Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 35 36
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
A former friend of mine heard that one sign of genius is a plethora of projects left unfinished, so he began a plethora of projects that he intended to leave unfinished.

That never impressed me as a sign of genius.
Well said.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Im a christian and proud of it.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by AggieDog
Im a christian and proud of it.
Pride cometh before the fall. grin

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I've studied a variety of worldviews. After lots of careful thinking, I have concluded that the Christian worldview is the one that best explains the readily observable facts about the universe in which we live. So of course I'm a Christian. For me, its not just blind faith. I arrived at my faith for very good, rational reasons. What I find incomprehensible is why someone would want Christianity to be false.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by Steelhead
If Kenny is saved, I'll happily spend an eternity in hell.

I like those odds.

Count me in.

"you go to heaven for the climate, hell for the company"

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
All of these posts by Christians are very true. However, we must also look at what Jesus said about those non-believers who inhabit most churches.

Mt 7:22 Many will say to me on that day, �Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?�
23 Then I will tell them plainly, �I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!�

They're the ones who depended on their works to get into heaven instead of Jesus' grace. They've never put their faith totally in Christ to save them. To repeat a scripture in an earlier post:
Eph 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith�and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God not by works, so that no one can boast.

You MUST depend on grace for salvation. Those who ignore this passage in Ephesians and try to work their way in are the ones who will bitterly cry out "Lord Lord".

100%

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
To fundamental Jews and Muslims I probably am.

To fundamental evangelicals, I definitely not.

To me, I don't spend too much time thinking about it, much less worrying about it.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Get educated, Rancho. There is no company in hell.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
The old west Texas high school principal who came in with a nickel size melanoma on his lip didn't worry about it either, but he was a christian. Now he is "healed" - of everything.

Last edited by eyeball; 02/11/13.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by achadwick
What I find incomprehensible is why someone would want Christianity to be false.

The only reason I can think of why someone would want Christianity to be false is because they think they'd give up too much fun stuff to "be a Christian". That's certainly what I used to think.
Never been able to convey what is gained. Maybe that should be a new thread topic- "What is gained by being a believer?"

Last edited by Fireball2; 02/12/13.

LOL
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Pete E
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
I'm perfectly content to let Jesus decide � not all the "I am" claimants nor any of the self-appointed "you ain't" judgers.

How many ways into the kingdom of God are there? Here too, I'm perfectly content to let only Him decide. I'm pretty sure that others' opinions don't overrule His decrees regarding the matter.

I don't recall that He was ever reticent about either matter, either.

But those are just a couple of my opinions.

When you eventually get to the Pearly Gates, you had better hope that JC is not wearing a taqiyah!

Or..
[Linked Image]

" He who refuses to do the arithmetic is doomed to talk nonsense" John McCarthy

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
So start a new thread, Fireball. I give you my $0.02.

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by achadwick
What I find incomprehensible is why someone would want Christianity to be false.

The only reason I can think of why someone would want Christianity to be false is because they think they'd give up too much fun stuff to "be a Christian". That's certainly what I used to think.
Never been able to covey what is gained. Maybe that should be a new thread topic- "What is gained by being a believer?"
This is why
John 3:19-21 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. 21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.�

Last edited by Dons99; 02/11/13.

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
while i like the esoteric, mystical events of a god impregnating a virgin, then the crucifixation, death and resurrection as wonderful events to energize the masses, what i really like is the Teachings of Jesus. in his example he never married, or had kids, or refrained from eating out of other's gardens.

Christians are a diverse lot, that's pretty much a military certainty.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
By the Grace of God I'm saved.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If i say yes..... Will i be persecuted????????

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Gus
while i like the esoteric, mystical events of a god impregnating a virgin, then the crucifixation, death and resurrection as wonderful events to energize the masses, what i really like is the Teachings of Jesus. in his example he never married, or had kids, or refrained from eating out of other's gardens.

Hebrews 10:29-31 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know Him who said, �Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,� says the Lord. And again, �The Lord will judge His people.� 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Last edited by Dons99; 02/11/13.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Never been able to covey what is gained. Maybe that should be a new thread topic- "What is gained by being a believer?"

I am so torn. I prayed last night that I be more Christian today.

Okay, I will.

Good luck.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Christians tell the truth. Everlasting life, Firefly 2.

Last edited by eyeball; 02/11/13.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I said I would be MORE Christian...not a perfect Christian.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 3 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

471 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 2ndwind, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 49 invisible), 1,732 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,035
Posts18,520,982
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.