Thanks for the help guys.

Crown is good.

Running a Leupy Vari X II 3X9 and it's like new.

Mounts might be iffy. They're tight, but in keeping with the vintage of the gun, I have a Marbles Game Getter low see throughs. They're so low that you really don't see the target very well. Grew up in the UP near Gladstone and this is sort of a nostalgia thing. They've been on there for at least a decade.

The other variable with these guns is the front sling swivel. It screws through the one piece stock into a lug welded on the bottom of the barrel. Some guys say crank it down some say leave it a bit loose with some blue Loc-Tite. ???

I clean it after each season with Butches, brass brush, patch until clean, and then one oiled patch. To sight in, I shoot a fouling shot, then get down to business. When I have my zero, which has never been better than 1.5", I run a dry patch and it's ready to hunt.

I'm going to try the 165 Fusions. Technique is the same since I used to shoot competition in high school (literally in the basement of the school :)) so I think I'm good there. I have my 300WM A-bolt if it doesn't work out, but I kinda wanted to take the old girl out, she was getting lonely in the cabinet when her friends got to play every year.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin