Originally Posted by Berettaman
who: Dad, brother, uncle, cousin, cousin-inlaw
when: early this week
where: Algoma WI/Lake Michigan
What: Kings and steelhead
Why: to feed the grill

It was a quick trip, left at 330 am and was back at 7 pm the next day. Used a charter called Kinns Katch and I would recommend them again (in fact we rebooked for next year). Best bite happened between 3:45 am and 5:00 am. brought back 32 of them, prolly 2/3s kings.

I went out of Kewannee, to the south of where you went. My buddy's dad took me out.

We headed out about the same time in a 17' lund pro sport. It was "sporty" to say the least we came back in when the small craft warning alarm sounded. Even the big ass guide boats were coming back. It was a beautiful day on the water, but windy. Waves had to 6'.

Here is my one and only salmon I've ever caught. They boys on the dock called it a Jumbo, which is a 5 year old. Most die at 4 years old...so they said.
[Linked Image]

It took a grand total of 45 seconds of the line being in the water before it hit. grin It quickly peeled 900' of like. Yes, 900'. I asked Jim if the line counter was right and he said "YES...REEL you have 100' of line left!"

I gained a bunch on him then he ran back out to about 500'. I got him back in, when he hit the floor of the boat, he was done. Like as in never moved again. The tail on that fish when it was spread out was as big as my head. Flat out the most fun fish I've caught to date, including muskies. Muskies give up, that King didn't. Bad ass fish!

The best part was, I left later that morning to go back home and they stayed for the rest of the week. They gave me all the fish they caught the two days prior. We had salmon for most of the year. God was that good fish.

Camp is where you make it.