I know this is going way back for you guys but I just had to comment on this one.
I came across my first Handi rifle aboout 15 + years ago. A 26" barreled .280 with green laminated stock. It was just one of those that I couldn't pass up. It turned out to be pretty accurate although a little heavy.
That is the only Handi I own but for a very reasonable price you could buy additional barrels rifle & shotgun, so I added several, Best light weight shotgun (with the shotgun stock) ever. Kick is terrible with 3.5" turkey loads, I use 3". Got a 45-70 barrel one year and took a Canadian black bear & a nice 8 point back home the same year.
They were great rifles & shotguns especially if you were on a budget. To bad they dropped the spare barrel program.

Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC
On another note, I am a sucker for NEF Handi rifles. Gun show this weekend. Guy had a new in box .308 Survivor. Said he would let it go for dealer cost being he had ordered it for someone who never picked it up. I know what dealer cost is. He was correct in his figure. I came home with it. After I mounted a 3X9X50 scope it is in the safe getting acquainted with the other Handi rifles and assorted inhabitants of my gun safe.

Stan in SC