Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 32 of 36 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by moosemike
What you're not understanding is the three work together as one and can often be used interchangably. You're picking at nits.

No, I understand what you're trying to say. It just doesn't hold up to Scripture is all. Here is more...

Who Gives Eternal Life?

The Son: "And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand." (John 10:28).

"Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.'" (John 11:25).

God the Father: "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23).

"For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself..." (John 5:26).

The Spirit: "For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life." (Galatians 6:8).

"For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death." (Romans 8:2).

The living God: "Now see that I, even I, am He, And there is no God besides Me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; Nor is there any who can deliver from My hand." (Deuteronomy 32:39) - namely, "But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life." (Jude 1:20-21).

"'Then you shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O My people, and brought you up from your graves. I will put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I, the LORD, have spoken it and performed it,' says the LORD." (Ezekiel 37:13-14).

Like I said, I can keep going.... The Bible is overwhelmingly clear... It's one person.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Who was Jesus praying to when he asked if this cup could be removed from him? Who was he referring to when he said " not my will Father but thine"? His will and the Fathers weren't lining up at that moment (until he came around to God's way of thinking) so how could he be the exact same person as God the Father? Is God schizophrenic?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
This thread makes me think that I'm listening to Hottentots diagnosing the gastro-intestinal problems of unicorns or mermaids.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who was Jesus praying to when he asked if this cup could be removed from him? Who was he referring to when he said " not my will Father but thine"? His will and the Fathers weren't lining up at that moment (until he came around to God's way of thinking) so how could he be the exact same person as God the Father? Is God schizophrenic?

Again I ask?

Again I reply...

Originally Posted by MacLorry

That's the Calvinist position and it's based on the idea that God is sovereign, so there can be no free will, because if there were, God wouldn't be sovereign.

The problem with that logic is that if God is sovereign then He can choose to make man in His Own image, and being God has free will, so must his children or they wouldn't be made in His Own image. The Calvinist is thus reduced to telling God He can't do that, which violates his own logic.

Being sovereign God can choose to not know something and not control something (there are biblical examples). Who is man to tell God He can't do that?

Very well said.

Originally Posted by Hugajackass
Take this concept and apply it to your questions about three separate beings....

You're telling God that He can't be One. Applying the limitations of man to God, when Scripture is full of proof that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are one being, one person, one God...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I've answered it twice, not going to bother doing it again. Obviously, in spite of overwhelming evidence, you've made up your mind. You're not even looking at, nor considering the Scriptures that I've brought into this conversation...

Turdlike, by default.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
This thread makes me think that I'm listening to Hottentots diagnosing the gastro-intestinal problems of unicorns or mermaids.

You're so wrong! Mermaids don't have gastro-intestinal problems. They fart love... grin

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You haven't answered it even once. You've artfully dodged it. You a politician? If not you missed a heck of a chance at it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It weren't this way until the "christians" took over the conversation.grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You haven't answered it even once. You've artfully dodged it. You a politician? If not you missed a heck of a chance at it.

You can't have it both ways. If that's a dodge, then your comment on predestination was a dodge...

At least we both agree on that topic! grin

Meanwhile, you've not once addressed any of the myriads of Scripture I've put up there.....and I can keep going.... there are a ton more cases where it's clear, "Hear O' Israel, the LORD, your God, is One."

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

You're so wrong! Mermaids don't have gastro-intestinal problems. They fart love... grin

DeFlave AND Mermaids fart love...?

Man, Theology is confusing... frown

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pastoral Supply

Who supplies pastors to the church? The living God, of course: "And I will give you shepherds according to My heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding." (Jeremiah 3:15).

"And you shall say to them, 'Thus says the LORD: "If you will not listen to Me, to walk in My law which I have set before you, to heed the words of My servants the prophets whom I sent to you, both rising up early and sending them (but you have not heeded), then I will make this house like Shiloh, and will make this city a curse to all the nations of the earth."'" (Jeremiah 26:4-6).

That is, the Father: "So He said to them, 'You will indeed drink My cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with; but to sit on My right hand and on My left is not Mine to give, but it is for those for whom it is prepared by My Father.'" (Matthew 20:23).

The ascended One, the Christ: "And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ..." (Ephesians 4:11-12).

"These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: 'Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.'" (Matthew 10:5).

"This He spoke, signifying by what death he would glorify God. And when He had spoken this, He said to him, 'Follow Me.'" (John 21:19).

"And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry..." (1 Timothy 1:12).

The Holy Spirit: "Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood." (Acts 20:28).

"As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, 'Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.'" (Acts 13:2).

In summary: the One God who is Father, Son and Holy Spirit!

Who Draws Believers?

The Father: "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day." (John 6:44).

"And He said, 'Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father.'" (John 6:65).

The Son: "And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself." (John 12:32).

The Holy Spirit, who convicts us of sin: "And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment..." (John 16:8).

Who Regenerates Believers?

Whose special work is the act of regeneration, the 'second birth?' God the Father:

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. . ." (1 Peter 1:3).

Christ (He who will appear "at his coming"):

"And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming. If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him." (1 John 2:28-29).

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever." (1 Peter 1:23).

Or the Spirit:

"But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life." (Titus 3:4-7).

"Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit." (John 3:5-8).

That is to say, we are born again of God:

"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." (John 1:12-13).

The Comforter

Who is the believer's comforter? Who stands besides and pleads for us? That's easy, the Holy Spirit:

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." (John 14:16-18).

