Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 36 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 35 36
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Ringman
I have to say people on this thread are knowledgeable about their chosen cult and its central work of fiction.

A few years ago Dr.Kindell debated a guy who stated unequivocally that Pilot never lived. And Jesus was never judged by him like the Bible talks about the flat pavement. The very next year archiologists discovered the pavement and a balcony with Pontious Pilot's name engraved in the edge.

So please tell us what parts are fiction that you know of. Any of them will work for this conversation.

How about the part where you claim that Hitler was doing God's work crushing the Jews? Fact or fiction?

Last edited by carbon12; 02/13/13. Reason: uuuurp
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm supposed to fear Satan

Where did you learn that?

Jesus's story is simple, inspirational, thought provoking and speaks to an inner spirit.

Jesus makes some claims that would get someone institutionalized today. He said, "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My Words will not." He said, "I am going to be killed and three days later I am going to come back to life." He said, referring to the God they believed in "If you have seen Me you have seen the Father."

If He was not Lord He was a lunatic. By the way the most documented fact of history prior to the printing press is the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you require an immoral God to teach you morals then you really do reveal a lot about your character.

God has established Absolute Morality. Your judging of an Infinite Owner of all things is laughable.

Everyday Hunter
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I'm supposed to fear Satan

Where did you learn that?

Jesus's story is simple, inspirational, thought provoking and speaks to an inner spirit.

Jesus makes some claims that would get someone institutionalized today. He said, "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My Words will not." He said, "I am going to be killed and three days later I am going to come back to life." He said, referring to the God they believed in "If you have seen Me you have seen the Father."

If He was not Lord He was a lunatic. By the way the most documented fact of history prior to the printing press is the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus.

Since you claim that Hitler was doing God's work crushing the Jews, it follows that the US military was actually fighting against God when they fought the Germans in WWII. Curious that with Hitler on the side of God, how in God's name was Hitler defeated?

Last edited by carbon12; 02/13/13. Reason: uuuurp
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
If you require an immoral God to teach you morals then you really do reveal a lot about your character.

God has established Absolute Morality. Your judging of an Infinite Owner of all things is laughable.

Since you claim that Hitler was doing God's work crushing the Jews, and God is the Absolute Morality, the Americans fighting Hitler's Germans were actually immoral in your eyes. Yea or nay?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nobody has been given the chronological path of creation,...and the Messiah plainly said that God's time isn't our time,..his ways aren't our ways.

The Highest Authority is God's Word. God wrote with His own finger on stone, "For in six days God created heaven and earth and the sea and all that is in them."

Jesus says, "From the beginning of creation God made them male and female."

If one does a time line we can discover according to God's Word creation week was about 6,000 years ago.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ou can take you PhD, appeal to authority fallacious BS and stick it up yer azz. Seriously, I'm sick of you types claiming that morality can't exist outside of your genocidal bronze age sky fairy. It is offensive to me and the rest of the people in the world who don't believe or believe differently. There were more than a few empires come and gone before anybody got around to inventing your particular god.

You're an embarrassment to most of the Christians on this forum and to humanity in general. You're the guy who thinks the speed of light slows down just enough to keep anything from being more than 6000 light years away so as not to contradict your YEC crap and yet are pretentious enough to lecture people on science.

Did I touch a nerve?

Now where have I suggested the speed of light slows down to accommodate the historical age of creation.

Everyday Hunter
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Nobody has been given the chronological path of creation,...and the Messiah plainly said that God's time isn't our time,..his ways aren't our ways.

The Highest Authority is God's Word. God wrote with His own finger on stone, "For in six days God created heaven and earth and the sea and all that is in them."

Jesus says, "From the beginning of creation God made them male and female."

If one does a time line we can discover according to God's Word creation week was about 6,000 years ago.

You claim that (just about the time of your birth) 70 years ago, God (through Hitler) did state sponsored murder of approximately 6 million people and that it was Absolutely Moral. Do you think that such a claim enhances your credibility as a Christian apologist?

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

Quite right, Ringman. Jesus said some outrageous things, and here are a few others:

1. He talked like he was God.

2. He said that no one can approach God the father except through him.

3. He said that he is coming back to judge the world at the end of time.

4. He also said that he has the power to forgive sins, implying that he is the person most grievously wronged by sin. For example, lets say that John killed Bob. Jesus is implying that he is more grievously wronged by John's action than Bob is!

