Dave,
Since you asked, IMHO a naming ceremony would be a fine way to make everything official. If you would allow me to make a few suggestions, not to tell you what to include in the ceremony, rather to stimulate your thoughts on what you might like to include.

A cake with the camp and it's name drawn in the icing.

A wooden plank with the camp name and an outline of the magnificent Northwoods Cedar Swamp Chickenbuck, regally posed, could be routed out and hung on the porch by the door. Think of the "oohs" and "ahhs", not to mention the gaseous emissions, such an unveiling would generate!

A bottle of some alcoholic brew used regularly in a ceremonial capacity at said camp to be broken against a porch upright to conclude the ceremony. Kind of like a boat launching without the water. I seem to recall a reference to "The Captain" in several postings. (OOPS! broken glass could be hazardous to inebriated revelers! My bad!) On second thought, my recommendation would be to drink sufficient quantities of Captain, beer (yes Dave, there could/should be beer) and other adult beverages to have a mass "whiz-off" from the porch, including all male attendees (as whizzers, NOT whizees), to conclude the ceremony. The National Anthem could be played and/or sung as part of the "whiz-off" finale. (brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it. (Oh, that wasn't my eye. Excuse me. I'll be back in a sec!)

I'm back. Sorry about that. I guess I was just overcome by the emotion of the event. Where was I? Oh, "Guests". Of course.

All those who have played a part in the birth of Camp Chickenbuck or in creating memorable events at the camp could be invited to the ceremony. Also, large amounts of common camp food and drink could be made available to entice the invitees to actually show up. From the stories here on this forum, most would be attracted by one or the other offering.

Again, Dave, just my thoughts. feel free to use any and all ideas as you see fit. I'm sure the group on this site could really build on these few thoughts and help you create a naming crermony that will become legendary, not only across Minnesota and the upper Midwest, but throughout North America!

Can I have an Amen?

Ron

NRA Endowment member and proud of it.