-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 36 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 35 36
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Actions speak louder than words. I'm afraid that many people don't realize that we ain't the only one's watching.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
The Thief on the Cross was not saved by works, neither are we...

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tom264
This is not directed at anyone in particular but those of you that think hell is eternal are gravely mistaken, all things created have to have an end and hell is created therefore will have an end.......don't know when or how long but when that happens Satan and his followers will cease to exist.

Sorry for the bad news..

Jude 1:7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

What part of 'eternal' is so hard to understand?
God created angels and they are eternal.
God created man and we are eternal, in heaven or hell.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Sure we are.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think I'm going to go ahead and bow out of this thread.
I am not going to change anyone's mind...certainly not trying to
I don't know why I let myself get sucked into these religious threads.....

I don't think anyone can be talked into faith. Those without faith will need more than another point of view.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shut up, heathen.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
They need to pray for the blessing of faith.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rrroae
I have nothing against anyone who believes in a specific higher being and I really hope they find the eternal salvation they're looking for. Whatever it may be.

I've just chosen a different path. Right or wrong.

Excellent point, well worthy of � and entitled to � others' respect!

God won't like your decision � it's not one of His druthers � but He'll respect it.

He'd prefer to have you with Him, but He gave you free will to opt for the other course, so He'll honor your choice. He wants you to be with Him only if you want to be with Him. He gives us complete freedom to choose, as long as we're willing to take the consequences. He's not going to shanghai you. He could, but He won't. He runs no divine draft board.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CCCC
Amazing !

The expressed belief that God created mankind;
- wants mankind to be close to Him, for eternity;
- has given the simple means for achieving that closeness, and;
- has given clear instructions for living as He wishes

- then brings about such degrees of contention, disagreement, rancor, anger, and frustration among His creatures;

- and causes us to create denominations, rituals, hoops and hurdles across the simple path to Him.

Such foolishness must be proof of something about mankind. How could even the smartest and most experienced among us begin to think that we could define "man's God" (in whatever variations we could muster)?

How could we begin to think that our human reasoning and decisions about His nature, and whether or not we accept or reject what He offers, would affect Him and His plan in any way - except to disappoint Him when we do not draw near?

Some of us argue so well and mightily. However, no matter how many of whatever we think can reside on the head of any theological pin, His truth seems too simple for many of us to grasp. Even given that simplicity, some of us have to proclaim loudly our rejection and provide our "facts" about why we reject His offering - as if He does not know, and as if he cares, why we reject Him.

Thus, in my humble view, the role of faith as determinant. Keep the Faith.

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'll throw the wrench... the most Christian people I know wouldn't get caught talking about religion with the hard core holy rollers. I wouldn't either, 'cept I told God that I would do my part, and I know helping those that struggle with faith is the right thing to do.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I think I'm going to go ahead and bow out of this thread.
I am not going to change anyone's mind...certainly not trying to
I don't know why I let myself get sucked into these religious threads.....

I don't think anyone can be talked into faith. Those without faith will need more than another point of view.
1 Cor 12:3 No one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I am a Christian.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Looks like Christ took away original thought with original sin.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steelhead

No He just brought the truth. John 14:6
Jesus said to him, �I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yea, we are sheep and lean not on our own understanding, the way Zero voters did.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ken Howell

God won't like your decision � it's not one of His druthers � but He'll respect it.

He'd prefer to have you with Him, but He gave you free will to opt for the other course, so He'll honor your choice. He wants you to be with Him only if you want to be with Him. He gives us complete freedom to choose, as long as we're willing to take the consequences. He's not going to shanghai you. He could, but He won't. He runs no divine draft board.

But Ken, in my way I am with him. Just because I chose not to define who God is from what others tell me doesn't mean I don't believe in him(undefined) or think about him and sometimes ask him for guidance.

I truly believe in something greater than myself and as odd as my relationship with him might seem to some of you, that's the way I've chosen.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
God defined who He is, not us.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Dons99
Originally Posted by Steelhead

No He just brought the truth. John 14:6
Jesus said to him, �I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

No one goes to God expect through Christ, but Christ is God, so you can't get to God without going through God?

Spewing scripture is funny stuff.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by ltppowell
As are your decisions or anyone else's.

I don't think we're far off in these things, other than I find it hard to believe it's an accident.

Neither do I.

I believe there is something greater out there but I'm not going to let man and his common theme of fear make me believe his version.

If I'm wrong, I've accepted the consequences.

frown My pond was also slow to fill. My prayer is that someday soon yours will also fill. GW

Last edited by oldtimer303; 02/11/13.

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ken Howell

But Ken, in my way I am with him. Just because I chose not to define who God is from what others tell me doesn't mean I don't believe in him(undefined) or think about him and sometimes ask him for guidance.

I truly believe in something greater than myself and as odd as my relationship with him might seem to some of you, that's the way I've chosen.

rrroae, quite listening to others then and ask God to reveal Himself to you.
Hebrews 11:6 He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Page 7 of 36 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

467 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 2ndwind, 12344mag, 1234, 1badf350, 48 invisible), 1,687 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,038
Posts18,521,093
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.