Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by eyeball
Since when is it harm to reduce the rate of progression to insolvency? When it hurts you? Due to Medicare cuts of 75 % I am reduced to working only half the week. I get $12 now to treat an old lady going blind with corneal graft rejection,and that will be weekly, for the foreseeable future.

That began Jan 1.

I am not unsympathetic to your individual circumstances. However, Medicare and Social Security will NOT survive the "babyboomer" in there present forms.

Our nation has lost generations--over 50 million of it's citizen due to abortion. That number increase exponentially when you consider the children who would be born to them. All of these citizens are potential tax payers. (And I say potential loosely).

That means added cost to those of us who survived "choice." I would go so far as arguing that medical proceedures would not be as expensive IF the deep pockets of Government were involved.

Last edited by GeorgiaBoy; 03/01/13.
GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Almost all of them would be on the public dole and drawing food stamps and welfare. Remember in the Bible when God said to His people to kill them ALL, even their animals were an abomination?

Last edited by eyeball; 03/02/13.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by eyeball
Almost all of them would be on the public dole and drawing food stamps and welfare. Remember in the Bible when God said to kill them ALL, even their animals were an abomination?

The best answer to a fool--is silence.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
RTC http://www.rtc.army.mil/index.html has all their gov't employees effected.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Thunderball,

I want to be carefull here. But I work for State Government, and I can tell you, there is no incentive to save money. If an agency saves money, that agency looses funding for the next year. I'm sure the Federal/Military budgets are the same.

It is, in my opinion, not if Military budgets can be cut, they can. The question is how they will be cut.

Under the current politically correct model of military readiness, my only fear is that the military budget will be cut in places to make "political statements" not what is best for the military and the American people.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It's all political, folks voted, they got what they deserve. Next week for me is Djibouti. I am one of those lazy azz Government employees. When I get back, unless something changes a 40% cut in pay for the family. Oh well..

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by smithrjd
It's all political, folks voted, they got what they deserve. Next week for me is Djibouti. I am one of those lazy azz Government employees. When I get back, unless something changes a 40% cut in pay for the family. Oh well..
If so, it's retaliation in an effort to cause pain, designed to have us all calling our congressmen demanding that the government continue to be given a blank check. What's happening to you has nothing actually to do with the sequester since, as has been said over and over, it's not even a cut in spending. It's merely a cut in the extent to which they planned this year to increase spending. So it's a spending increase, not a decrease. If they could afford to pay you X amount last year, they can afford to pay you even more this year. It's strictly an extortion attempt. Not that I wouldn't be overjoyed if they closed down whole departments and laid off tens of thousands of government employees, because that's just the sort of thing they need to do, but won't.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by smithrjd
It's all political, folks voted, they got what they deserve. Next week for me is Djibouti. I am one of those lazy azz Government employees. When I get back, unless something changes a 40% cut in pay for the family. Oh well.
Not that I wouldn't be overjoyed if they closed down whole departments and laid off tens of thousands of government employees, because that's just the sort of thing they need to do, but won't.

Tens of thousands is not even close to the number of useless jobs the gov has imo.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Well good luck to you and yours. I have survived and will continue to. I look at the budget every month with the wife. Just wish this country could have to make the choices we do. It is not rocket science, X comes in Y is owed or required, there are limits even for a government. I pray we are not going down that road but wonder. I went to Vietnam did my time, went back later and finished and retired (LOL) means get a job. Now they are taking many of those benefits away as well, increasing costs etc. We all suffer.

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 444Matt
I'm waiting for Jeff to comment on my last response. I gave Jeff a pass for voting for Obama the first time, this time around not at all.

Matt, I didn't vote for Obama this time around. confused

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I'm waiting for Jeff to comment on my last response. I gave Jeff a pass for voting for Obama the first time, this time around not at all.

Originally Posted by jorgeI

You can build a THOUSAND bridges, but suck one little tiny pole, and do they call you a Bridge Builder......

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Is there anyone here who honestly thinks Romney, as President, would have messed things up this badly even if he is a neo-con, RINO, greedy businessman?

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Ok, got caught up here.

I was accused of spewing and running. First, I did not spew. Second, I did not run. I was WORKING. Maybe a foreign concept to some of you cube dwellers who apparently can post all day while "working".

I'm surprised, frankly, that I'm getting yelled at here. Except by Jorge; he's just drunk. But for the more rational here-- this is GOOD. A percentage of each department's budget?! Hell yeah! We've been talking about this for YEARS guys! And this is nothing.

