Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot

This is our first real hunting adventure together. And he's already planning on joining me for Fur & Feather weekend where I avoid Black Friday like the plague and hunt ducks and deer that weekend. I'm pretty excited. I haven't had a such fun with a hunting partner since my brother passed in '07. It's a good thing. smile

It's fun isn't it?!!

My son Jack has been joining me more and more on expeditions into the woods. We spent all day Sunday in the woods and he loved it. He too took a header into the wet muck and swamp water. His rubbers were too high for him to step over all the logs and crap you can't see until it's too late.

He was a great trooper. He got to shoot his shotgun for the first time. A H&R single shot .410. He even hit the pop can. They he BEGGED to shoot the pistol I was carrying. I wasn't real sure about it since it was a Brownign Buckmark. Usually I carry a Ruger Single Six revolver and not a pistol. He was persistant so I let him shoot it. He LOVED it.

The topper was when I pulled over on the logging road and got out. He asked, "what are you donin?" I told him it was his turn to drive. He hasn't smiled like that since he called in the turkey we shot this spring.

He's 8 so he can't shoot a deer yet, but he'll be along for the hunt on our second weekend. Gophergunner (Jeff) and his son Just one gunner will be up for camp too.

Camp is where you make it.