normal BPS,which I have used for the last few years.

the 1187 worked flawlessly for my son,he actually did better than I thought he would, 8/25 one round,10/25 second round.

I was hoping to let my son try all 4 shotguns we had,but as usual,a few other club members stick their nose into everyones elses business,and try to run the show.An elderly gent started to tell everyone which trap range to shoot on,and who they would shoot with,and then once he got it all screwed up,and erased everyones position and got himself to the top of the list,he went out to shoot a round and left everyone else standing there with a blank board,and no idea who was in line to shoot and who wasn't.
We shot only two rounds,and left.My son stuck with the 1187 and likes it.that will probably be the one he ends up with.I just may get both,as that 870 sure handles nice.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}