Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Originally Posted by siskiyous6
I certainly don't have any sympathy for the LAPD. They reap what they sow.
Too much affirmative action. Judging people based on their skin color not the content of the character.
The way I see it is as the equivalent of a gang rivalry gone deadly. Someone posted a video laying out this perspective. The LAPD are a gang. One of their own snitched. He got booted from the gang for it and is now after revenge. I don't assume a moral superiority on the part of the cops in this situation. Nor do I have any more respect for Dorner than I would for a renegade Blood gang member who's gone homicidal against his former gang members. Punks on all sides, it seems. The actions of the LAPD thus far pretty much establish the validity of this perspective.

This is what I feel as well. For whatever reason, they[LAPD] don't want him to ever utter another word. Doesn't make what he has done right. But something is missing here.
Again-IMO

FJB & FJT

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
While LAPD may not be snow white in all this, remember the manhunt did not start until this guy started threatening /killing people, particularly cops and their families.

He is a cop killer and I am sure that the rank an file cops simply want him dead for that alone..

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I absolutely DO NOT condone his actions.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Raeford
I absolutely DO NOT condone his actions.

Never suggested you did..I just don't see LAPD reactions as particularly as strange in the circumstances..

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Seriously? Yeah they�re out to get the guy as well they should be but shooting up two trucks like they did should result in criminal charges and is very strange to my way of thinking.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Pete E
While LAPD may not be snow white in all this, remember the manhunt did not start until this guy started threatening /killing people, particularly cops and their families.

He is a cop killer and I am sure that the rank an file cops simply want him dead for that alone..

This guy has done nothing but murder, or attempt to murder, innocent people. Call me hard, but I want everybody that does that dead. Cop, or not.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell

This guy has done nothing but murder, or attempt to murder, innocent people. Call me hard, but I want everybody that does that dead. Cop, or not.

I believe cops tend to go the "extra mile" so to speak for cop killers though?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

I agree, he is a killer/cold-blooded murderer!!
I just want to know [fully] what pushed him there and by whom.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

That doesn't give LAPD the right to start shooting anyone in a truck though, does it? Shot a white guy after they stopped him and talked to him and shot two hispanic women. Neither truck matched the description of the truck he was in. I'm hoping those cops are charged with attempted murder.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
That doesn't give LAPD the right to start shooting anyone in a truck though, does it? Shot a white guy after they stopped him and talked to him and shot two hispanic women. Neither truck matched the description of the truck he was in. I'm hoping those cops are charged with attempted murder.
Of course they should be, but they won't be. You watch.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Originally Posted by siskiyous6
I certainly don't have any sympathy for the LAPD. They reap what they sow.
Too much affirmative action. Judging people based on their skin color not the content of the character.
The way I see it is as the equivalent of a gang rivalry gone deadly. Someone posted a video laying out this perspective. The LAPD are a gang. One of their own snitched. He got booted from the gang for it and is now after revenge. I don't assume a moral superiority on the part of the cops in this situation. Nor do I have any more respect for Dorner than I would for a renegade Blood gang member who's gone homicidal against his former gang members. Punks on all sides, it seems. The actions of the LAPD thus far pretty much establish the validity of this perspective.

I wouldn't have any particular problem with this theory except that he didn't get fired suddenly after trying to snitch. Which he lied about.

He was/is a sub par cop, Seaman, and human. None of that is really in dispute.

Even if he WAS wronged somehow, he chose the wrong resolution. But he wasn't wronged. He simply failed in many aspects of his life. And he's a true sociopath and can't believe anything is his fault.

He had been told, correctly, that he was sub par one too many times for him to handle. And he snapped.

Sometimes crazy is just crazy. There doesn't always have to be a conspiracy or even a rational reason.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
That doesn't give LAPD the right to start shooting anyone in a truck though, does it?
============

You extrapolated that from Powell's post? Good grief. Let me help you with this tough question.

No, this POS, sociopath's murder of innocents doesn't justify the shooting of other innocents.

Let me know if you need a follow-up!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Raeford

I agree, he is a killer/cold-blooded murderer!!
I just want to know [fully] what pushed him there and by whom.

Dude, no sane person can be pushed to murder a bunch of innocents by anyone but themselves.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RISJR
That doesn't give LAPD the right to start shooting anyone in a truck though, does it?
============

You extrapolated that from Powell's post? Good grief. Let me help you with this tough question.

No, this POS, sociopath's murder of innocents doesn't justify the shooting of other innocents.

There are understandable, if not justified, reasons for at least one of those shootings, but I am so tired of posting the information that I am inclined to just say "[bleep] it". What's that saying? You can't fix stupid?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RISJR
============

You do understand I was talking about LAPD and not Powell, right? let me know if I can make that more clear for you.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1lessdog, 1234, 22250rem, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,237 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,366
Posts18,506,409
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.