Home
Posted By: Jeff_O Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
Hey, "dumb" cuts beat no cuts, right?

What am I missing? Is there anything bad about this?

Posted By: atvalaska Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
the grass is browner today and the sun came up in the wrong part of the sky......why did they do this to us!!!!!
Posted By: gmsemel Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
Its about 2 cents out of every dollar the Federal Government spends of which 47 cents is borrowed, and there has been no budget passed and signed into law for four years now. Call me when they cut federal spending 50% and can 75% of the federal regulations they force us to comply with. Till then its just Bull Crap.
Posted By: poboy Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
According to Democrats alot of people are going to die.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
Originally Posted by poboy

maybe the prez will do his "fair share".....
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
Nobody will be laughing when we lose 170 million jobs!(out of roughly 130 million) http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=u8-d95SO_3g
Posted By: blairvt Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
I'm set to loose 20% of my pay come April. Suits me fine though if it gets them to fix this crap
Posted By: deflave Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

Jeffrey! You are missing a lot! Not just in regards to the sequester.

Thanks again for voting for the black guy! He's doing a bang up job!

Travis
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
Hey, March 1st is always a happy day for me... I mean, it's March! Spring is comin'!

If it's also the day when our inept, deer-in-the-headlights politicians and dysfunctional political system contrive to actually CUT SPENDING, then I'm all-in on this new holiday.

Happy Sequester Day to all.

Posted By: eyeball Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13

[quote=Jeff_O

[/quote] No. Zero said this act by the republicans will ruin the great economic recovery he had massacr...uh, masterminded.
Posted By: add Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
Perhaps a fiscal quarter sequester should be a permanent mandate.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
That woman is pathetic.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
It's obummers idear.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
i'm loving that it's biting him in the ass. but he will use it to blame the recession and lack of recovery on conservatives.

i'm all for them running out of MY money and having to stop doing damage.
Posted By: AlaskaCub Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
Originally Posted by blairvt
I'm set to loose 20% of my pay come April. Suits me fine though if it gets them to fix this crap

You and me both! The sad part is ain't gonna fix chit! I'm just helping pay for some ghetto dwellers free cell phone and debit card!
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
Piers even suggested the prez had boned the pooch on this one. sick
Posted By: ironbender Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
Barry's been busy with the important things.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...rop-8-gay-marriage-case/?test=latestnews

In a historic argument for gay rights, President Barack Obama on Thursday urged the Supreme Court to overturn California's same-sex marriage ban and turn a skeptical eye on similar prohibitions across the country.

The Obama administration's friend-of-the-court brief marked the first time a U.S. president has urged the high court to expand the right of gays and lesbians to wed. The filing unequivocally calls on the justices to strike down California's Proposition 8 ballot measure, although it stops short of the soaring rhetoric on marriage equality Obama expressed in his inaugural address in January.
Originally Posted by Klikitarik

Even a Brit figured it out? That says a lot.

Travis
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
Hey, March 1st is always a happy day for me... I mean, it's March! Spring is comin'!

If it's also the day when our inept, deer-in-the-headlights politicians and dysfunctional political system contrive to actually CUT SPENDING, then I'm all-in on this new holiday.

Happy Sequester Day to all.

Nothing at all about YOUR excuse for president.
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

Yeah! You would think that Jeff Zero would have no trouble at all in putting this puzzle together. But I guess Piers is lots smarter than he is.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
Originally Posted by poboy
I will vote it's them. Only time I'll vote dumbocraps.
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

Travis

Yeah! You would think that Jeff Zero would have no trouble at all in putting this puzzle together. But I guess Piers is lots smarter than he is.

Hey! No being mean on Happy Sequester Day! grin
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
Both sides are slaves to the extremists. The extreme right won�t consider anything the cuts military spending, and doesn�t cut social funding. The extreme left won�t consider anything that cuts social spending, and doesn�t cut military spending. The REAL world sees that you need to have cuts in both. So some bone head creates this sequester law which really looks good on paper to someone who doesn�t know the first thing about economics, and now we�re stuck with it. Thank you so much to the two parties that are FedEx-ing this nation straight to hell.
Posted By: NeBassman Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Thank you so much to the two parties that are FedEx-ing this nation straight to hell.

Would that be Next Day Air or Fed-Ex ground?

laugh

Both sides are slaves to the extremists. The extreme right won�t consider anything the cuts military spending, and doesn�t cut social funding. The extreme left won�t consider anything that cuts social spending, and doesn�t cut military spending. The REAL world sees that you need to have cuts in both. So some bone head creates this sequester law which really looks good on paper to someone who doesn�t know the first thing about economics, and now we�re stuck with it. Thank you so much to the two parties that are FedEx-ing this nation straight to hell.

Did you turn one of your wheel guns into a bong?

This is all smoke and mirrors so the President can have his way. Nothing more, nothing less.

"Meet in the middle?" I got a better idea. The Dems can SMD.

Travis

The sequester is a drop in the swimming pool in relation to our deficit. If we can't survive this, then any hope of doing what's actually necessary to prevent a collapse of our currency/economy/nation is a pipe dream.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13

Please tell me that you don't believe most of the Republicans currently in Congress belong to "the extreme right".

Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

The sequester is a drop in the swimming pool in relation to our deficit. If we can't survive this, then any hope of doing what's actually necessary to prevent a collapse of our currency/economy/nation is a pipe dream.

The problem is, when you make blind cuts you can actually do harm to an economy that�s just barely hanging on. There are some smart places to make cuts and there are some dumb places. This actually gets cuts in both. The question is how will we do with cuts in dumb places when our economy is limping along�I honestly don�t know, but we are playing with fire.
Both sides are slaves to the extremists. The extreme right won�t consider anything the cuts military spending, and doesn�t cut social funding. The extreme left won�t consider anything that cuts social spending, and doesn�t cut military spending.
You're mischaracterizing the left/right political spectrum. To the right of center are increasing degrees of advocacy for small and decentralized government, the furthest extreme being anarchy. To the left of center are increasing degrees of advocacy for big and centralized government, the furthest extreme being the totalitarian state, where all individual people constitute mere sub-units of the state. Authentic (i.e., "small government") conservatives and libertarians are to be found to the right of center, while neocons and "liberals" (in the modern sense of that word, who are more accurately termed authoritarians) are to be found to the left of center.

The left/right political spectrum, correctly formulated, conveys an invaluable idea, so I'd prefer that it not be corrupted by the sort of misuse that has become so common lately.
Did you turn one of your wheel guns into a bong?
You can do that?

This is all smoke and mirrors so the President can have his way. Nothing more, nothing less.
Neither side is negotiating in good faith; they�re both just too entrenched in their positions.

"Meet in the middle?" I got a better idea. The Dems can SMD.
That�s the attitude of both sides, which is why we�re getting nowhere.
Originally Posted by NeBassman

laugh

With the US Government; whichever is more expensive.
Originally Posted by eh76
It's obummers idear.
that's not what the POS said. (First he said it was his idea- months ago, now when it comes down to the nut cutting he has a different story).

As Rush said today after zeros BS speech - his lying has become pathological.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
Both sides are slaves to the extremists. The extreme right won�t consider anything the cuts military spending,

FALSE, 100% COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY FALSE.
You can do that?

Sure.

Neither side is negotiating in good faith; they�re both just too entrenched in their positions.

One side is right. The other is wrong. I don't buy into all the left's bullschit.

Travis
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13

The problem is, when you make blind cuts you can actually do harm to an economy that�s just barely hanging on. There are some smart places to make cuts and there are some dumb places. This actually gets cuts in both. The question is how will we do with cuts in dumb places when our economy is limping along�I honestly don�t know, but we are playing with fire.

We start by stopping all foreign aid. And funding to stupid schitt like a 500,000 dollar grant for pet shampoo.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Both sides are slaves to the extremists. The extreme right won�t consider anything the cuts military spending,

Some folks will believe anything.

Travis
Travis. Obama was right the whole world is now screwed up because of this sequester

Just today. I saw a flock of geese in a field and one of them had a sign around his neck that said "which ways north". And I can't even hunt them because I'm afraid my three shot evil benelli shotgun is now an assault weapon in NY. whistle
Posted By: BOWHUNR Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
[Linked Image]

Mike
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Travis. Obama was right the whole world is now screwed up because of this sequester

Just today. I saw a flock of geese in a field and one of them had a sign around his neck that said "which ways north". And I can't even hunt them because I'm afraid my three shot evil benelli shotgun is now an assault weapon in NY. whistle

Anybody that shoots a Benelli is a wise man.

GFY,
Travis

Agreed. The political right (correctly understood) is for corralling the Federal Government back to its Constitutional proportions, both in terms of foreign military adventure and internal expenditure.
Kevin, as you just said, "the problem is when you make BLIND cuts..." just who in hell do you think is making those cuts. You really can't be that dumb.

