Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wirtbowhunter
I once bought a scope off of here that had some pretty bad ring marks. If memory serves me right the add stated that "minor ring marks exist". They were bad enough I didn't even want to put the scope on the rifle. I chalked it up to my idea of minor ring marks weren't the same as the seller, took some good pictures of the scope and sold it on ebay.

I think Jeff/RAS is acting a little high and mighty about all this. All of you condemn Duke over $95, well what about Jeff? Both parties could be way above this if they put a little effort into it. Really, for $95?! Man up.

Last edited by Fireball2; 02/12/13.

LOL
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by wirtbowhunter
I once bought a scope off of here that had some pretty bad ring marks. If memory serves me right the add stated that "minor ring marks exist". They were bad enough I didn't even want to put the scope on the rifle. I chalked it up to my idea of minor ring marks weren't the same as the seller, took some good pictures of the scope and sold it on ebay.

I think Jeff/RAS is acting a little high and mighty about all this. All of you condemn Duke over $95, well what about Jeff? Both parties could be way above this if they put a little effort into it? Really, for $95?! Man up.

Dude,
I hear you and you aren't wrong.
On the other hand, duke says his ad said the scope was fogged.........
Did you gather that from his ad?
I saw a crappy pic that I wouldn't draw that conclusion from.
Why didn't he just say.....the scope is a little foggy?
I don't see RAS as ruining his rep.
Can't say that for duke.
YMMV.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jeff/RAS is a seasoned buyer on auction and web sites. If he's looking at the same photos of the scopes clarity I'm looking at, and he wanted clearer, he shouldn't have bought it. Jeff's no internet dummy.
I think he should accept that he took a risk and it didn't pan out for him. I mentioned earlier that in my opinion when you're shopping for $100 scopes you can't ask for the moon and stars, but apparently he is.
At this point I think both parties are being petty over very little money. And I don't like Jeff's "I'm above this" attitude. I've always been supportive of Jeff and his lovely family, and do not begrudge him, but find this whole exchange distasteful.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I never said it was fogged, I never said it wasn't fogged, I said it was not as clear as scopes are today, and I showed that via a Digital camera picture, its not like I scanned a polaroid image in. The picture, I felt, was a very accurate depiction of what I was selling and had RAS not acted like a bad a s s about this I would have acted differently about the refund.
He is obviously stubborn and arrogant and truthfully I dont feel all that bad knowing how he is acting about this situation.

Is the way to get fair treatment from someone to shoot orders, to ignore PM's, and say that you are not stooping low enough to communicate with me?

I am not saying I am right, I am not saying I am wrong, I am simply saying that if he wants to act like a baby, that's his choice.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Duke,
Before you edited your original post on this thread, you claimed that your ad had stated the scope was "foggy".
Turns out, the ad did not say, or to me anyway, represent that.
Correct?

Then you edited your post, removed the " I said it was foggy in the ad" part along with removing your offer of a refund.

Why the need for all the editing?

Have Dog

Will Travel

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Where the hell is Judge Judy when u need her. I normally dont post on these heated topics but i cant resist this one. I do agree if the scope is truely fogged it should clearly state that. I do see this guys point in posting a pic and it does show a fair amount of unclearness. I have sold many Weavers handed down from family and none of them could even come close to being what i would call clear. I would like to see some picks from the buyer through the scope to see exactly how bad this fog is or if it is just not as clear as newer optics. I think this is the deciding factor here to is the scope fogged or is it just really not as clear as newer scopes. If it is fogged and needs repair than the wording was misleading and a full refund with shipping should be made. Lets see some photos and give this guy a chance to continue defending or admit that he should of disclosed the scope needed repair.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by SU35

All,
I've noticed on at least 6 occasions now in the past few months that the people who only post to sell something on the ads here WAY OVERSELL their product, especially scopes! These are the "Gun Show Creeps" that offer nothing to this site except to sell their junk.

We can do without them.

99.9% of the posts from the "theduke308" are in the classifieds. I'd say his selling days here are up in smoke.......

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by theduke308
I never said it was fogged, I never said it wasn't fogged, I said it was not as clear as scopes are today, and I showed that via a Digital camera picture, its not like I scanned a polaroid image in. The picture, I felt, was a very accurate depiction of what I was selling and had RAS not acted like a bad a s s about this I would have acted differently about the refund.
He is obviously stubborn and arrogant and truthfully I dont feel all that bad knowing how he is acting about this situation.

Is the way to get fair treatment from someone to shoot orders, to ignore PM's, and say that you are not stooping low enough to communicate with me?

I am not saying I am right, I am not saying I am wrong, I am simply saying that if he wants to act like a baby, that's his choice.
I thought you stated a few posts back you were DONE with your comments on this? confused

Last edited by coobie; 02/12/13.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I can only say that had I sold the scope,I would have explained it's condition so that there could be no question the buyer knew what he was buying.

