Page 6 of 36 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 35 36
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Not, but wish I were.

Easy thing to fix.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rrroae
Originally Posted by krp

Nothing wrong with that, it's probably close to the truth... whatever the truth is... no man can claim to know for sure... and there's nothing wrong with that either.

Kent

To be clear, I have nothing against anyone who believes in a specific higher being and I really hope they find the eternal salvation they're looking for. Whatever it may be.

I've just chosen a different path. Right or wrong.

Doesn't sound like a different path to me. It just sounds like you trust "Him" or "It" more than people. Shiit, ain't that the way it's supposed to be?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
"Too small to judge." Is a fundamentally crappy philosophy.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I think I'm going to go ahead and bow out of this thread.
I am not going to change anyone's mind...certainly not trying to
I don't know why I let myself get sucked into these religious threads.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tom264
Originally Posted by GeoW
This is not directed at anyone in particular but those of you that think hell is eternal are gravely mistaken, all things created have to have an end and hell is created therefore will have an end.......don't know when or how long but when that happens Satan and his followers will cease to exist.

Sorry for the bad news..

Do you believe in God's infinite love but not in eternal damnation?
in a sense to be seperated from God would be eternal so I believe in both in that sense but hell is for a time and will be destroyed at some point.
I'm saying hell is not eternal because nothing of satan is eternal.

Luke 21:33 States, Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

That in and of itself leads me to believe that Hell, is perhaps forever.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by achadwick

Okay...you judge other people. It's not my gig.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
This is not directed at anyone in particular but those of you that think hell is eternal are gravely mistaken, all things created have to have an end and hell is created therefore will have an end.......don't know when or how long but when that happens Satan and his followers will cease to exist.

Sorry for the bad news.

When the lecturer said "Where we now stand will be under the sea in a billion years," a man in the audience jumped to his feet �

"How soon?" he asked in a quivery voice.

"A billion years."

"Whew!" the man sat down. "I thought you said in a million years."

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Dons99

Sorry for the bad news..

�And they shall go forth and look
Upon the corpses of the men
Who have transgressed against Me.
For their worm does not die,
And their fire is not quenched.Isaiah 66

If God's gift to man is eternal life.....then those who fail to accept that gift do die.

Or, so I was taught in Sabbath School.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think I'm going to go ahead and bow out of this thread.
I am not going to change anyone's mind...certainly not trying to
I don't know why I let myself get sucked into these religious threads.....

Tom, you are a great participant. I have much to learn from people such as yourself. I can tell you are no stranger to the Word. smile

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Doesn't sound like a different path to me. It just sounds like you trust "Him" or "It" more than people. Shiit, ain't that the way it's supposed to be?

That's what my heart tells me.

But I'm rolling the dice just as much as anyone else.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Amazing !

The expressed belief that God created mankind;
- wants mankind to be close to Him, for eternity;
- has given the simple means for achieving that closeness, and;
- has given clear instructions for living as He wishes

- then brings about such degrees of contention, disagreement, rancor, anger, and frustration among His creatures;

- and causes us to create denominations, rituals, hoops and hurdles across the simple path to Him.

Such foolishness must be proof of something about mankind. How could even the smartest and most experienced among us begin to think that we could define "man's God" (in whatever variations we could muster)?

How could we begin to think that our human reasoning and decisions about His nature, and whether or not we accept or reject what He offers, would affect Him and His plan in any way - except to disappoint Him when we do not draw near?

Some of us argue so well and mightily. However, no matter how many of whatever we think can reside on the head of any theological pin, His truth seems too simple for many of us to grasp. Even given that simplicity, some of us have to proclaim loudly our rejection and provide our "facts" about why we reject His offering - as if He does not know, and as if he cares, why we reject Him.

Thus, in my humble view, the role of faith as determinant. Keep the Faith.

Last edited by CCCC; 02/11/13.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
All I want to know is if Christ made His first appearance 40 years ago would we all be wearing little electric chairs on chains around our necks?

Glad it was 2000+ years ago. A cross looks much better than an electric above the bed. It would make it tough on vampires too, as anything can be made into a cross. Imagine trying to put together a few mini-electric chairs to keep the count away...

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

Okay...you judge other people. It's not my gig.

This is, itself, a judgement. Your argument is self-refuting.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by CCCC
Amazing !

The expressed belief that God created mankind;
- wants mankind to be close to Him, for eternity;
- has given the simple means for achieving that closeness, and;
- has given clear instructions for living as He wishes

- then brings about such degrees of contention, disagreement, rancor, anger, and frustration among His creatures;

- and causes us to create denominations, rituals, hoops and hurdles across the simple path to Him.

Such foolishness must be proof of something about mankind. How could even the smartest and most experienced among us begin to think that we could define "man's God" (in whatever variations we could muster)?

How could we begin to think that our human reasoning and decisions about His nature, and whether or not we accept or reject what He offers, would affect Him and His plan in any way - except to disappoint Him when we do not draw near?

Some of us argue so well and mightily. However, no matter how many of whatever we think can reside on the head of any theological pin, His truth seems too simple for many of us to grasp. Even given that simplicity, some of us have to proclaim loudly our rejection and provide our "facts" about why we reject His offering - as if He does not know, and as if he cares, why we reject Him.

Thus, in my humble view, the role of faith as determinant. Keep the Faith.

Well said my friend, very well said.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

If God has attempted to communicate to us then there is no roll of the dice. It is possible to know the truth.

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Faith is important. I'm confident that more than a few have made it to the good place without giving a damn about what other people tell them to do.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

probably more than those who believe through faith and submit to the Word, actually. Faith in the Word (Jesus) and the Truth (Jesus) ensures hope is not in vain. Jesus is the Word and the Truth will set you free (from death).

You can listen to your heart (flesh) or He who made it.

Last edited by eyeball; 02/11/13.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If God has attempted to communicate to us then there is no roll of the dice. It is possible to know the truth.

If one knows and understands right from wrong, good from bad then regardless of the choices he chooses to make, God had indeed attempted to and accomplished communication.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Dons99

Sorry for the bad news..

�And they shall go forth and look
Upon the corpses of the men
Who have transgressed against Me.
For their worm does not die,
And their fire is not quenched.Isaiah 66

If God's gift to man is eternal life.....then those who fail to accept that gift do die.

Or, so I was taught in Sabbath School.
We will all die physically but not spiritually. The bible teachs that we will all be judged and our souls live forever either in Heaven (with God) or hell (seperation from God).

Mat 25:31 �When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, �Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

41 �Then He will also say to those on the left hand, �Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

No one has to accept another man's version of God... or even the manmade name God... understanding that what comes after this life is undefinable in language kinda puts it in perspective.

Kent

Page 6 of 36 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (300_savage, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 270cowboy, 10gaugeman, 48 invisible), 1,801 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,054
Posts18,521,335
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.