Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 36 1 2 3 4 35 36
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EricM
[Linked Image]

Oh man! Ain't that the truth!?

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
What difference does it make?

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

When you eventually get to the Pearly Gates, you had better hope that JC is not wearing a taqiyah! [/quote]

No problem, a matter of faith!

Slim
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted By: Ken Howell
Originally Posted By: amax155
Only thru Grace.

And obedience.

what you mean works won't get me in?

Apostle Paul wrote by the Holy Spirit:
"So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling;"
Philippians 2:12

Apostle John wrote by the Holy Spirit:
"For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome." 1 John 5:3

"If any one thinks he is a prophet or spiritual, let him recognize that the things which I write to you are the Lord's commandments." 1 Corinthians 14:37

What Part of The New Testament is it we don't have to obey because we are under Grace?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't think he was making that point, Ringman.

I think he was saying that Grace is WHY we were saved. I don't think he'd argue with what is expected of us once that Grace is extended to us...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Loaded post.

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman

Originally Posted By: Ken Howell
Originally Posted By: amax155
Only thru Grace.

And obedience.

what you mean works won't get me in?

"So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling;"
Philippians 2:12

Apostle John wrote by the Holy Spirit:
"For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome." 1 John 5:3

"If any one thinks he is a prophet or spiritual, let him recognize that the things which I write to you are the Lord's commandments." 1 Corinthians 14:37

What Part of The New Testament is it we don't have to obey because we are under Grace?

Do you obey Matthew 6:6 ??

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
If Kenny is saved, I'll happily spend an eternity in hell.

I like those odds.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I've been a christian for 31 years. I'm glad I did and not going back. It's great being a christian and is much different than what the world portrays us .

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
I'm perfectly content to let Jesus decide � not all the "I am" claimants nor any of the self-appointed "you ain't" judgers.

How many ways into the kingdom of God are there? Here too, I'm perfectly content to let only Him decide. I'm pretty sure that others' opinions don't overrule His decrees regarding the matter.

I don't recall that He was ever reticent about either matter, either.

But those are just a couple of my opinions.
Those in Christ's sheepfold are Christians. Those outside of it are not. The Good Shepherd knows his own.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
All of these posts by Christians are very true. However, we must also look at what Jesus said about those non-believers who inhabit most churches.

Mt 7:22 Many will say to me on that day, �Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?�
23 Then I will tell them plainly, �I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!�

They're the ones who depended on their works to get into heaven instead of Jesus' grace. They've never put their faith totally in Christ to save them. To repeat a scripture in an earlier post:
Eph 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith�and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God not by works, so that no one can boast.

You MUST depend on grace for salvation. Those who ignore this passage in Ephesians and try to work their way in are the ones who will bitterly cry out "Lord Lord".

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
All of these posts by Christians are very true. However, we must also look at what Jesus said about those non-believers who inhabit most churches.

Mt 7:22 Many will say to me on that day, �Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?�
23 Then I will tell them plainly, �I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!�

They're the ones who depended on their works to get into heaven instead of Jesus' grace. They've never put their faith totally in Christ to save them. To repeat a scripture in an earlier post:
Eph 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith�and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God not by works, so that no one can boast.

You MUST depend on grace for salvation. Those who ignore this passage in Ephesians and try to work their way in are the ones who will bitterly cry out "Lord Lord".
Yes, the willing doing of good works (e.g., helping the needy, etc.) is a mark of sanctification, not the means of acquiring it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
I'm perfectly content to let Jesus decide � not all the "I am" claimants nor any of the self-appointed "you ain't" judgers.

How many ways into the kingdom of God are there? Here too, I'm perfectly content to let only Him decide. I'm pretty sure that others' opinions don't overrule His decrees regarding the matter.

I don't recall that He was ever reticent about either matter, either.

But those are just a couple of my opinions.

He already decided and paid for it with blood.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironeagle_84
Loaded post.

yep,..ticking time bomb...

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A former friend of mine heard that one sign of genius is a plethora of projects left unfinished, so he began a plethora of projects that he intended to leave unfinished.

That never impressed me as a sign of genius.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I am. When I don't act like it, I still am, by the grace of God. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. smile

As ashamed as I am, this is me. I need to be a better example, but our countries condition makes it very difficult for me.

Retired and Loving It!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
KEN good post.
I will not quote the good book but I think that I might be ok.

Hope a lot of others are as well.

Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter

Happily, a member of Our Lord's original church. Delighted to be Catholic.

And, Yup, WORKS. Faith and Works are inseparable grin

Blessings,

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I am not and I am perfectly content.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All I know is that as a human, I'm a sinner. I pray a lot for forgiveness and some day that the grace of God bestowed upon me at my baptism will allow to enter the eternal kingdom.

Page 2 of 36 1 2 3 4 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

474 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 2ndwind, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 47 invisible), 1,750 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,035
Posts18,520,982
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.