What's worse is that Zero isn't making blind cuts- it's making cuts designed to hurt the most people and the country a much as it (he) can, in order to piss off people at the republicans. I'm betting IT doesn't cut giveaways to Columbia and Brazil (Soros) and to Mexico to help them produce more oil. I bet he doesn't cut dollars and jets to his muzzy buds in Egypt.

Keep kissing its azz in the middle of the road if you insist.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
According to the Debt Clock (Clock link) the sequester to spending ratio is about 2.4%. Upper left corner on the clock. Not much of a dent toward a balanced budget.

Agreed. The political right isolationist dreamers/leftists associated with the likes of Code Pink(correctly understood) is for corralling the Federal Government back to its Constitutional proportions, both in terms of foreign military adventure and internal expenditure.

And letting our military wither away and coupled with their heads buried in the sand, force us into World Wars because by then it's the only solution. Here's a hint: You and the leftist that among other things voted for obama agrees with you.
Wow, jorge, and here I was getting your back. grin
Wow, jorge, and he I was getting your back. grin

That kind of "back" is again more akin to the OP and....Brokeback Mountain. pass.... smile
I'm very happy with both my SBEII and my extrema2

That kind of "back" is again more akin to the OP and....Brokeback Mountain. pass.... smile
You've got a one track mind, my friend. grin
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR
[Linked Image]

Mike

I like that idea!
Jorge, in your heart, you know I'm right. grin
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
http://redflagnews.com/headlines/re...s-much-as-341-furloughed-federal-workers
The problem is, when you make blind cuts you can actually do harm to an economy that�s just barely hanging on. There are some smart places to make cuts and there are some dumb places. This actually gets cuts in both.
There are no places in our Federal budget where cutting spending would not improve our economy. Unfortunately, the sequester doesn't even cut spending. It merely cuts back the degree to which they had planned to increase spending.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
Originally Posted by blairvt

"Loose" it in my direction. Or, lose it.
The problem is, when you make blind cuts you can actually do harm to an economy that�s just barely hanging on. There are some smart places to make cuts and there are some dumb places. This actually gets cuts in both.
There are no places in our Federal budget where cutting spending would not improve our economy. Unfortunately, the sequester doesn't even cut spending. It merely cuts back the degree to which they had planned to increase spending.

I must agree with TRH.

Somebody throw me a Star Trek costume...

Travis
Posted By: MagMarc Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
Originally Posted by NeBassman

laugh

With the US Government; whichever is more expensive.

The govt will pay air cost for ground service sick

I must agree with TRH.
You're following the correct path. Remain on it and you will eventually arrive at the state of total zen wisdom.
You're following the correct path. Remain on it and you will eventually arrive at the state of total zen wisdom.

GFY

Travis

You've got a one track mind, my friend. grin

Yep, sworn to defend the Constitution of The United States, against ALL enemies, foreign and domestic. Ponder that one for a while...
Yep, sworn to defend the Constitution of The United States, against ALL enemies, foreign and domestic. Ponder that one for a while...
National defense is a high priority for conservatives, but we consider foreign adventure, world policing, empire expansion/maintenance, etc., to be hostile to both the causes of national defense and that of preserving liberty at home. This is the case because they are incompatible with limited and decentralized government. They therefore inevitably lead to tyranny and economic collapse in the mother country in the pattern of the Roman Empire, followed by domination from without.

GFY

Travis

Are going to have to start calling you. The_Real_Deflave now?
At this rate, he and I are going to become close buds. grin
[quote=gitem_12]Are going to have to start calling you. The_Real_Deflave now?
At this rate, he and I are going to become close buds.

Thought you said you didn't like sheep. Or are you just going to compare "shower guns"?
National defense is a high priority for conservatives, but we consider foreign adventure, world policing, empire expansion/maintenance, etc., to be hostile to both the causes of national defense and that of preserving liberty at home. This is the case because they are incompatible with limited and decentralized government. They therefore inevitably lead to tyranny and economic collapse in the mother country in the pattern of the Roman Empire, followed by domination from without.

You're a [bleep] broken record and a wrong one at that. Enough already
Posted By: isaac Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
Hawkeye must still enjoy getting knocked into the lockers.
You're a [bleep] broken record and a wrong one at that. Enough already
I'll have to try that retort in response to your next post on the subject. Think it will be persuasive?
Posted By: 444Matt Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
Well, for me and my family it will have an affect. As a dual status Mil Tech I'll be furloughed one day a pay period. It isn't a huge loss granted, but it will be felt. I'll be picking up some side work to cover it, not trying to make like its the end of the world or anything, but there are hard working non douches that are affected by the douches running this gov't.
Originally Posted by RISJR

This thread proves it. Can't say how many times I've handed him his ass on the definition of NEOCON, his selective memory when it comes to "empire" as it related to Manifest Destiny, and his obvious lack of grasp of the national interest and the preservation, protection and projection of same, not to mention he's on the same side as obama, holder, Cindy Sheehan and of course JeffO when it comes to our national interest. Then again, look at where he is ....
Originally Posted by 444Matt
Well, for me and my family it will have an affect. As a dual status Mil Tech I'll be furloughed one day a pay period. It isn't a huge loss granted, but it will be felt. I'll be picking up some side work to cover it, not trying to make like its the end of the world or anything, but there are hard working non douches that are affected by the douches running this gov't.

Absolutely, election have consequences and you have the OP moron to thank.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
444, sorry to see you will be affected. Hopefully it will be short lived.
But to douche bags like Kevin Gibson and Jeff Obama, this is what happens when you have over 4 years of NO frigging budget plan. Only "continuing resolutions", which is a patchwork of no seriouis planning! The next "CR" coming at the end of March is much bigger than this little bullchit sequester.
To add a little spice also the "debt ceiling" will be hitting at about the same time.
Nothing has been prioritized so the Liar runs his mouth like
school board members trying to scare partents into voting "yes" for the next referendum.
The Liars' endless campaign technique will soon catch up to him.
The economy will catch up with this tactic and we will all pay a price.
In the meantime, fecal heads like KG and JO run with the talking points making sure their Fuehrer remains teflon coated!
Yup, 800,000 fed employees losing 20% of their pay, hundreds of companies losing business, another couple hundred thousand people who work for contractors that work in fields that do business with Govt entities losing their jobs..............it may not be economic collapse but it ain't gonna be good! I know that amongst my fellow fireman there are some that will buckle down and suck it up (like me), some are gonna end up in financial trouble and some of the younger guys with a new house a young wife and a couple kids at home, are gonna be [bleep]! 2% at the beginning of the year and another 20 now is huge in already trying times. It will be interesting to see what the results will be .
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13

This thread proves it. Can't say how many times I've handed him his ass on the definition of NEOCON, his selective memory when it comes to "empire" as it related to Manifest Destiny, and his obvious lack of grasp of the national interest and the preservation, protection and projection of same, not to mention he's on the same side as obama, holder, Cindy Sheehan and of course JeffO when it comes to our national interest. Then again, look at where he is ....
With all due respect that is WRONG. I've read TRH for years and he simply advocates non-interference in most cases. He isn't a pacifist and has never advocated a pacifistic position. Putting him in the same class as the dickweasels you listed is totally and completely inaccurate. No offense intended, only clarification.
Cutting our spending is one thing, but when the initial knee jerk reaction is cut nearly a million people's pay in one shot is just stupid when you have an anemic economy. I can off the top of my head name billions of wasted money that doesn't hinder with working people's grocery money!
Thanks for the clue-in, Bob. wink
I'm waiting for Jeff to comment on my last response. I gave Jeff a pass for voting for Obama the first time, this time around not at all.

The furlough is said to last through the end of the year. What really kills me is we just saw a multi million dollar project that was not needed or requested forced on all the shops in the 81st RRC. That waste of money could have covered everyone's pay that they will loose due to these cuts.

The amount of Gov't money I see wasted at my small fry level is just unreal, I don't even think about how much goes on up the chain. Our federal gov't is really really out of control.
Posted By: shreck Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
Looks like The Thunderbirds and The Blue Angels are some of the first cuts.
At this rate, he and I are going to become close buds. grin

Would you tell people you woke up with your hands and knees covered in mud and a used condom in your tent?

Travis
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
444, sorry to see you will be affected. Hopefully it will be short lived.
But to douche bags like Kevin Gibson and Jeff Obama, this is what happens when you have over 4 years of NO frigging budget plan. Only "continuing resolutions", which is a patchwork of no seriouis planning! The next "CR" coming at the end of March is much bigger than this little bullchit sequester.
To add a little spice also the "debt ceiling" will be hitting at about the same time.
Nothing has been prioritized so the Liar runs his mouth like
school board members trying to scare partents into voting "yes" for the next referendum.
The Liars' endless campaign technique will soon catch up to him.
The economy will catch up with this tactic and we will all pay a price.
In the meantime, fecal heads like KG and JO run with the talking points making sure their Fuehrer remains teflon coated!

