Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by emmerth
I agree, that picture does show a fogged up scope.

Thank you emmerth, at least someone here has some eyes that work. I took the picture and priced it low knowing how it looked. I thought the picture was a fair demonstation of how the scope was... Apparently some people opinions of "fogged" and "not clear" are very much different than others.

THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE BOUGHT FROM ME IN THE PAST KNOW I AM STRAIGHT FORWARD, IF I HAVE SCREWED ANYONE ELSE OVER PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CHIME IN....AND I APOLOGIZE TO ANYONE I MAY SCREW OVER IN THE FUTURE, ITS NOT INTENTIONAL JUST APPARENTLY IGNORANCE ON MY PART. crazy

Last edited by theduke308; 02/12/13.
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by theduke308
I will take it to a PM with the original buyer, I am not arguing with someone over the public forum about something that is a personal matter... I bet you dont find anyone else that I have sold to on here that thinks I ripped them off, and this is not the case here either. The picture clearly and accurately shows the scope. I never misrepresent items. I lowered the price for him and he still has a beef about it?? Very classy in my opinion.

Now that they guy took it for everyone to see, NOW you want to try and take care of it by PM. You started with that and didn't handle it right.
Had you been more honest about the condition of the scope and not misleading the buyer you would not have this problem.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pal
You were taken advantage of and you lost capital because of a clever misrepresentation by a fellow member who refused to make it right with a full refund.

Not true, I offer a refund he wont reply and publicly stated that he
I am done with this seller. I feel that it is beneath me to correspond with such a man of low character.

There is nothing more that I can do

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Even cloudy as the picture shows the scope is worth well more than what he paid for it.

You're GOOD at B.S.......

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RAS
Anyways, I am done with this seller. I feel that it is beneath me to correspond with such a man of low character.

Good move....Let him stew in the soup he's made.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Convincing us, or yourself?......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am not going to beg someone to take a refund, just like I am not going to be told that I will or wont do something. Had he approached it in a reasonable manner opposed to telling me he is sending it back and expects a refund, without any other communication whatsoever, does not fly with me. Think what you want I really dont care, I am tired of arguing, I offered a refund, no reply, buyer states he dont want to stoop so low as to communicate to me, so case closed in my opinion.

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pal
You were taken advantage of and you lost capital because of a clever misrepresentation by a fellow member who refused to make it right with a full refund.

Not true, I offer a refund he wont reply and publicly stated that he
I am done with this seller. I feel that it is beneath me to correspond with such a man of low character.

You could send him his money back with a note asking him to return the scope. I think it would go a long way here in restoring your reputation.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I know that I would NOT have been happy with the scope in that condition. To me, "not as clear" and foggy are two very different issues.

I'm with you on this one RAS.

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The picture clearly shows a scope with "issues", I see no false advertising here...

Did you really expect a 95 dollar scope to be crystal clear?

Seriously?

IC B3

R
R
Stating "Not as clear as today's scopes but not horrible either." is not the same as statng scope is fogged and will need repair.

Has I purchased it, I would be expecting a refund for misrepresentation irregardless of the price paid unless it was made clear up front that the scope was fogged and needed repair.

No High Fences. We don't hunt Zoos. Free range and fair chase only.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by emmerth
I agree, that picture does show a fogged up scope.

Thank you emmerth, at least someone here has some eyes that work. I took the picture and priced it low knowing how it looked. I thought the picture was a fair demonstation of how the scope was... Apparently some people opinions of "fogged" and "not clear" are very much different than others.

THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE BOUGHT FROM ME IN THE PAST KNOW I AM STRAIGHT FORWARD, IF I HAVE SCREWED ANYONE ELSE OVER PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CHIME IN....AND I APOLOGIZE TO ANYONE I MAY SCREW OVER IN THE FUTURE, ITS NOT INTENTIONAL JUST APPARENTLY IGNORANCE ON MY PART. crazy

Not everybody can see pics and some of us are looking at them on a small phone screen. You should fully disclose when something is wrong and be a man about it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Donsm70, we have dealt before, I agree not as clear and foggy are two different situations, I assure you the scope is not any more foggy today, than it was when the picture was taken. It is obviously a difference in opinions,and I would have gladly offered a refund initially had he not came across as a hard ass telling me what I would do without even asking for a refund, he tells me "he is sending it back and expects a refund". Well that is not the best way to get something done from my experience.

If your pulled over for speeding and you are sure you were not speeding you dont tell the cop, Hey I wasn't speeding and drive off do you? No you say officer I am sure that I wasn't speeding are you certain that I was? I am fairly certain that NO ONE on this site would like to be told what they will or wont do by an order. I never took orders from a stranger halfway across the US and I am not going to start now

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
theduke308

You were obviously trying to screw the buyer. Showing a picture does not justify your actions. You're not trust worthy.

All,
I've noticed on at least 6 occasions now in the past few months that the people who only post to sell something on the ads here WAY OVERSELL their product, especially scopes! These are the "Gun Show Creeps" that offer nothing to this site except to sell their junk.

We can do without them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by reekax
Stating "Not as clear as today's scopes but not horrible either." is not the same as statng scope is fogged and will need repair.

Has I purchased it, I would be expecting a refund for misrepresentation irregardless of the price paid unless it was made clear up front that the scope was fogged and needed repair.

there is nothing wrong with the scope and it does not need repaired. I have yet to see a Lyman, Unertl, Weaver, Redfield or any other scope from the 1960's that could live up to today's standards as I PLAINLY stated

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SU35
theduke308

You were obviously trying to screw the buyer. Showing a picture does not justify your actions. You're not trust worthy.

All,
I've noticed on at least 6 occasions now in the past few months that the people who only post to sell something on the ads here WAY OVERSELL their product, especially scopes! These are the "Gun Show Creeps" that offer nothing to this site except to sell their junk.

We can do without them.

I am pretty sure if I were trying to mislead someone I would not have even put a picture looking through the scope let alone as many pictures as I did put.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And I did offer via a PM to take it back since he wants to make a major public spectacle about his and my difference in opinion, and apparently computer monitor resolution.

By the way, you cant see through a foggy scope, this one was very much see through-able, just that it was not as clear as other scopes I have. I have yet to see a 40 year old weaver that was as clear as a Leupold, bushnell or even a Tasco...

why not just be a stand up guy and return his money ? If I sold something to a member and he believed i misrepresented it , i would without hesitation return his money .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Duke, Si says just get that Star Wars lazer surgery, and the scope will be crystal clear, all for just 95 bucks....

Not trying to be a smart ass, but there's a reason I don't buy used optics on web forums, especially for 95 bucks.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
the scope in the picure is not fogged, not clear yes, but its not fogged, when I had a scope fogged you couldnt ever see anything thur it

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by reekax

+1...

Duke, you screwed up. The defects should have been better articulated.
RAS, take the refund and move on.

Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

694 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1eyedmule, 160user, 73 invisible), 3,208 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,105
Posts18,483,265
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.