Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC
Dave,Welcome back and a belated but sincere HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ya.It looks like you guys had a great trip although you neglected to name the new children in the picture which leaves the viewer wondering.I always wanted to canoe the boundary waters.Beautiful place evidently.

Stan in SC

Hi Stan, oh the girls aren't new to us grin

The older girl with the fun goofy humor we call "Runs in darkness" for a mishap earlier this summer where she was actually running outside in the dark and she collided with a fence resulting in some stitches to her forehead & across her left eyebrow. This is chickenbuck camp member "Runs In Darkness"

[Linked Image]

She's super ambitious, hard working & genuinely thrilled to go on these hardcore camping trips. All of the kids were just amazing on this trip with the portages and how they just dug in & grabbed the heavy packs & took off down the trail.

This little girl is waiting for her camp name... I'm a bit hesitant as the right name isn't quite coming to me yet for this one.

If we went off our last BWCA trip from 2 years ago we would have called her "Falls In Water" because ... well she just really falls in the water a lot!!

[Linked Image]

These are my cousin's girls. Granddaughters of uncle dusty, nieces to Muffy. Their father is the dear family member & lifelong friend we all lost to a plane crash 3 years ago on the 28th of this month.

Their older brother is and has been out of school for a year now and he is busy working long hard hours with a construction crew. He would have been with us if he wasn't busy working.

They are part of our family, when we are all together it feels like just that, one big family. We enjoy every moment we have with them and we are always a little heart broke when it is time for them to go home. We see them quite often, it�s just hard to see an adventure like we had last week come to an end.

We look forward to the next trip with them and we will take advantage of every moment they care to spend with us now when they are so young and forever into the future.

Something clever here.