Yep.

Travis
Posted By: HugAJackass Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13

Right there with ya here in Huntsville, bud. Here are the businesses that will be effected in this town alone....
Nobody will guess which one I work for...

Company Name

District

Website
3D Research Corporation Thornton Research Park www.3drc.com
3SL, Inc. Adjacent to CRP www.threesl.com
5-D Systems, Inc. West www.5dsystems.com
A-P-T Research, Inc. (APT) East www.apt-research.com
a.i. solutions, Inc. West www.ai-solutions.com
AAI Corporation Adjacent to CRP www.aaicorp.com
AAR Integrated Technologies East www.aarcorp.com
AAR Precision Systems East www.aarcorp.com
ADESTA, LLC Applications www.adestagroup.com
ADTRAN, Inc. West www.adtran.com
Advanced Optical Systems, Inc. Applications www.aos-inc.com
AEgis Technologies Group West www.aegistg.com
Aero Thermo Technology, Inc. West www.aerothermo.com
Aerojet Applications www.aerojet.com
Aerospace Corporation, The Adjacent to CRP www.aero.org
Aerotek, Inc. East www.aerotek.com
AeroVironment, Inc. (AVInc) West www.avinc.com
Aetos Systems, Inc. Adjacent to CRP www.aetossystems.com
AgustaWestland North America Adjacent to CRP
Alabama Supercomputer Authority West www.asc.edu
All Points Logistics, LLC East www.allpointslogistics.com
Alutiiq, LLC Thornton Research Park www.alutiiq.com
Amedisys Home Health Applications www.amedisys.com
Amtec Corporation East www.amtec-corp.com
Analytical Mechanics Associates, Inc. - AMA Adjacent to CRP www.ama-inc.com
Analytical Services, Inc. (ASI) West www.asi-hsv.com
Analytix LLC West www.analytix-hsv.com
Andrews Space, Inc. East www.andrews-space.com
Anglin Reichmann Snellgrove & Armstrong, PC Thornton Research Park www.anglincpa.com
Apexio Solutions, Inc. East www.apexiosolutionsinc.com
Applied Analytical Solutions, Inc. Adjacent to CRP www.applied-analytical.com
Aranea Solutions, Inc. East www.araneasolutions.com
Arcata Associates, Inc. Adjacent to CRP www.arcataassoc.com
ARES Corporation East www.arescorporation.com
Aries Technologies, Inc. East www.ariestech.com
ARINC Engineering Services, Inc. Applications www.arinc.com
Arrow Electronics, Inc. East www.arrow.com
ASD, Inc. Applications www.asd-inc.com
ASRC Aerospace West www.asrcaerospace.com
At Your HomeCARE Applications www.atyourhomecare.net
AT&T Government Solutions, Inc West www.corp.att.com/gov
ATEC West
ATK West www.atk.com
Auburn University - Huntsville Research Center West www.auburn.edu
Aviagen, Inc. East www.aviagen.com
Aviation & Missile Solutions LLC West www.avnmslsolutions.com
Avion Solutions, Inc. East www.avionsolutions.com
Axometrics, Inc. Applications www.axometrics.com
AZ Technology, Inc. Applications www.aztechnology.com
B. G. Smith and Associates, Inc. East www.bgs-hsv.com
B&B Business Solutions of Huntsville, Inc. Applications www.Spherion.com
BAE Systems West www.baesystems.com
Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp. Applications www.ball.com
Banks Industries, Inc. Adjacent to CRP www.banksindustries.com
Baron Services, Inc. East www.baronservices.com
Battelle Huntsville Operations Applications www.battelle.org/huntsville
Beacon Technologies Applications www.beacontech.net
Bell Helicopter, Textron Adjacent to CRP www.bellhelicopter.textron.com
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. East www.bench.com
Berney Office Solutions East www.berney.com
Bevilacqua Research Corporation East www.brc2.com
Bid Designs, LLC Adjacent to CRP www.bid-designs.com
BizTech East www.biztech.org
Blackhawk Management Corporation Adjacent to CRP www.blackhawkmgmt.com
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama Call Center Thornton Research Park www.bcbsal.org/index.cfm
Boecore, Inc. Adjacent to CRP www.boecore.com
Bonham Technologies, Inc. West www.bti-hsv.com
Booz Allen Hamilton, Inc. West www.boozallen.com
Bowhead Holding Company Adjacent to CRP www.bowheadlogistics.com
BRANAE West www.branaeconsulting.com
Brockwell Technologies, Inc. East www.brocktec.com
Building Plastics, Inc. Thornton Research Park www.bpidecosurf.com
Business Resource Solutions, LLC East www.brs-llc.com
CACI, Inc. - Federal West www.caci.com
Camber Corporation West www.camber.com
Cape Fox Professional Services Adjacent to CRP www.capefoxit.com
Carina Technology, Inc. West www.carinatek.com
Casa Designs, LLC Applications www.casadesigns.com
CATI Training Systems, LLC Applications www.catinet.com
CDL Systems, Inc. Adjacent to CRP www.cdlsystems.com
Centris Consulting, Inc. Applications www.centrisconsulting.com
CFD Research Corporation East www.cfdrc.com
CGI Applications www.cgi.com/usfederal
Chandler/May, Inc. (CMI) Adjacent to CRP www.chandlermay.com
Chugach Alaska Corporation East www.chugach-ak.com
CNRW, LLC Applications www.cherokee-corp.com
CohesionForce, Inc. Thornton Research Park www.cohesionforce.com
COLSA Corporation West www.colsa.com
Comcast Cablevision of Huntsville Applications www.comcast.com
Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC) West www.csc.com
Concero Scientific West www.conceroscientific.com
Conexant Systems, Inc. West www.conexant.com
Conversant Bio West www.conversantbio.com
Corvid Technologies West www.corvidtec.com
Crossroads System, Inc. Adjacent to CRP www.crossroads.com
Crystal Mountain Natural Spring Water/The Roberts Group Applications www.crystalmtnwater.com
Cummings Aerospace East www.cummingsaerospace.com
Cyber Huntsville Corporation Thornton Research Park
D & Y Applications www.dystaffing.com
Data Ventures East www.dataventures.biz
Davenport Agents, LLC Applications www.homes-huntsville.com
Davidson Technologies, Inc. West www.davidson-tech.com
Davis Strategic Innovations, Inc. Applications www.davisdsi.com
DCAA (The Defense Contract Audit Agency) West www.dcaa.mil
DCS Corporation East www.dcscorp.com
deciBel Research, Inc. West www.decibelresearch.com
Decisions & Advanced Technology Associates (DATA), Inc. East www.data-incorp.com
Decisive Analytics Corporation East www.dac.us
Defense Acquisition University Applications www.dau.mil
Defense Acquisition, Inc. Applications www.da-inc.com
Delta Research, Inc. West www.dr-inc.com
DESE Research, Inc. East www.dese.com
DHPC Technologies West www.dhpconsultants.com
DIATHERIX Laboratories, Inc. West www.diatherix.com
Digi Flight Incorporated East www.digiflight.com
Digital Fusion, Inc. East www.digitalfusion.com
Digital Radiance West www.digitalradiance.com
Digium, Inc. West www.digium.com
DirecTV Thornton Research Park www.directv.com/careers
DKI Consulting, a SubsidiaryCimarron East www.dkiconsulting.com
DMD, LLC Thornton Research Park www.dmdgroupinc.com
Draper Laboratory Adjacent to CRP www.draper.com
DRS RSTA, Inc. West www.drs.com
DRS Test and Energy Management, LLC East www.drs-tem.com
Ducommun Miltec West www.ducommun.com/miltec
Dynamic Concepts, Inc. West www.dynamic-concepts.com
Dynamics Research Corporation Applications www.drc.com
DynCorp International West www.dyn-intl.com
Dynetics, Inc. West www.dynetics.com
E-Ring, Inc. East www.ering-cad.com
EADS North America East www.eads-na.com
East West Enterprises East www.ewehsv.com
EDAW East www.edaw.com
EGEN, Inc. West www.egencorp.com
Elbit Systems of America East www.elbitsystems-us.com
Electronic Fastners, Inc. East www.elecfast.net
Emerson Network Power Avocent East www.emersonnetworkpower.com
enGenius Consulting Group, Inc. West www.engeniusinc.com
Engility Corporation West www.gses.l-3com.com
EPS Corp. West www.epscorp.com
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. East www.epsilonsystems.com
ERC, Inc. East www.erc-incorporated.com
ESI North America Applications www.esi-group.com
Exodus Technology Corporation West www.exodus-hsv.com
Faulkner University - Huntsville East www.faulkner.edu
Flir Systems, Inc. East www.flir.com/gs
Florida Institute of Technology Applications es.fit.edu/es/redstone �
Freescale Semiconductor, Inc. Applications www.freescale.com
Frontier Technology, Inc. East www.fti-net.com
Future Research Corporation West www.future-research.com
Garver, LLC East www.garverengineers.com
GE Aviation - Huntsville Operations West www.ge.com
General Dynamics C4 Systems East www.gdc4s.com
GH Systems, Inc. West www.gh-systems.us
Gideon Services Inc West www.gideon-services.com
Gleason Research Associates, Inc. (GRA) East www.grainc.net
Graham & Company, LLC Thornton Research Park www.grahamcompany.com
Gray Research, Inc. West www.gray-research.com
Gryphon Technologies, LC Applications www.gryphonlc.com
Halo Monitoring East www.halomonitoring.com
Harlan Lee & Associates LLC (HLA) Applications www.hlassociates.com
Harris Corporation Applications www.harris.com
Hawk Enterprises, LLC East www.hawkworld.com
HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology West www.hudsonalpha.org
HydroGeoLogic, Inc. East www.hgl.com
i3 International, LLC West
IBM Corporation Applications www.ibm.com
Infinity Technology, Inc. East www.infitech.com
InfoPro Corporation West www.ipc-us.com
InfoSurv, Inc. East www.infosurv.net
Innovative Technology Solutions, LLC East www.itsits.com
Instrumental Sciences, Inc. Applications www.insciences.com
Integrated Management Solutions, a Dynetics company East www.ims-dynetics.com
Integrated Solutions for Systems (IS4S) East www.is4s.com
Integrated Thought Corporation Applications www.ithoughtcorp.com
Integration Innovation, Inc. (i3) West www.i3-corps.com
Intuitive Research and Technology Corporation East www.irtc-hq.com
IronMountain Solutions Applications www.ironmountainsolutions.com
Irving Burton Associates Applications www.ibacorp.us
ITT Exelis Applications www.exelisinc.com
Jacobs ESTS Group Adjacent to CRP www.jacobstechnology.com
Jacobs Technology ITSS Group Adjacent to CRP www.jacobstechnology.com
JANSON Communications Applications www.jansoncom.com
JBM East www.jbmanagement.com
