Originally Posted by gophergunner
Deer season just can't get here fast enough. It's going to be an interesting season. My daughter and her boyfriend want to hunt with us this fall. This just came to light last week, so now the scramble begins to cobbel together gear for the two of them. I had all ready promised my loaner rifle to my son's buddy for this fall, so the weaponry's gonna get a little thin. My daughter's boyfriend will carry my '06 Mauser, Ellie will carry my 20 ga. slug gun. Leaves us with my AR as a backup rifle. I never thought I'd find my self wanting more deer rifles, but times are changing. Now that Ellie's showing interest in hunting, I've got to go pick up a .243 for her. She's never gone with me before, so we'll be doing a bit of woods walking in the next few weeks to somewhat show her the ropes.

I know she's concerned she might not get another chance due to my health issues. I sure hope that's not the case, but I'm sure not going to pass up this opportunity to get her into the woods and make some memories. I get to introduce three new hunters to the shooting sports this fall. How cool is that? I'll be busier than a one legged man in an azz kicking contest this season, and I can't wait.

Let me know if you need something. I have a few that would be available if needed. I have a .44mag single shot Handi Rifle that has a low-power scope on it that is light, short easy to shoot with low recoil and knocks the hell outta deer.