Hey guys! We've been out fishing for a few days. We put the big house out & we even caught a few fish. weather was terrible yesterday with this storm that rolled in but otherwise it's been a really nice long weekend.

We put the house out on Thursday & fished just a little (it was late).

Then on Friday the 2 older boys & I went out on the lake in the old yellow plow truck. we blazed a path out to the fish house with the plow truck & then we simply walked into the dry warm fish house with open holes, baited our hoks & dropped em down the holes. See, we left the heater on low when we left the house on Thursday night so it would be ready to go on Friday morning. Pam & our little guy followed shortly behind us in another truck.

Fishing was OK, we did beter than most that we talked to, caught around 25 or more fish all day, kept about 9 I think.

Then we went back out Sat morning in the crappy weather, it wasn't so much a white out with limited visibility but it was a blinding white that made it hard to see the lake road. We kept a couple on Sat & threw back a 22" walleye, This lake has a release immediately slot size & i think it's between 19" & 28", it may be 19.5, not sure exactly but I know this fish was definately in that slot so we got a picture & released it.

Here are some pictures.

First fish caught in the house (pam hates this picture) nasty little pout. (the fish) grin

[Linked Image]

here's the view of what my bobbers do best, float!

[Linked Image]

here's the boy in his corner.

[Linked Image]

another boy (runs with scisors) in his corner.

[Linked Image]

And the littlest boy in his corner. He's got his chocolate milk & his snack cake in his lap, needed help holding his monster walleye for the picture. cheesy smile.
[Linked Image]

and the saturday morning slot fish that had to be released.

[Linked Image]

Pretty fun weekend of fishing.

Dave

PS, Stan, I've actually used those yo-yo's before, but they are illegal up here.

Last edited by northern_dave; 01/04/09.

Something clever here.