Johnson Controls, Inc. East www.johnsoncontrols.com
JRC Integrated Systems, Inc. Thornton Research Park www.jrcisi.com
Kailos Genetics, Inc. West www.kailosgenetics.com
KAYA Associates, Inc. Applications www.kayacorp.com
KBM Enterprises, Inc East www.kbm-inc.com
Keystone Foods, LLC Applications www.keystonefoods.com
Kisaq, LLC Applications www.kisaq.com
Koniag Services Inc. (KSI) Applications www.ksikoniag.com
Kratos Defense East www.kratosdefense.com
Kwajalein Range Services East www.krsjv.com
L-3 Communications Corporation - Huntsville Operations West www.l-3com.com
L-3 Communications Integrated Services East www.titan.com
LabCorp Adjacent to CRP www.labcorp.com
Layer 8 Technology, Inc. East www.layer8technology.com
LinTech Global Applications www.lintechglobal.com
LMI Consulting, Inc. (formerly Belzon) Applications www.lmi.org
Lockheed Martin Corporation East www.lockheedmartin.com
LogC2, Inc. DBA "Connected Logistics" Applications www.logc2.com
LogiCore West www.logicorehsv.com
Logistics Management Engineering, Inc. Thornton Research Park www.lmeinc.com
LOGOS Enterprises, Inc. East www.logos-ent.com
LOGZONE, Inc. East www.logzoneinc.com
M.B. Kahn Construction Co., Inc. East www.mbkahn.com
MACRO Industries, Inc. West www.macroindustries.com
MagnaCom, Inc. West www.magnacom-inc.com
Magnolia River Services East www.magnolia-river.com
ManTech Nexolve Corporation West www.mantech.com
Martin Technologies, Inc. East www.martin-tech.com
MBDA Missile Systems East www.mbdainc.com
Meads, LLC East
Meeting Etiquette Partners Applications www.meetingetiquettepartners.com
MegaTech, Inc. East www.megatech-inc.com
MEI Technologies, Inc. East www.meitechinc.com
Mentor Graphics East www.mentorg.com
Mercury Computer Systems, Inc. - Microwave & Digital Solutions Group East www.mc.com
Meredith Advocacy Group Applications www.meredithadvocacygroup.com
Metters Industries, Inc. Applications www.metters.com
Microarrays Inc. West www.microarrays.com
Microtech Adjacent to CRP www.microtech.net
Millennium Engineering and Integration Company (MEI) Adjacent to CRP www.meicompany.com
MillieModels West www.milliemodels.com
Mobular Technologies, Inc. East www.mobular.com
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. MTSI Thornton Research Park www.mtsi-va.com
Moog, Inc. East www.moog.com
MSB Analytics, Inc. East www.msbainc.com
MTA, Inc. West www.mta-inc.com
MTS Applications www.mts-usa.com
MyLiveMap Applications www.mylivemap.com
National Scale Technology, Inc. West www.national-scale.com
National Space Science & Technology Center East www.nsstc.org
National Weather Service Weather Forecast Office (NWS WFO HUN) East www.srh.noaa.gov/hun
NATO MEADS Management Agency (NAMEADSMA) West
Network Services & Support, Inc. West www.nss-corp.com
Neuro Media East
Nexus Energy Center Applications www.nexusenergycenter.org
nLogic, Inc. East www.nlogic.com
Northington Consulting, LLC Thornton Research Park www.northconllc.com
Northrop Grumman Corporation West www.northropgrumman.com
nVision Systems, LLC Applications www.nvis360.com
Oak Ridge-Huntsville Partnership Office (ORHPO) East www.orhpo.org
Occupational Health Group Applications www.ohgonline.org
Omega Plus, Inc. West www.omegaplus-inc.com
OMI, Inc. East www.omi-eng.com
On-Line Applications Research (OAR) Corporation Applications www.oarcorp.com
Orbital Sciences Corporation Thornton Research Park www.orbital.com
Paradigm Technologies, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of ECS West www.paradigm.net
PARSONS Thornton Research Park www.sparta.com
PeopleTec, Inc. East www.peopletec.com
PESA Switching Systems, Inc. Applications www.PESA.com
Powell Electronics Applications www.powell.com
Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne, Inc. West www.prattwhitneyrocketdyne.com
Pratt & Whitney/Space Propulsion West
Premier Professional Systems, Inc. West www.premier-inc.com
Principal Financial Group Applications
PROJECTXYZ, Inc. Adjacent to CRP www.PROJECTXYZ.com
QinetiQ North America, Inc. West www.qinetiq-na.com
Quadrus Corporation Adjacent to CRP www.quadruscorp.com
Qualis Corporation West www.qualis-corp.com
Qualtech NP, A business unit of Curtiss Wright Flow Control Adjacent to CRP www.qualtech.cwfc.com
Quantech Services, Inc. West www.quantechserv.com
QuantiTech, Inc. Applications www.quantitech.com
Quantum Research International, Inc. West www.quantum-intl.com
Radiance Technologies, Inc. East www.radiancetech.com
Raytheon Company West www.raytheon.com
Red Hat, Inc. East www.redhat.com
Regus Applications www.regus.com
Research Analysis and Maintenance, Inc. (RAM) Adjacent to CRP www.ramincorp.com
ResearchSouth, Inc. East www.researchsouthinc.com
RGIS Inventory Specialists East www.rgisinv.com
Riverside Research Applications www.riversideresearch.org
RMCI, Inc. Adjacent to CRP www.rmc98.com
RNB Technologies, Inc. Applications www.rnbtechnologies.com
Rockwell Collins West www.rockwellcollins.com
RS Electronics East www.rselectronics.com
S3 West www.s3inc.com
SAIC (Science Applications International Corporation) West www.saic.com
SAVA Workforce Solutions, LLC. Applications www.savasolutions.com
SAVVI, LLC Adjacent to CRP www.getsavvi.com
Schafer Corporation Thornton Research Park www.schafercorp.com
Scientech, A business unit of Curtiss Wright Flow Control Adjacent to CRP www.scientech.com
Scientic, Inc. East www.scientic.us
Scientific Research Corporation Applications www.scires.com
SELEX Galileo, a Finmeccanica Company East www.selexgalileo.com
Sentar, Inc. East www.sentar.com
Serina Therapeutics West www.serinatherapeutics.com
Shaffer Solutions Corp LLC East www.ssc-corp.com
Shearer & Associates, Inc. East www.shearerassociates.us
Siemens Government Services, Inc. Applications www.siemensgovt.com
Siemens PLM Software, Inc. West www.siemens.com/plm
Sierra Nevada Corporation Adjacent to CRP www.sncorp.com
Sigmatech, Inc. East www.sigmatech.com
Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation East www.sikorsky.com
SilverTech Associates, Inc. Adjacent to CRP
SimSTAFF Applications www.simstaff.com
SITEService East
SL1, Inc. West www.SL1-inc.com
Small Business Technologies, Inc. East www.smallbusinesstechnologiesinc.com
Southern Research Institute East www.southernresearch.org
SpecPro, Inc. East www.specpro-inc.com
SRA, Inc. West
SRCTec East www.srctecinc.com
SSS Optical Technologies, LLC East www.sssopticaltechnologies.com
ST Microelectronics Adjacent to CRP www.st.com
State of Alabama, Department of Revenue West www.ador.state.al.us
Stephen Gould of Alabama East www.stephengould.com
Strata-G Solutions, Inc. East www.stratag-inc.com
StrataForm, Inc. West www.stratag-inc.com
Strategic Defense Solutions, LLC (SDS) Applications www.sdefenses.com
Stratolaunch Systems Corporation East www.stratolaunch.com
Summit 7 Systems, Inc. West www.summit7systems.com
Summit Technical Solutions, LLC Applications www.sts-llc.biz
Superior Solutions Incorporated West www.ssihsv.com
Survice Engineering Company West www.survice.com
Synapse Wireless, Inc. West www.synapse-wireless.com
System Dynamics International, Inc. West www.sdi-inc.com
Systems Engineering Solutions, Inc. East www.sesi.com
Systems Products and Solutions, Inc. East www.services-sps.com
TARCOG East wwwtarcog.com �
Tec-Masters, Inc. Adjacent to CRP www.tecmasters.com
Technical Micronics Controls, Inc. East www.tmccorp.com
Tecolote Research, Inc. Applications www.tecolote.com
TEKsystems East www.teksystems.com
Teledyne Brown Engineering East www.tbe.com
Tennessee Valley Authority - TVA East www.tva.gov
Terma North America, Inc. East www.terma.com
Tessada & Associates, Inc. Adjacent to CRP www.tessada.com
Tetra Tech - Engineering Management Concepts, Inc. Applications www.tetratech.com
Texas Instruments Incorporated Adjacent to CRP www.ti.com
The Atlantic Group Applications www.theatlgrp.com
The Boeing Company West www.boeing.com
The Loch Harbour Group, Inc. Applications www.lochharbour.com
The MITRE Corporation Adjacent to CRP www.mitre.org
The Partnership for Biotechnology Research West www.alpbr.org
The Phernam Group West
Titan Corporation/JDS Division East
Titertek Instruments, Inc. East www.titertek.com
Toroid Corporation East www.toroidcorp.com
Trident Group, Inc. West www.thetridentgroupinc.com
Trident Technologies Thornton Research Park www.tridenttechnologies.net
Trideum Corporation East www.trideum.com
Troy 7, Inc. Applications www.troy7.com
Tuba Group East www.tvbagroup.com
United Controls Corporation Applications www.ucc-scada.com
Universities Space Research Association Applications www.space.hsv.usra.edu
URS Corporation West www.urscorp.com
UTC Aerospace Systems (Formerly Hamilton Sundstrand Corp.) East www.utcaerospacesystems.com
Vector Aerospace Adjacent to CRP www.vectoraerospace.com
Venturi, Inc. Thornton Research Park www.venturiaerospace.com
Verizon Wireless Thornton Research Park www.verizonwireless.com
ViaTech Information Services Inc. Adjacent to CRP www.viatechis.com
Victory Solutions, Inc. East www.victorysolutionsinc.com
Video One Communications, Inc. East www.voai.com
Vision Centric, Inc. East www.visioncentricinc.com
Von Braun Center for Science & Innovation, Inc. - VCSI East www.vcsi.org
West Corporation East www.west.com
Willbrook Solutions, Inc East www.willbrook.com
Wxworx East www.wxworx.com
Wyle CAS Group Thornton Research Park www.wyle.com
Xerox Corporation West
Yorktown Systems Group, Inc. Applications www.ysginc.com
Yulista Management Services, Inc. West www.yulista.com
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Cutting our spending is one thing, but when the initial knee jerk reaction is cut nearly a million people's pay in one shot is just stupid when you have an anemic economy. I can off the top of my head name billions of wasted money that doesn't hinder with working people's grocery money!