Jesus was either a liar, a lunatic, or he was exactly who he claimed to be. He most certainly was not merely a good person, or a good moral teacher.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
ou can take you PhD, appeal to authority fallacious BS and stick it up yer azz. Seriously, I'm sick of you types claiming that morality can't exist outside of your genocidal bronze age sky fairy. It is offensive to me and the rest of the people in the world who don't believe or believe differently. There were more than a few empires come and gone before anybody got around to inventing your particular god.

You're an embarrassment to most of the Christians on this forum and to humanity in general. You're the guy who thinks the speed of light slows down just enough to keep anything from being more than 6000 light years away so as not to contradict your YEC crap and yet are pretentious enough to lecture people on science.

Did I touch a nerve?

Now where have I suggested the speed of light slows down to accommodate the historical age of creation.

Just tired of hearing how the only morality comes from your barbaric book of campfire tales.

Quite some time back I asked you if the world was 6000 years old, how is it that there are objects we can see that are further than 6000 light years away. You responded with some crackpot idea about the speed of light no doubt from one of your revered Phd's.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Speaking of time, I find it interesting that the Messiah spoke of time in a nonstatic fashion long before Einstein had a chance to lay out his thoughts of relativity on the subject.

While the inmates were out in the jail's exercise yard one day, an LEO friend of mine scribbled "E=MC�" on a wall of the big holding cell. Then he and the other cops enjoyed listening to the puzzled inmates' discussions about what it meant, where it came from, etc.

The next day, he had one of the lady cops write in very feminine handwriting "Correct, Albert. Next time, show your work."

laugh

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
BTT

Ringman,

Don't be shy. You got some explaining to do.

Originally Posted by carbon12

Read the end of Deuteronomy. You will see that God promised if the Jews turned from Him he would crush them. He happened to use Hitler in the twentieth century.

Hitler was doing God's work? Why is Hitler vilified by most Christians now? Something ain't right.

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BTT

Ringman,

Don't be shy. You got some explaining to do.

Read the end of Deuteronomy. You will see that God promised if the Jews turned from Him he would crush them. He happened to use Hitler in the twentieth century.

Hitler was doing God's work? Why is Hitler vilified by most Christians now? Something ain't right.

Regarding God using evil to bring about judgement, or His will, the O.T. book Habakkuk is short,three chapters, and answers questions regarding such.
Getting it right from the horse's mouth so to speak isn't a bad way to go.
Don't know Hitler's place or purpose nor have a desire to speculate on such.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This isn't a discussion, this isn't even an argument, its a turkey shoot. There are christians on here trying to explain their beliefs to people who have absolutely no intent on listening or thoughtful consideration just insulting and trying to destroy what they believe. "Don't toss your pearls to pigs", was wise advice and I would suggest those that call themselves christians start to follow it. This thread is less than productive and pretty unhealthy.

God Bless,

MM

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
This thread is a true view of the bigotry and superstition in religion... it's the same thing a minister has to balance in his own congregation from the different elders, deacons and pew sitters...

Kent

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ken;
My Mother was born into a farming family in west central Oklahoma back in the 20s. Her mother was half Cherokee and her father was a Rock Ribbed Baptist dry land farmer.
Mom was a most practical lady who would keep her opinion to herself mostly. One of the ones that impressed me the most was 'Of all the people she knew that told her they were going to heaven convinced her that hell may be more appealing since there's a better class of folks there.'
At the age of 65 I can see the wisdom of that opinion.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
People talk about God to learn about other people, not to learn about God.

Those on this thread who make fun of the bible are actually just making fun of the people who believe it is the inspired word of God.

Many of those defending the bible are actually just attacking the "mockers".

People are fun to watch.

Ask God, if you don't believe ME. grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
You are not going to convince a Hindu, Muslim, Buddist, or anyone else from another dogma. To follow strangers to a place where everyone they know here, won't be.

Jesus came for everyone and I think bringing the Holy Spirit into the main stream consciousness was a huge gamechanger... but hasn't been utilized enough by religion in breaking bigotry.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most "christians" are not bigoted............ unless there are a bunch of other "christians" watching them.

You can substitute most any "minority" for "christian" and still have a true statement.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by curdog4570
People talk about God to learn about other people, not to learn about God.

Those on this thread who make fun of the bible are actually just making fun of the people who believe it is the inspired word of God.

Many of those defending the bible are actually just attacking the "mockers".

People are fun to watch.

Ask God, if you don't believe ME. grin

Right on Mr. Curdog.

Page 25 of 36 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

471 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 2ndwind, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 47 invisible), 1,721 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,035
Posts18,520,982
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.