Great news Stan.

Latest from Africa is that son continues to improve and they may find out Friday when they can return to the states. Not to be outdone, my DIL sent us the following bit of news yesterday:

"With Todd's improved status, we took a drive today to a local game reserve about 15 minutes from Port Elizabeth. Todd very much welcomed the change of scenery (as did I). We enjoyed a nice, quiet drive through the bush and took quite a few pictures of zebra, impala, warthog, wildebeest, amongst other animals. Unfortunately, after today's outing, I'm sad to report that Todd won't be the only one heading back to the States with stitches....

The park we visited has a large cheetah project. As part of the program visitors can go in and visit with the park's tame cheetahs. I figured it was a once in a life time opportunity and jumped at the chance. (Not that Todd hasn't put me through enough excitement the last few weeks!) After about 5 minutes of playing with two cubs (about 1 1/2 years old and almost full grown) I knelt down to take a picture with the park's more mature cat, Duma. Just as the park ranger was taking a picture, one of the cubs thought it would be a good time to play with Duma. However, the cub didn't care that I was in between him and his playmate. A long story made short, about an hour and a half later, I left the nearby hospital with a gash in my forehead, 12 stitches in my ear, a cut and several scratches to my arm, and a torn shirt."

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.