This is all orchestrated.

Thankfully, most .gov employees know this and know where the blame falls. And it AIN'T with the elephants.

Travis
I'm waiting for Jeff to comment on my last response. I gave Jeff a pass for voting for Obama the first time, this time around not at all.

The furlough is said to last through the end of the year. What really kills me is we just saw a multi million dollar project that was not needed or requested forced on all the shops in the 81st RRC. That waste of money could have covered everyone's pay that they will loose due to these cuts.

The amount of Gov't money I see wasted at my small fry level is just unreal, I don't even think about how much goes on up the chain. Our federal gov't is really really out of control.

We must be in the same industry...

My job is doing Resource Analysis. I see an unfathomable amount of resources wasted on a daily basis...
I gave Jeff a pass for voting for Obama the first time,

You can build a THOUSAND bridges, but suck one little tiny pole, and do they call you a Bridge Builder......
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

Right there with ya here in Huntsville, bud. Here are the businesses that will be effected in this town alone....
Nobody will guess which one I work for...

Company Name

District

Website
3D Research Corporation Thornton Research Park www.3drc.com
3SL, Inc. Adjacent to CRP www.threesl.com
5-D Systems, Inc. West www.5dsystems.com
A-P-T Research, Inc. (APT) East www.apt-research.com
a.i. solutions, Inc. West www.ai-solutions.com
AAI Corporation Adjacent to CRP www.aaicorp.com
AAR Integrated Technologies East www.aarcorp.com
AAR Precision Systems East www.aarcorp.com
ADESTA, LLC Applications www.adestagroup.com
ADTRAN, Inc. West www.adtran.com
Advanced Optical Systems, Inc. Applications www.aos-inc.com
AEgis Technologies Group West www.aegistg.com
Aero Thermo Technology, Inc. West www.aerothermo.com
Aerojet Applications www.aerojet.com
Aerospace Corporation, The Adjacent to CRP www.aero.org
Aerotek, Inc. East www.aerotek.com
AeroVironment, Inc. (AVInc) West www.avinc.com
Aetos Systems, Inc. Adjacent to CRP www.aetossystems.com
AgustaWestland North America Adjacent to CRP
Alabama Supercomputer Authority West www.asc.edu
All Points Logistics, LLC East www.allpointslogistics.com
Alutiiq, LLC Thornton Research Park www.alutiiq.com
Amedisys Home Health Applications www.amedisys.com
Amtec Corporation East www.amtec-corp.com
Analytical Mechanics Associates, Inc. - AMA Adjacent to CRP www.ama-inc.com
Analytical Services, Inc. (ASI) West www.asi-hsv.com
Analytix LLC West www.analytix-hsv.com
Andrews Space, Inc. East www.andrews-space.com
Anglin Reichmann Snellgrove & Armstrong, PC Thornton Research Park www.anglincpa.com
Apexio Solutions, Inc. East www.apexiosolutionsinc.com
Applied Analytical Solutions, Inc. Adjacent to CRP www.applied-analytical.com
Aranea Solutions, Inc. East www.araneasolutions.com
Arcata Associates, Inc. Adjacent to CRP www.arcataassoc.com
ARES Corporation East www.arescorporation.com
Aries Technologies, Inc. East www.ariestech.com
ARINC Engineering Services, Inc. Applications www.arinc.com
Arrow Electronics, Inc. East www.arrow.com
ASD, Inc. Applications www.asd-inc.com
ASRC Aerospace West www.asrcaerospace.com
At Your HomeCARE Applications www.atyourhomecare.net
AT&T Government Solutions, Inc West www.corp.att.com/gov
ATEC West
ATK West www.atk.com
Auburn University - Huntsville Research Center West www.auburn.edu
Aviagen, Inc. East www.aviagen.com
Aviation & Missile Solutions LLC West www.avnmslsolutions.com
Avion Solutions, Inc. East www.avionsolutions.com
Axometrics, Inc. Applications www.axometrics.com
AZ Technology, Inc. Applications www.aztechnology.com
B. G. Smith and Associates, Inc. East www.bgs-hsv.com
B&B Business Solutions of Huntsville, Inc. Applications www.Spherion.com
BAE Systems West www.baesystems.com
Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp. Applications www.ball.com
Banks Industries, Inc. Adjacent to CRP www.banksindustries.com
Baron Services, Inc. East www.baronservices.com
Battelle Huntsville Operations Applications www.battelle.org/huntsville
Beacon Technologies Applications www.beacontech.net
Bell Helicopter, Textron Adjacent to CRP www.bellhelicopter.textron.com
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. East www.bench.com
Berney Office Solutions East www.berney.com
Bevilacqua Research Corporation East www.brc2.com
Bid Designs, LLC Adjacent to CRP www.bid-designs.com
BizTech East www.biztech.org
Blackhawk Management Corporation Adjacent to CRP www.blackhawkmgmt.com
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama Call Center Thornton Research Park www.bcbsal.org/index.cfm
Boecore, Inc. Adjacent to CRP www.boecore.com
Bonham Technologies, Inc. West www.bti-hsv.com
Booz Allen Hamilton, Inc. West www.boozallen.com
Bowhead Holding Company Adjacent to CRP www.bowheadlogistics.com
BRANAE West www.branaeconsulting.com
Brockwell Technologies, Inc. East www.brocktec.com
Building Plastics, Inc. Thornton Research Park www.bpidecosurf.com
Business Resource Solutions, LLC East www.brs-llc.com
CACI, Inc. - Federal West www.caci.com
Camber Corporation West www.camber.com
Cape Fox Professional Services Adjacent to CRP www.capefoxit.com
Carina Technology, Inc. West www.carinatek.com
Casa Designs, LLC Applications www.casadesigns.com
CATI Training Systems, LLC Applications www.catinet.com
CDL Systems, Inc. Adjacent to CRP www.cdlsystems.com
Centris Consulting, Inc. Applications www.centrisconsulting.com
CFD Research Corporation East www.cfdrc.com
CGI Applications www.cgi.com/usfederal
Chandler/May, Inc. (CMI) Adjacent to CRP www.chandlermay.com
Chugach Alaska Corporation East www.chugach-ak.com
CNRW, LLC Applications www.cherokee-corp.com
CohesionForce, Inc. Thornton Research Park www.cohesionforce.com
COLSA Corporation West www.colsa.com
Comcast Cablevision of Huntsville Applications www.comcast.com
Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC) West www.csc.com
Concero Scientific West www.conceroscientific.com
Conexant Systems, Inc. West www.conexant.com
Conversant Bio West www.conversantbio.com
Corvid Technologies West www.corvidtec.com
Crossroads System, Inc. Adjacent to CRP www.crossroads.com
Crystal Mountain Natural Spring Water/The Roberts Group Applications www.crystalmtnwater.com
Cummings Aerospace East www.cummingsaerospace.com
Cyber Huntsville Corporation Thornton Research Park
D & Y Applications www.dystaffing.com
Data Ventures East www.dataventures.biz
Davenport Agents, LLC Applications www.homes-huntsville.com
Davidson Technologies, Inc. West www.davidson-tech.com
Davis Strategic Innovations, Inc. Applications www.davisdsi.com
DCAA (The Defense Contract Audit Agency) West www.dcaa.mil