It would seem to me,the seller here explained the condition in such a way that he could claim full disclosure without disclosing the actual condition.

The picture doesn't mean much.Pictures of scope views rarely show the actual clarity of any scope.I would expect a much worse than actual immage in a picture,even from very high end scopes.

Bottom line is that I don't sell junk and the only way I would have offered the scope would be for someone to repair who was looking for a period correct scope.Even then I would have likely just given it away.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I dont see a fogged scope in the pictures, I see a scope thats not clear but in no way fogged, or maybe I dont know what a fogged scope is

IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
duke just man up and admit you were wrong and misrepresented the scope refund his money and let it go. quit trying to play some mind game with your misleading words. do what's right and go on

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And the duke goes on ignore..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Look at the last picture guys...come on.. wow

I lowered my price for you to buy it from 110 to 95 dollars, you can clearly see the picture and I said it was not as clear as today's optics, which it is not.... And I misrepresented??? A misrepresentation would not have included a picture looking through the scope my friend. I do not give refunds for buyers remorse...look closely at my pictures before you buy my items and there will never be any problems.

You didn't say it was fogged! You owe the guy his money back and try to resell it, stating that it is cloudy and fogged! Then if someone buys it, it's at their own risk.

You are another "bad" dealer in my book till you get it right. Hope it was worth your reputation. You should have sent it in or repair, then sold it. You did the buyer wrong. Glad he informed us so I can put you on ignore to remind me to beware.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by luv2safari
...The scope was "clearly" misrepresented.

The seller has effectively screwed himself at this site, just like he screwed RAS.

This.

That is underhanded, to trick someone into buying your inferior product, through misrepresentation.

We need a "Bad Guy" list.

Again....LOOK AT THE LAST PICTURE
[Linked Image]

That whole damn pic. is blurry, just look at the table. Not to mention it looks like the pic. is from inside a porch. You should of just stated blurry view or foggy. Leaving a pic for someone to judge without telling him what you know is wrong with the scope is shady.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by j1r11
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by luv2safari
...The scope was "clearly" misrepresented.

The seller has effectively screwed himself at this site, just like he screwed RAS.

This.

That is underhanded, to trick someone into buying your inferior product, through misrepresentation.

We need a "Bad Guy" list.

Again....LOOK AT THE LAST PICTURE
[Linked Image]

That whole damn pic. is blurry, just look at the table. Not to mention it looks like the pic. is from inside a porch. You should of just stated blurry view or foggy. Leaving a pic for someone to judge without telling him what you know is wrong with the scope is shady.

You obviously have no clue how a digital camera works..??.. In order to take a picture through a scope, you have to use the macro setting. In the macro setting the scope focuses on a single object, in this case the inside of the scope. It focuses all of its picture taking magic on this one spot thus making the rest of the image cloudy. Sheesh people are getting dumber and dumber and dumber.....and for the record I WASNT SELLING THE TABLE so why would it matter if it was blurry?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Look at the last picture guys...come on.. wow

I lowered my price for you to buy it from 110 to 95 dollars, you can clearly see the picture and I said it was not as clear as today's optics, which it is not.... And I misrepresented??? A misrepresentation would not have included a picture looking through the scope my friend. I do not give refunds for buyers remorse...look closely at my pictures before you buy my items and there will never be any problems.

This is a total misrepresentation. Saying it's not as clear as today's scopes is totally different than saying it's fogged and you know it. Trying to judge if a scope is fogged from a picture is almost impossible. Is it fogged, is there fog or frost on the window, is it just a weird artifact of the camera trying to focus through multiple layers of glass, or what?

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
If the buyer wont contact me then he can drop it and go away, I am not begging someone to take my money. I can use it many other places than here

Each time you put pen to paper you devulge more clearly who & what you are. I think the above statement is all telling. Be gone!

DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And for the Last Time...I AM NOT REFUNDING MONEY TO A PERSON THAT WILL NOT COMMUNICATE WITH ME... CASE CLOSED

This site really needs moderators to keep stupid posts like these from escalating to sh-it storms

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
And for the Last Time...I AM NOT REFUNDING MONEY TO A PERSON THAT WILL NOT COMMUNICATE WITH ME... CASE CLOSED

This site really needs moderators to keep stupid posts like these from escalating to sh-it storms

Ain't the first schit storm........ definitely not the last!!!

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
I guess the objective lense could have been cracked and simply described as "not in 'new' condition" or "not as clear" as newer ones....??? How would you feel if I sold you a scope like that??? You would be right to "expect" a refund and perfectly within your rights to express it that way. Just sayin....

Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

309 members (1minute, 204guy, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 42 invisible), 2,460 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,428
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.