Truthfully, I didn't have any trouble with the engine at all. I had trouble with the trans, trans cooler, trans cooler lines, most things electrical in the dash, and the front diff. Mine was an 04 Tahoe.

I was so mad for so long because I really liked that rig. It fit all the family and all the gear, two'd my 3500# boat around, could turn around on all but the smallest logging roads. It was perfect...until 100K. Then she fell apart.

GM did replace the front diff at their cost because I had perfect service records for it, done at the dealer.

I couldn't trust it after I got all the stuff fixed though. I was the maintenance guy at work and had seen some of the issues that could have potentially come up. I had to dump it.

I'm not a big toyota guy, but I had one, with zero problems. This one was a good price and low miles, so I bought it. So far it's been a great truck. I'm creeping up on 100K so I'm expecting something to go soon. I hope not.

I'd like to keep it until I pay it off, then buy a new F-150. I've been drooling over them since my ride last week. smile

Last edited by tzone; 01/11/11.

Camp is where you make it.