But as "another" already implies, Jesus, speaking in John 14:16, is Himself a comforter:

"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:. . ." (1 John 2:1).

The Rabbis who wrote the Talmud knew that the Messiah was a Comforter: "Others say: His name is Menahem the son of Hezekiah, for it is written, 'Because Menahem ['the comforter'], that would relieve my soul, is far.' [Lam. I, 16.]" (Babylonian Talmud, Tractate Sanhedrin, 98b).

Or, it may be, the Father:

"Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God." (2 Corinthians 1:3-4).

Tempting in the Wilderness

God the Father blames the the Israel of Isaiah's day as rebellious children: "Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth: for the LORD hath spoken, I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me." (Isaiah 1:2).

To get down to cases, whom did Israel tempt in the wilderness? The living God:

"Wherefore the people did chide with Moses, and said, Give us water that we may drink. And Moses said unto them, Why chide ye with me? wherefore do ye tempt the LORD? And the people thirsted there for water; and the people murmured against Moses, and said, Wherefore is this that thou hast brought us up out of Egypt, to kill us and our children and our cattle with thirst? . .And he called the name of the place Massah, and Meribah, because of the chiding of the children of Israel, and because they tempted the LORD, saying, Is the LORD among us, or not?" (Exodus 17:1-7).

Moses, looking back on these various rebellions, sees the injured party as Israel's "father:" "They have corrupted themselves, their spot is not the spot of his children: they are a perverse and crooked generation. Do ye thus requite the LORD, O foolish people and unwise? is not he thy father that hath bought thee? hath he not made thee, and established thee?" (Deuteronomy 32:5-6). Moses delivered a harsh verdict: "Ye have been rebellious against the LORD from the day that I knew you." (Deuteronomy 9:24).

In one specific incident, God sent fiery serpents against Israel when they rebelled:

"And the people spake against God, and against Moses, Wherefore have ye brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? for there is no bread, neither is there any water; and our soul loatheth this light bread. And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died. Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the LORD, and against thee; pray unto the LORD, that he take away the serpents from us. And Moses prayed for the people." (Numbers 21:5-7).

As remembered in the Psalms, they tempted God:

"They soon forgat his works; they waited not for his counsel: But lusted exceedingly in the wilderness, and tempted God in the desert." (Psalm 106:13-14).

"And they sinned yet more against him by provoking the most High in the wilderness. And they tempted God in their heart by asking meat for their lust. Yea, they spake against God; they said, Can God furnish a table in the wilderness?. . . How oft did they provoke him in the wilderness, and grieve him in the desert! Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel." (Psalm 78:18-41).

Those destroyed by serpents in the wilderness had tempted Christ, says Paul:

"Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents." (1 Corinthians 10:9).

Psalm 95 retells the story of the wilderness failures:

"For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness: When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work." (Psalm 95:7-9)

Who is the speaker who says "To day if you will hear his voice?" The Holy Spirit:

"Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness: When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.)" (Hebrews 3:7-9).

Another scripture that recalls the Holy Spirit as the victimized party is Isaiah 63:10, "But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them."

Who did Israel tempt in the wilderness? The one God who is Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

and on.....and on.....and on....

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

DeFlave AND Mermaids fart love...?

Man, Theology is confusing... frown

They fart different kinds of love you see... grin

Turdlike, by default.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Man defining God just confuses man and makes him bigoted toward other man.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." - Mark 13:32

Doesn't this verse mean that they are indeed 3 separate individuals.?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." - Mark 13:32

Yes. but HAJA is one of those individuals who is determined to have the last word so I quit arguing with him even though I could. Otherwise that would be all I would get done today and the thread would grow by 27 pages today. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Nope. The cool thing about Jesus is that He was fully God and fully man at the same time. Restricting Himself to being a man He had limitations.

Originally Posted by Colossians 1:9-18
Preeminence of Christ

9 For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 10 that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11 strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; 12 giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. 13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, 14 in whom we have redemption through His blood,[c] the forgiveness of sins.

15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. 18 And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.

and again...

"For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form." - Colossians 2:9

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So while he was man nobody was God since you say he "had restrictions". We all know God doesn't have restrictions as to what he can know.

Some peoples learning curves look just like circles. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And stupidity ain't just skin deep for some.

Didn't you own up to being a preacher on another thread awhile back?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm still betting they're 3 individuals, even though Mermaids do Fart love and Unicorn eat a steady diet of Bacon...

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26 (KJV)

IMO, This verse shows 3 separate individuals.

You have the "Comforter"(Holy Ghost,..not Space Ghost), the "Father"(God), and "my name"(Jesus).

If they were all the same person, the verse would read something like,...Jesus: "Guys, wait here, I'm going out to the phone booth to change into the Holy Spirit, then we can hang out and I'll give you guys guidance for the rest of your life."

Jesus has to go away before the Holy Spirit is sent. Acts 1:4 clearly tells the disciples to wait for the HS to show up. It it were all the same "individual" they wouldn't have to wait.....

"So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God." - Mark 16:19

Christ is sitting at the right hand of God,..they're not sharing the same chair. Unless it's a Gigantic Holy Bean Bag chair, then all bets are off.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Holy Trinity is three separate entities that work together in unity as one.

Kinda like I am a husband, a dad and an employee. Only Sue knows me as a husband. My kids know me in a different way. The boss knows me as though I am merely a worker. I guess that's three different people.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Page 32 of 36 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

459 members (3040Krag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 2ndwind, 1badf350, 48 invisible), 1,778 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,037
Posts18,521,005
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.