Dave,

Thanks for the pics and story, sorry for your bad luck though! I do however hope you will take the time to read and not take my next sentences to you in the wrong way..

Those steps nailed into the tree on the fixerstand are NOT a good idea! I've fallen from those types of steps 3 times and one time I fell 30 feet as the screws and nails in the tree (which i checked before the season too) decided to give way. You have to PLEASE consider a cheap alternative!!!

Ya need a couple of pieces of 1 inch galvanized conduit a handful of galvanized nails I think #16's or #20's and 2 treated 2x6's the desired length... Drill holes in center of 2x6 and place a 1 foot piece of conduit inside each hole and drill small hole for a pilot for the nail and drive the nail through the board and conduit from the 2 inch or edgewize from the board.. This locks the conduit in place.. Place a ratchet strap at the top of the ladder around it and the tree or treestand and Presti cheap effective ladder good for years.. Much Safer please consider this and like Triple check the bracing on the flooring of the stand... Sorry I'm a rag......... I just happen to be one of the guys who said it will never happen to me and I actually had a stand I was hanging come down ontop of me after I fell because the step gave way.. Talk about some serious OUCH..

You will get to really enjoy the TZONE design style of stand I'm betting just make sure and wear a safety harness in it too..