DCS Corporation East www.dcscorp.com
deciBel Research, Inc. West www.decibelresearch.com
Decisions & Advanced Technology Associates (DATA), Inc. East www.data-incorp.com
Decisive Analytics Corporation East www.dac.us
Defense Acquisition University Applications www.dau.mil
Defense Acquisition, Inc. Applications www.da-inc.com
Delta Research, Inc. West www.dr-inc.com
DESE Research, Inc. East www.dese.com
DHPC Technologies West www.dhpconsultants.com
DIATHERIX Laboratories, Inc. West www.diatherix.com
Digi Flight Incorporated East www.digiflight.com
Digital Fusion, Inc. East www.digitalfusion.com
Digital Radiance West www.digitalradiance.com
Digium, Inc. West www.digium.com
DirecTV Thornton Research Park www.directv.com/careers
DKI Consulting, a SubsidiaryCimarron East www.dkiconsulting.com
DMD, LLC Thornton Research Park www.dmdgroupinc.com
Draper Laboratory Adjacent to CRP www.draper.com
DRS RSTA, Inc. West www.drs.com
DRS Test and Energy Management, LLC East www.drs-tem.com
Ducommun Miltec West www.ducommun.com/miltec
Dynamic Concepts, Inc. West www.dynamic-concepts.com
Dynamics Research Corporation Applications www.drc.com
DynCorp International West www.dyn-intl.com
Dynetics, Inc. West www.dynetics.com
E-Ring, Inc. East www.ering-cad.com
EADS North America East www.eads-na.com
East West Enterprises East www.ewehsv.com
EDAW East www.edaw.com
EGEN, Inc. West www.egencorp.com
Elbit Systems of America East www.elbitsystems-us.com
Electronic Fastners, Inc. East www.elecfast.net
Emerson Network Power Avocent East www.emersonnetworkpower.com
enGenius Consulting Group, Inc. West www.engeniusinc.com
Engility Corporation West www.gses.l-3com.com
EPS Corp. West www.epscorp.com
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. East www.epsilonsystems.com
ERC, Inc. East www.erc-incorporated.com
ESI North America Applications www.esi-group.com
Exodus Technology Corporation West www.exodus-hsv.com
Faulkner University - Huntsville East www.faulkner.edu
Flir Systems, Inc. East www.flir.com/gs
Florida Institute of Technology Applications es.fit.edu/es/redstone �
Freescale Semiconductor, Inc. Applications www.freescale.com
Frontier Technology, Inc. East www.fti-net.com
Future Research Corporation West www.future-research.com
Garver, LLC East www.garverengineers.com
GE Aviation - Huntsville Operations West www.ge.com
General Dynamics C4 Systems East www.gdc4s.com
GH Systems, Inc. West www.gh-systems.us
Gideon Services Inc West www.gideon-services.com
Gleason Research Associates, Inc. (GRA) East www.grainc.net
Graham & Company, LLC Thornton Research Park www.grahamcompany.com
Gray Research, Inc. West www.gray-research.com
Gryphon Technologies, LC Applications www.gryphonlc.com
Halo Monitoring East www.halomonitoring.com
Harlan Lee & Associates LLC (HLA) Applications www.hlassociates.com
Harris Corporation Applications www.harris.com
Hawk Enterprises, LLC East www.hawkworld.com
HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology West www.hudsonalpha.org
HydroGeoLogic, Inc. East www.hgl.com
i3 International, LLC West
IBM Corporation Applications www.ibm.com
Infinity Technology, Inc. East www.infitech.com
InfoPro Corporation West www.ipc-us.com
InfoSurv, Inc. East www.infosurv.net
Innovative Technology Solutions, LLC East www.itsits.com
Instrumental Sciences, Inc. Applications www.insciences.com
Integrated Management Solutions, a Dynetics company East www.ims-dynetics.com
Integrated Solutions for Systems (IS4S) East www.is4s.com
Integrated Thought Corporation Applications www.ithoughtcorp.com
Integration Innovation, Inc. (i3) West www.i3-corps.com
Intuitive Research and Technology Corporation East www.irtc-hq.com
IronMountain Solutions Applications www.ironmountainsolutions.com
Irving Burton Associates Applications www.ibacorp.us
ITT Exelis Applications www.exelisinc.com
Jacobs ESTS Group Adjacent to CRP www.jacobstechnology.com
Jacobs Technology ITSS Group Adjacent to CRP www.jacobstechnology.com
JANSON Communications Applications www.jansoncom.com
JBM East www.jbmanagement.com
Johnson Controls, Inc. East www.johnsoncontrols.com
JRC Integrated Systems, Inc. Thornton Research Park www.jrcisi.com
Kailos Genetics, Inc. West www.kailosgenetics.com
KAYA Associates, Inc. Applications www.kayacorp.com
KBM Enterprises, Inc East www.kbm-inc.com
Keystone Foods, LLC Applications www.keystonefoods.com
Kisaq, LLC Applications www.kisaq.com
Koniag Services Inc. (KSI) Applications www.ksikoniag.com
Kratos Defense East www.kratosdefense.com
Kwajalein Range Services East www.krsjv.com
L-3 Communications Corporation - Huntsville Operations West www.l-3com.com
L-3 Communications Integrated Services East www.titan.com
LabCorp Adjacent to CRP www.labcorp.com
Layer 8 Technology, Inc. East www.layer8technology.com
LinTech Global Applications www.lintechglobal.com
LMI Consulting, Inc. (formerly Belzon) Applications www.lmi.org
Lockheed Martin Corporation East www.lockheedmartin.com
LogC2, Inc. DBA "Connected Logistics" Applications www.logc2.com
LogiCore West www.logicorehsv.com
Logistics Management Engineering, Inc. Thornton Research Park www.lmeinc.com
LOGOS Enterprises, Inc. East www.logos-ent.com
LOGZONE, Inc. East www.logzoneinc.com
M.B. Kahn Construction Co., Inc. East www.mbkahn.com
MACRO Industries, Inc. West www.macroindustries.com
MagnaCom, Inc. West www.magnacom-inc.com
Magnolia River Services East www.magnolia-river.com
ManTech Nexolve Corporation West www.mantech.com
Martin Technologies, Inc. East www.martin-tech.com
MBDA Missile Systems East www.mbdainc.com
Meads, LLC East
Meeting Etiquette Partners Applications www.meetingetiquettepartners.com
MegaTech, Inc. East www.megatech-inc.com
MEI Technologies, Inc. East www.meitechinc.com
Mentor Graphics East www.mentorg.com
Mercury Computer Systems, Inc. - Microwave & Digital Solutions Group East www.mc.com
Meredith Advocacy Group Applications www.meredithadvocacygroup.com
Metters Industries, Inc. Applications www.metters.com
Microarrays Inc. West www.microarrays.com
Microtech Adjacent to CRP www.microtech.net
Millennium Engineering and Integration Company (MEI) Adjacent to CRP www.meicompany.com
MillieModels West www.milliemodels.com
Mobular Technologies, Inc. East www.mobular.com
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. MTSI Thornton Research Park www.mtsi-va.com
Moog, Inc. East www.moog.com
MSB Analytics, Inc. East www.msbainc.com
MTA, Inc. West www.mta-inc.com
MTS Applications www.mts-usa.com
MyLiveMap Applications www.mylivemap.com
National Scale Technology, Inc. West www.national-scale.com
National Space Science & Technology Center East www.nsstc.org
National Weather Service Weather Forecast Office (NWS WFO HUN) East www.srh.noaa.gov/hun
NATO MEADS Management Agency (NAMEADSMA) West
