Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 36 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 35 36
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yep, it is ridiculous to assume that two people with three sons populating the earth with humans didn't have belly buttons.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gus
did Jesus have a belly button?

we know that Adam & Eve did not.

Let me see, you're saying that God could create Adam from a lump of clay and Eve from a rib of Adam, but He couldn't create them with belly buttons. Is that right?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep, it is ridiculous to assume that two people with three sons populating the earth with humans didn't have belly buttons.

Where did the three sons get there wives? Maybe there is a theologian here who can tell us.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Could be or maybe it's allegory contradicted by all available evidence.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
Where did the three sons get there wives? Maybe there is a theologian here who can tell us.

"Our own curiosity (or unyielding obstinacy � KEH) often hinders us in the reading of the Scriptures, when we desire to understand (or ridicule � KEH) and discuss that which we should instead pass over [and move-on]." ( � Thomas � Kempis)

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
How the heck do you remember all that stuff?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Not correct to assume that Adam and Eve only bore three sons, more likely since humans in those days lived much longer lives, of ten hundreds of years, that there were many children, both male and female.

God only reveals to us what we need to know concerning salvation through Jesus. All will eventually be revealed when we get to heaven. Faith man, Faith.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eyeball

� Write it down some place.
� Remember that I wrote it down some place.
� Try to remember where I wrote it down.
� Try to find where I wrote it down.
� Find (now 'n' then) where I wrote it down.

"Good enough" isn't.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Un Real

(Or is that surreal?)

Last edited by eyeball; 02/12/13.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Really!!

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by eyeball

I have nearly the same system but mine looks like this.

� If I find it either can't read my own writing or figure out my spelling or both.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by MacLorry
Originally Posted by Gus
did Jesus have a belly button?

we know that Adam & Eve did not.

Let me see, you're saying that God could create Adam from a lump of clay and Eve from a rib of Adam, but He couldn't create them with belly buttons. Is that right?

oh, he could, he could, if he wanted to? he could create Sasquatch, Chupacabra, and the Loch Ness Monster if he wanted to. he can do anything.

but, i'll match ya, and raise ya one, if that's ok? even if there wasn't a God, we humans would create one if we wanted one enough. Allah, Yahweh, Jesus, Buddha, Ra, Odin, you name it, it's appeared on the road to travel with us at one time or another.

a lot of the old gods have been knocked in the head, and have been rolled down to the bottom of the ditch on side of the road. i hope my God and your God doesn't meet that fate. wink

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Any sulfa drug you rx can kill someone by causing Stevens-Johnson's syndrome. I have thousands of things like that written down all over the place and couldn't find most of it on a bet.

Last edited by eyeball; 02/12/13.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
10-4, Scott. I live there.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Not pointing at anyone specific here but as a general rule

- The more someone flaps their lips professing to be something the less I believe 'em

And that goes for myself as well

Last edited by Spotshooter; 02/12/13.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Did Christ masturbate as a child, yes/no?

Ask Him................. He's alive, you know.

Being convinced of a Risen Christ relieves me of any responsibility to answer stupid questions on His behalf.

Don't give up hope you old goat. Wife and I are going to church on Palm Sunday and Easter.

Pears sent for the church.grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gus
� we humans would create one if we wanted one enough. Allah, Yahweh, � , Buddha, Ra, Odin, you name it �

And humans have for many centuries tried to do so.

But forming wishful or hostile opinions and theories re gods is a long way from creating actual gods. No one can create anything that'll be greater than himself in all regards.

I can't remember even one science-fiction fantasizer who ever created any of the critters and superheroes that he fantasized.

"Good enough" isn't.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by Gus
� we humans would create one if we wanted one enough. Allah, Yahweh, � , Buddha, Ra, Odin, you name it �

And humans have for many centuries tried to do so.

But forming wishful or hostile opinions and theories re gods is a long way from creating actual gods. No one can create anything that'll be greater than himself in all regards.

I can't remember even one science-fiction fantasizer who ever created any of the critters and superheroes that he fantasized.

Men have also be claiming to have found the true God for eon's, but some many of them then started applying God's laws with the minds of men

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
"...even if there wasn't a God, we humans would create one if we wanted one enough. Allah, Yahweh, Jesus, Buddha, Ra, Odin, you name it, it's appeared on the road to travel with us at one time or another."

Doubt it. What you see in your examples is more likely a result of God creating a spiritual vacuum in man that can only be filled by Himself; those who don't come to him in truth simply seek another way to fill that vacuum. If there was no maker/God, there would be no need for man to 'invent' a god.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

Peter was instructed by Jesus...

The way you wrote it suggests to me you don't think Apostle Paul was taught by Jesus. Am I correct?

Literally, no... not like Peter.

Figuratively, every person who believes a God hears and answers them feels instructed.

Kent

Page 13 of 36 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

191 members (257 mag, 320090T, 338reddog, 1OntarioJim, 3333vl, 17 invisible), 2,459 guests, and 1,040 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,780
Posts18,536,049
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.