As to the pain, individual and collective, buck up troopers. We need to take our medicine, it ain't gonna be fun, it ain't gonna be pretty, and this is just the merest hint of a taste. I've been taking my medicine for several years while government employees, of which I know several, looked around during this grinding recession with a "what, me worry? Nothing's changed for me!" look on their face. Well, welcome to the party folks. Be sure to get your dose of humility at the door, and there's "I can't afford to do that!" cards you can pick up in the kitchen to give to friends when they ask if you want to go out to dinner... go skiing.... get that condo on the beach.....

Anyway I'm beat from turning cranks all day and can't have a beer cause I'm ferrying kids all evening, but nonetheless I'm still saying, Happy Sequester Day! to all y'all.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Well I'll be happy to know I'm getting my share. From life's experience, what comes around goes around. it will be others turn next.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Suck the lollipop of mediocracy once you suck forever.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ok, got caught up here.

I was accused of spewing and running. First, I did not spew. Second, I did not run. I was WORKING. Maybe a foreign concept to some of you cube dwellers who apparently can post all day while "working".

I'm surprised, frankly, that I'm getting yelled at here. Except by Jorge; he's just drunk. But for the more rational here-- this is GOOD. A percentage of each department's budget?! Hell yeah! We've been talking about this for YEARS guys! And this is nothing.

As to the pain, individual and collective, buck up troopers. We need to take our medicine, it ain't gonna be fun, it ain't gonna be pretty, and this is just the merest hint of a taste. I've been taking my medicine for several years while government employees, of which I know several, looked around during this grinding recession with a "what, me worry? Nothing's changed for me!" look on their face. Well, welcome to the party folks. Be sure to get your dose of humility at the door, and there's "I can't afford to do that!" cards you can pick up in the kitchen to give to friends when they ask if you want to go out to dinner... go skiing.... get that condo on the beach.....

Anyway I'm beat from turning cranks all day and can't have a beer cause I'm ferrying kids all evening, but nonetheless I'm still saying, Happy Sequester Day! to all y'all.

I do not always agree with Jorge as on this very thread I took him to task for lumping another poster who has very different veiws than yours in with you. Jorge is an officer and a gentleman though, whereas you are part of the problem having helped open the door which has wrought some of the worst times ever in the history of American politics. No, you may have not voted for Obama in the recent election, but you voted for him once, and that's enough. The camel's nose was under the tent. Now the camel is in the tent.

Elections indeed have consequences and one of the 2008 ones was you being forever alienated from a good portion of the Campfire. You can now call me names and scream at me all you want, but it won't change your vote which you not only cast but were proud enough of to share.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

He knows that.

S
S
I am scheduled to receive my 30 day termination notice on Monday. I work for a federal contract tower as an air traffic controller. I have worked at this facility for 14 years. There is a list of 100 towers that will close. Air traffic is my career, it is all that I know how to do... With 100 towers closing and the job market being flooded with controllers, there are no jobs for me to even apply for. Our facility ranks 132 in traffic volume yet we are somehow getting closed down. There are lots of FAA facilities with lower traffic counts than ours that will not close. There are some with hardly any traffic with double the manning we have. They basically sit around in the break rooms for most of their shifts.
I have a wife, three kids, and my elderly mother that count on me for financial support. We have not been told if we will be closing temporarily or permanently. I am 42 years old and terrified for my families future. There is no worse feeling than having your life destroyed overnight. I look at my little girl and wonder how I am going to take care of her...
I agree that we must get this countries spending under control, but I think eliminating jobs and putting people out of work is the wrong way to go about it. Everyone here knows how much unnecessary waste goes on in our gov. They could have easily found ways to cutback without eliminating jobs. Obama could have taken one less vacation and saved all of the jobs at my facility.
This is all surreal... I am scared for my family and I don't know what to do...

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Hey, "dumb" cuts beat no cuts, right?

What am I missing? Is there anything bad about this?

Your saviour engineered it you own it. Cuts now we all know you don't have a inch of common sense but 98 billion out of a 3.6 trillion budget is the equivalent of going out to lunch on fridays compared to my household budget. He hooked his constituents hook line and sinker. Now talk 2 trillion sequester and you might get my attention.

BTW Jeff I really do like you grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Your saviour engineered it you own it.

Thing is with the help of the alphabet news stations, he is trying to lay it all off on those nasty Republicans, and most of the sheeple will believe him/them.

Jeff-zero, did you vote for Romney, or were you part of the problem for two Presidential elections in a row? I think I already know the answer, but a lot here won't. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (160user, 1Longbow, 222Sako, 10ring1, 222ND, 257 mag, 71 invisible), 2,298 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,574
Posts18,531,982
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.