Network Services & Support, Inc. West www.nss-corp.com
Neuro Media East
Nexus Energy Center Applications www.nexusenergycenter.org
nLogic, Inc. East www.nlogic.com
Northington Consulting, LLC Thornton Research Park www.northconllc.com
Northrop Grumman Corporation West www.northropgrumman.com
nVision Systems, LLC Applications www.nvis360.com
Oak Ridge-Huntsville Partnership Office (ORHPO) East www.orhpo.org
Occupational Health Group Applications www.ohgonline.org
Omega Plus, Inc. West www.omegaplus-inc.com
OMI, Inc. East www.omi-eng.com
On-Line Applications Research (OAR) Corporation Applications www.oarcorp.com
Orbital Sciences Corporation Thornton Research Park www.orbital.com
Paradigm Technologies, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of ECS West www.paradigm.net
PARSONS Thornton Research Park www.sparta.com
PeopleTec, Inc. East www.peopletec.com
PESA Switching Systems, Inc. Applications www.PESA.com
Powell Electronics Applications www.powell.com
Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne, Inc. West www.prattwhitneyrocketdyne.com
Pratt & Whitney/Space Propulsion West
Premier Professional Systems, Inc. West www.premier-inc.com
Principal Financial Group Applications
PROJECTXYZ, Inc. Adjacent to CRP www.PROJECTXYZ.com
QinetiQ North America, Inc. West www.qinetiq-na.com
Quadrus Corporation Adjacent to CRP www.quadruscorp.com
Qualis Corporation West www.qualis-corp.com
Qualtech NP, A business unit of Curtiss Wright Flow Control Adjacent to CRP www.qualtech.cwfc.com
Quantech Services, Inc. West www.quantechserv.com
QuantiTech, Inc. Applications www.quantitech.com
Quantum Research International, Inc. West www.quantum-intl.com
Radiance Technologies, Inc. East www.radiancetech.com
Raytheon Company West www.raytheon.com
Red Hat, Inc. East www.redhat.com
Regus Applications www.regus.com
Research Analysis and Maintenance, Inc. (RAM) Adjacent to CRP www.ramincorp.com
ResearchSouth, Inc. East www.researchsouthinc.com
RGIS Inventory Specialists East www.rgisinv.com
Riverside Research Applications www.riversideresearch.org
RMCI, Inc. Adjacent to CRP www.rmc98.com
RNB Technologies, Inc. Applications www.rnbtechnologies.com
Rockwell Collins West www.rockwellcollins.com
RS Electronics East www.rselectronics.com
S3 West www.s3inc.com
SAIC (Science Applications International Corporation) West www.saic.com
SAVA Workforce Solutions, LLC. Applications www.savasolutions.com
SAVVI, LLC Adjacent to CRP www.getsavvi.com
Schafer Corporation Thornton Research Park www.schafercorp.com
Scientech, A business unit of Curtiss Wright Flow Control Adjacent to CRP www.scientech.com
Scientic, Inc. East www.scientic.us
Scientific Research Corporation Applications www.scires.com
SELEX Galileo, a Finmeccanica Company East www.selexgalileo.com
Sentar, Inc. East www.sentar.com
Serina Therapeutics West www.serinatherapeutics.com
Shaffer Solutions Corp LLC East www.ssc-corp.com
Shearer & Associates, Inc. East www.shearerassociates.us
Siemens Government Services, Inc. Applications www.siemensgovt.com
Siemens PLM Software, Inc. West www.siemens.com/plm
Sierra Nevada Corporation Adjacent to CRP www.sncorp.com
Sigmatech, Inc. East www.sigmatech.com
Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation East www.sikorsky.com
SilverTech Associates, Inc. Adjacent to CRP
SimSTAFF Applications www.simstaff.com
SITEService East
SL1, Inc. West www.SL1-inc.com
Small Business Technologies, Inc. East www.smallbusinesstechnologiesinc.com
Southern Research Institute East www.southernresearch.org
SpecPro, Inc. East www.specpro-inc.com
SRA, Inc. West
SRCTec East www.srctecinc.com
SSS Optical Technologies, LLC East www.sssopticaltechnologies.com
ST Microelectronics Adjacent to CRP www.st.com
State of Alabama, Department of Revenue West www.ador.state.al.us
Stephen Gould of Alabama East www.stephengould.com
Strata-G Solutions, Inc. East www.stratag-inc.com
StrataForm, Inc. West www.stratag-inc.com
Strategic Defense Solutions, LLC (SDS) Applications www.sdefenses.com
Stratolaunch Systems Corporation East www.stratolaunch.com
Summit 7 Systems, Inc. West www.summit7systems.com
Summit Technical Solutions, LLC Applications www.sts-llc.biz
Superior Solutions Incorporated West www.ssihsv.com
Survice Engineering Company West www.survice.com
Synapse Wireless, Inc. West www.synapse-wireless.com
System Dynamics International, Inc. West www.sdi-inc.com
Systems Engineering Solutions, Inc. East www.sesi.com
Systems Products and Solutions, Inc. East www.services-sps.com
TARCOG East wwwtarcog.com �
Tec-Masters, Inc. Adjacent to CRP www.tecmasters.com
Technical Micronics Controls, Inc. East www.tmccorp.com
Tecolote Research, Inc. Applications www.tecolote.com
TEKsystems East www.teksystems.com
Teledyne Brown Engineering East www.tbe.com
Tennessee Valley Authority - TVA East www.tva.gov
Terma North America, Inc. East www.terma.com
Tessada & Associates, Inc. Adjacent to CRP www.tessada.com
Tetra Tech - Engineering Management Concepts, Inc. Applications www.tetratech.com
Texas Instruments Incorporated Adjacent to CRP www.ti.com
The Atlantic Group Applications www.theatlgrp.com
The Boeing Company West www.boeing.com
The Loch Harbour Group, Inc. Applications www.lochharbour.com
The MITRE Corporation Adjacent to CRP www.mitre.org
The Partnership for Biotechnology Research West www.alpbr.org
The Phernam Group West
Titan Corporation/JDS Division East
Titertek Instruments, Inc. East www.titertek.com
Toroid Corporation East www.toroidcorp.com
Trident Group, Inc. West www.thetridentgroupinc.com
Trident Technologies Thornton Research Park www.tridenttechnologies.net
Trideum Corporation East www.trideum.com
Troy 7, Inc. Applications www.troy7.com
Tuba Group East www.tvbagroup.com
United Controls Corporation Applications www.ucc-scada.com
Universities Space Research Association Applications www.space.hsv.usra.edu
URS Corporation West www.urscorp.com
UTC Aerospace Systems (Formerly Hamilton Sundstrand Corp.) East www.utcaerospacesystems.com
Vector Aerospace Adjacent to CRP www.vectoraerospace.com
Venturi, Inc. Thornton Research Park www.venturiaerospace.com
Verizon Wireless Thornton Research Park www.verizonwireless.com
ViaTech Information Services Inc. Adjacent to CRP www.viatechis.com
Victory Solutions, Inc. East www.victorysolutionsinc.com
Video One Communications, Inc. East www.voai.com
Vision Centric, Inc. East www.visioncentricinc.com
Von Braun Center for Science & Innovation, Inc. - VCSI East www.vcsi.org
West Corporation East www.west.com
Willbrook Solutions, Inc East www.willbrook.com
Wxworx East www.wxworx.com
Wyle CAS Group Thornton Research Park www.wyle.com
Xerox Corporation West
Yorktown Systems Group, Inc. Applications www.ysginc.com
Yulista Management Services, Inc. West www.yulista.com

