Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 35 36
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tom264
This is not directed at anyone in particular but those of you that think hell is eternal are gravely mistaken, all things created have to have an end and hell is created therefore will have an end.......don't know when or how long but when that happens Satan and his followers will cease to exist.

Sorry for the bad news..

Do you believe in God's infinite love but not in eternal damnation?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by efw
This is not directed at anyone in particular but those of you that think hell is eternal are gravely mistaken, all things created have to have an end and hell is created therefore will have an end.......don't know when or how long but when that happens Satan and his followers will cease to exist.

Sorry for the bad news..

Same must go for heaven, earth, & God's people then? You didn't mention that?

Don't want to be accused of being a Bible thumper but to be fair.
Luke 21:33

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
so it was a trick question

Believe vs. who's going to up vs. down

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by GeoW

Sorry for the bad news..

in a sense to be seperated from God would be eternal so I believe in both in that sense but hell is for a time and will be destroyed at some point.
I'm saying hell is not eternal because nothing of satan is eternal.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by rrroae
Originally Posted by ltppowell
As are your decisions or anyone else's.

I don't think we're far off in these things, other than I find it hard to believe it's an accident.

Neither do I.

I believe there is something greater out there but I'm not going to let man and his common theme of fear make me believe his version.

If I'm wrong, I've accepted the consequences.

Nothing wrong with that, it's probably close to the truth... whatever the truth is... no man can claim to know for sure... and there's nothing wrong with that either.

Kent

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw

Sorry for the bad news..

Might be getting you "Heaven" and "heavens" mixed up...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks. I say angelic, 'cause sometimes you have to reconcile the fact that you can be hard and still be a servant of God.

Yep. If you study up on angels you will find they are never mentioned as feminine or having wings. There was a reason the first thing the angel told the shepherds was "Fear not".

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Sorry for the bad news..

Being dead forever is eternal damnation, according to Dr Arnold Murray of Shepards Chapel.

Last edited by eyeball; 02/11/13.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
I'm perfectly content to let Jesus decide � not all the "I am" claimants nor any of the self-appointed "you ain't" judgers.

How many ways into the kingdom of God are there? Here too, I'm perfectly content to let only Him decide. I'm pretty sure that others' opinions don't overrule His decrees regarding the matter.

I don't recall that He was ever reticent about either matter, either.

But those are just a couple of my opinions.
I'd like to meet you some day Mr. Howell. You seem to be a man of great integrity and that's something I have a great deal of admiration for. May God Bless You and your family.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by efw

Sorry for the bad news..

Might be getting you "Heaven" and "heavens" mixed up...
no I'm not......

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
all things created have to have an end
Our souls were created, yet we're to believe they are immortal.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have, he is. Make the trip, it is worth it.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Keep in mind the difference between eternal (of which only God is) and immortal, of which are the angels and our souls.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
I'm perfectly content to let Jesus decide � not all the "I am" claimants nor any of the self-appointed "you ain't" judgers.

How many ways into the kingdom of God are there? Here too, I'm perfectly content to let only Him decide. I'm pretty sure that others' opinions don't overrule His decrees regarding the matter.

I don't recall that He was ever reticent about either matter, either.

But those are just a couple of my opinions.

Not, but wish I were.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by krp

Nothing wrong with that, it's probably close to the truth... whatever the truth is... no man can claim to know for sure... and there's nothing wrong with that either.

Kent

To be clear, I have nothing against anyone who believes in a specific higher being and I really hope they find the eternal salvation they're looking for. Whatever it may be.

I've just chosen a different path. Right or wrong.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Sorry for the bad news..

in a sense to be seperated from God would be eternal so I believe in both in that sense but hell is for a time and will be destroyed at some point.
His torment will... �Then He will also say to those on the left hand, �Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: Mat 25:41

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I don't think we're far off in these things, other than I find it hard to believe it's an accident.

Neither do I.

I believe there is something greater out there but I'm not going to let man and his common theme of fear make me believe his version.

We're basically on the same page. IMHO, a man's religous beliefs are the most personal thing in the world. Your actions mean everything... your words nothing...unless your words discourage somebody else from doing the right thing. I am way too small to judge.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

Neither do I.

Fair enough. But what if God has tried to communicate to us so we would know him. What would that communication look like?

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
.....IMHO, a man's religous beliefs are the most personal thing in the world. Your actions mean everything... your words nothing...unless your words discourage somebody else from doing the right thing. I am way too small to judge.

I respect that tremendously.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Scott F
Thanks. I say angelic, 'cause sometimes you have to reconcile the fact that you can be hard and still be a servant of God.

Yep. If you study up on angels you will find they are never mentioned as feminine or having wings. There was a reason the first thing the angel told the shepherds was "Fear not".
Scott, some angels were described as having wings, e.g., "Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings ..." Isaiah 6:2

Page 5 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

485 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 12344mag, 222ND, 1beaver_shooter, 46 invisible), 1,709 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,051
Posts18,521,234
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.