Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 36 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 35 36
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dons99
� Proverbs 18:7
A fool�s mouth is his destruction, And his lips are the snare of his soul.

And there's nothing else quite like this kind of a thread to lure 'em into blaring-forth the noise of their destruction as if they delight in it.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Dear God, save me from your followers.

Thats a great start, glad I could help!

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Don't sweat it, I'm praying for your hell bent soul. I only hope you find the path. God has told me you are [bleep].

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
MacLorry,

All that's required is the ability to humble one's self before God and believe the foolishness of the message preached.

I have read this thread from the beginning and your sentence above has more to say than the vast majority of those who have posted. One must humble himself to come to the Lord. But how hard it is for us humans to think we don't have the answers.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Ken Howell

And there's nothing else quite like this kind of a thread to lure 'em into blaring-forth the noise of their destruction as if they delight in it.

It truly does bring out the hypocrites in force. Say hey to your kids you old [bleep].

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Like moths crawling into the lantern top on a lake at night, as you sit and catch crappie for a feast.

The power of Satan makes them no more than a moth drawn to the fire, unable to do more than follow their nose.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Don't sweat it, I'm praying for your hell bent soul. I only hope you find the path. God has told me you are [bleep].
Steel you're doing great, 2 prayers in just a matter minutes.
Heb 11:6 He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Last edited by Dons99; 02/12/13.

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
eyeball,

I'm pretty sure You live in Him.

I wrote an essay called Jesus, the Formed God. It appears to be heretical at first, but it is one of my better works.

To help us understand more fully what Scripture is teaching about God and Jesus and us, we will look at an illustration. Several years ago, when one of the Soviet's cosmonauts returned from a few orbits around the earth, he told us that he had looked out of the porthole and did not see God. Corresponding to this a little girl received a set of new roller skates. She was so excited that she asked her mommy to help her put them on immediately. She happily took off on her maiden roll. Before she traversed the length of her own height, the skates traveled faster than her center of gravity and she sat down abruptly. Her bumped bottom received a bruise. In case you don't know what a visible bruise is, it is blood that escapes from its blood vessels and spreads out and shows under the skin. For the sake of this illustration we will pretend that the blood cells are intelligent and communicative. One got back into the blood stream. It informed those who would listen, "We have all heard of people. When I was out of our normal environment and in the open I looked about and did not see any people. They do not exist!" What does God say? Everything that is created is in Me and held together by Me!(Colossians 1:17, Jeremiah 23:23-24) Consequently no matter how far one travels on earth or from earth, while he is in time and space, he "is in Him".

Everyday Hunter
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
AMEN

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

And those but what spew and stir up, this kinda venomous thread, just for that purpose, and delight in it.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That sounds like the time worn Pantheistic argument that "God had to make the universe out of Himself since He was all that existed".

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That sounds like the time worn Pantheistic argument that "God had to make the universe out of Himself since He was all that existed".

Your sentence is self contradicting. Pantheistic implies more than one. The God of the Bible is The Infinite One. Nothing can exist outside of infinite. Not knowledge, not energy, not space, not anything.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You should learn more about Pantheism if you are going to argue against it.

And I ain't in the mood to teach you.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I now take solace in the fact he once told me I'm going to hell... on his record of reading stuff right...

I'm a shoo in to heaven for sure...

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
The only baptism that is real is the baptism(immersion) of the Holy Spirit, which can't be defined in that worldly term or a contained in a worldly gesture. . .

You will see in Acts 10 after the Holy Spirit fell on a group of Gentiles that Apostle Peter ordered them to be baptized in water. This was in response an angel telling someone Apostle Peter would tell them ALL the Words of eternal life.

Rightly stated Ring . . . let me add a bit on the conversion of Cornelius.

Acts 10:1-2 tells us that: There was a certain man in C�sarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band,
2 A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.

Cornelius was considered a devout man, but he was lost, because the angel appeared unto him and told him to send for Peter who would tell him words that would lead to his salvation (Acts 11:13-14)

So like you say Ring, when Peter commanded them to be baptized in water (Acts 10:47-48), those were part of the words (gospel) whereby Cornelius and his household were to be saved.

When the Holy Spirit fell on Cornelius and his household (Gentiles) it had nothing to do with the remission of their sins, it was a sign to Peter and the other Jews who accompanied him that God accepts Gentiles. (Acts 11:17) Peter makes it clear that he had to think back all the way to the Day of Pentecost in Acts 2 to remember a time when the Spirit fell on a group of people (manifested by miraculous gifts) directly from heaven, and not through the laying on of the Apostles hands, which was the only way Spiritual gifts were imparted in the first century (Acts 8:15-18)

Also, it is the hearing and obedience to the gospel that is the power of God unto salvation (Rom 1:16 - For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.) But Cornelius and his household had not yet heard the gospel when the Holy Spirit fell on them, for the Scripture says that Peter had only began to speak when the Spirit manifested itself (Acts 11:15)

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
[quote=Bull_Elk]All I know is that as a human, I'm a sinner. I pray a lot for forgiveness and some day that the grace of God bestowed upon me at my baptism will allow to enter the eternal kingdom. [/quote

Bull_elk I know what you mean as I'm a subscriber of Back Sliders Wine as well,and though

in the book of life I am not proud of the way I live . Guess it's time to try harder.

Bob

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ringman
MacLorry,

All that's required is the ability to humble one's self before God and believe the foolishness of the message preached.

I have read this thread from the beginning and your sentence above has more to say than the vast majority of those who have posted. One must humble himself to come to the Lord. But how hard it is for us humans to think we don't have the answers.

I'm sure you'll recognize that what I wrote comes from 1 Corinthians 1:18-31. Perhaps every Christian can cite some scripture that sealed their faith and 1 Corinthians 1:18-31 is that for me. Not that it stands alone, but that it explained what I needed explained.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Your comment seems illogical to me. American Indians, Eskimos, & many aboriginal people existed well before the birth of Christ. So thousands of years ago people with no knowledge of Christianity should have transported them selves where?

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by tbear
American Indians, Eskimos, & many aboriginal people existed well before the birth of Christ. So thousands of years ago people with no knowledge of Christianity should have transported them selves where?

Odd that this came up. I asked a christian freind of mine that some years ago. He assured me that they all burnt in hell because they did not know Christ. Seemed happy with the answer too....

Same goes for those in foreign lands who have never been exposed to Christianity through no fault of their own...they are all going to hell too...

Uhhhhhhhhhhh......

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Where did people go before there was Christ or Hell?

Page 15 of 36 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

190 members (257 mag, 338reddog, 1OntarioJim, 3333vl, 35, 17 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,036 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,780
Posts18,536,045
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.