Originally Posted by White_Bear
I have to give ND credit for having a lot of heart for the venison gettin. I don't think many could have stuck it out like he has.

Dave, as many of us...has the heart of a hunter. Us boys in MN are goofy breed of hunter. We only get a few weeks a year to chase windchime material and it isn't to be spent at home.

I didn't lay eyes on a deer in the woods. I love the shooting of the deer, the gutting, the dragging, the story telling. But that isn't all there is to the hunt. I know that, You know that WB, I'm just stating it.

The camp is second to none tho & that is what keeps everyone coming back. The cycle of the deer will change in time & many fruitfull hunts will come.

da camp is what it's about. I love that camp. I could not leave its walls and call it a successful hunt. There is NO WHERE on earth I sleep as good as I do at that camp.

Hopefully, 10 years from now, we'll be talking about how there were no deer around, but now we're over run with them. I remember it being like that on the iron range in the 90's when I first started to hunt. 1-2 deer maybe seen a year. I didn't shoot one until I was 14.

Last edited by tzone; 12/10/11.

Camp is where you make it.