Thanks Kirk.

I suppose it's in early august or late July here we will hit 5 years of this silliness. I noticed that we must have hit the 6 million mark on views sometime recently. That's seriously crazy.

5 years changes the kids quite a bit.

My 3 for instance. 5 years ago:

[Linked Image]

look at the 2 boys now.

[Linked Image]

And the girl.

[Linked Image]

Huh... Looks like we are way better at taking pictures 5 years later too, lol!

They have had this cabin adventure for 5 years of their childhood now. Between construction, trail cutting, upkeep, stand building, hunting, trail riding, blueberry picking, snowmobiling and fun weekend get togethers.. There's quite a lot that has taken place out in that shack in the woods already in 5 years.

And as with every single thing I build... It went together fast right up to the point of finishing touches such as trim, soffit/fascia.... lol!!

Well maybe we can do something about some of that junk yet this summer.

As to the tone and writing in the opening post nearly 5 years ago. Yeah I was crushed, we all were.

I still miss my cousin terribly, I know we all do, the whole lot of us that knew him. The bond we all formed is part of his legacy.

We all still fight our little lessons in life as each kid grows, us adults too.

Some of us fight big fights, like Dusty with his cancer.

That's a serious battle, and it makes me very grateful and proud of these past 5 years in which we all have experienced a higher quality of life in some degree by being active members of this camp. The shack in the woods was a launching pad for the group which would eventually bond well enough to do many things together away from camp.

I don't like the battle Dusty faces now but I feel we are better equipped to cope with the fears and support him since we really are a tightly knit camp.

It looks like this deer camp stuff is kind of working like it was supposed to. smile

Alright, I've exceeded my limit for seriousness.

back to your regularly scheduled nonsense.

grin

Something clever here.