Needless to say, this city will be decimated....

But that's okay....elections don't mater.... smirk
Dude I didn't even want to read through that huge list, Sad day.

And Jeff posting like this is some kind of joke, that's in pretty poor taste IMO.
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
Gee thnx

You can build a THOUSAND bridges, but suck one little tiny pole, and do they call you a Bridge Builder......

Sir,

I don't believe this is accurate. In most locales you would be deemed a cock sucker.

Travis

And Jeff posting like this is some kind of joke, that's in pretty poor taste IMO.

He's got his ol' lady to save him. He need not worry.

Travis
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13

No chit.

A [bleep]' moron, running around showing it's azz.

GTC
Posted By: heavywalker Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
I hope you guys can all see now, this is what happens when you want less government, everybody suffers. Maybe the next time you want to reduce spending you will think of this. None of you can survive without big government, and they are going to show you why. It is going to hurt, but next time they raise the debt ceiling, you will all cheer, next time they propose unbridled spending you will all write your congressmen and women in support of it. I know you all don't want this pain, big government can take it all away, all you have to do is sign on the bottom of this blank check, and sign this form to mortgage the next generations future. They will take away the pain, roll on big government, roll on...

Even the idiots in government know, you gotta spend money to make money wink

It's like I said back in 2008, anybody who votes for Obama is either a traitor themselves or mentally incapacitated somehow. It lost me a lot of "friends" then but so be it.
The government doesn't "make" it "takes".
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
The government doesn't "make" it "takes".
Yep. Every dollar spent by government is a nonproductive (non-wealth-generating) dollar that's not available to the private sector for productive (wealth-generating) spending.
Posted By: centershot Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
If Obama cut out his vacations for a year, they'd have plenty of money.......
That is a matter of perception and which side of the fence you are on.

The government calls it revenue.
Originally Posted by heavywalker
That is a matter of perception and which side of the fence you are on.

The government calls it revenue.
It is revenue, for government. Government revenue is 100% non-productive, however, i.e., it only saps national wealth. It doesn't generate it.
Really? I'd have never know if not for your incredible incite. grin
grin Then you're welcome. Preaching to the choir, was I?
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/01/13
i hate to point it out but that's not exactly accurate, i mean some of the money spent is spent on buying ideas and products from the private sector and some is spent on salaries which get pumped back into the economy.

NOT supporting what's being done, just adding to the discussion.
Yeah you were, it was TIC hints the winky face in the first post. wink
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
i hate to point it out but that's not exactly accurate, i mean some of the money spent is spent on buying ideas and products from the private sector and some is spent on salaries which get pumped back into the economy.

That would only be true if you assume the Federal government does more good with those ideas than the private sector would, or that the cost to provide a federal job and pay a salary to a worker would not create more jobs in the private sector.

All of which are not true.

Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13
At this rate, he and I are going to become close to the buds. grin

Smoking will help? sick I suppose it may not hurt. grin
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13
heavywalker, i did not think my post out very well and you're right.
Posted By: NDsnowman Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13
If these cuts ever really happen, I will celebrate them no matter what, I promise.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13

I must agree with TRH.

Somebody throw me a Star Trek costume...

Travis

sick
Posted By: eh76 Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13
grin Then you're welcome. Preaching to the coir, was I?

teacher huh? yea right...............poser
Posted By: tbear Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13
Speaking from the Capital today President Obama contended that Capital guards, cleaning staff, kitchen help, & others would be seeing a pay cut & some could possibly lose their jobs. Shortly the Architect of the Capitals office issued a statement that none of the Capital staff was in any way affected. Just another way to maximize the impact & hopefully destroy the Republican Party.
Posted By: eyeball Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13

It's like I said back in 2008, anybody who votes for Obama is either a traitor themselves or mentally incapacitated somehow. It lost me a lot of "friends" then but so be it.
Chickenschitt people make chicken schitt friends.
Posted By: smithrjd Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13
Well after 3 years of no raise, now this. All eggs in one basket, wife and I both will be furloughed.. Don't know about everybody else, but a 40% cut in pay and I'm going to be screwed. Hope you all will give top dollar for all of the toys I will have to sell. Perhaps I should just let the bank have my underwater house.. I do not mind paying my fair share, but damn 40% is a bit much.
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

yea, too late it was when I realized that the Dimocrap plan of taking from the productive people and giving it to the zeros would result in astronomical stock prices for coke and walley world and Mickey d's as the zeros would spend it there like the free money it was- for them.
Posted By: nathanial Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13

So be it, let them lick the hand while the boot is on their necks.
Originally Posted by tbear
Speaking from the Capital today President Obama contended that Capital guards, cleaning staff, kitchen help, & others would be seeing a pay cut & some could possibly lose their jobs. Shortly the Architect of the Capitals office issued a statement that none of the Capital staff was in any way affected. Just another way to maximize the impact & hopefully destroy the Republican Party.
Libturds live their life in a state of discontent and misery fearing imminent destruction due to the inadequacies of control by .gov and the sky falling. Ultimately they desire to see the catastrophe occur that they have feared so long, if for nothing else than to prove themselves correct. So, jiffy is happy today. His god told him ,"the end is near."
What happened to the libtard that started this thread?
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13
It's out somewhere showin' its' azz.

GTC
Posted By: GeorgiaBoy Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13

Exactly!!

This is the point that is missed. The spin doctors have been so successfull that both sides of the political spectrum--don't even get the issue.

When Pelosi and her friends start talking about "hurting the military" you know it's all smoke and mirrors.

The worst that will happen is that both sides will cuts things that should not cut--just for political reasons--not for sound fisical reasons.
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy

The worst that will happen is that both sides will cuts things that should not cut--just for political reasons--not for sound fisical reasons.
Right. The targeted cuts are designed to punish the American people for insisting on even the slightest modicum of fiscal restraint from them, and it can barely even be called that.
Zero gets to direct the cuts, and will do so to most hurt the cause of freedom and the welfare of the USA.
Actually Zero does not get to direct the cuts for the most part. It is a fixed percentage of each departments budget. Each department decides where and how. Now does Zero direct all of the Departments.... Some of us will suffer much more than others. Most will not even notice.
Originally Posted by eyeball
Zero gets to direct the cuts, and will do so to most hurt the cause of freedom and the welfare of the USA.

This is what he--AND CONGRESS--has been doing for the last 4 years. This is simply harm from another direction--the end result is still harm.

However, if anyone from sit-on-their-buts to defense contractors have to wean themselves off the tit of the Gov., even just a little, I'm ok with it.
Originally Posted by smithrjd
Actually Zero does not get to direct the cuts for the most part. It is a fixed percentage of each departments budget. Each department decides where and how. Now does Zero direct all of the Departments.... Some of us will suffer much more than others. Most will not even notice.

You are correct Sir. This was not the best approach, but it is more that what Congress has be able to do in 12 years.
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
It's out somewhere showin' its' azz.

GTC

Figures, spew and run.
Since when is it harm to reduce the rate of progression to insolvency? When it hurts you? Due to Medicare cuts of 75 % I am reduced to working only half the week. I get $12 now to treat an old lady going blind with corneal graft rejection,and that will be weekly, for the foreseeable future.

That began Jan 1.
Since when is it harm to reduce the rate of progression to insolvency? When it hurts you? Due to Medicare cuts of 75 % I am reduced to working only half the week. I get $12 now to treat an old lady going blind with corneal graft rejection,and that will be weekly, for the foreseeable future.

That began Jan 1.

I am not unsympathetic to your individual circumstances. However, Medicare and Social Security will NOT survive the "babyboomer" in there present forms.

Our nation has lost generations--over 50 million of it's citizen due to abortion. That number increase exponentially when you consider the children who would be born to them. All of these citizens are potential tax payers. (And I say potential loosely).

That means added cost to those of us who survived "choice." I would go so far as arguing that medical proceedures would not be as expensive IF the deep pockets of Government were involved.
Almost all of them would be on the public dole and drawing food stamps and welfare. Remember in the Bible when God said to His people to kill them ALL, even their animals were an abomination?
Almost all of them would be on the public dole and drawing food stamps and welfare. Remember in the Bible when God said to kill them ALL, even their animals were an abomination?

The best answer to a fool--is silence.
Posted By: Thunderball Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13
RTC http://www.rtc.army.mil/index.html has all their gov't employees effected.

Thunderball,

I want to be carefull here. But I work for State Government, and I can tell you, there is no incentive to save money. If an agency saves money, that agency looses funding for the next year. I'm sure the Federal/Military budgets are the same.

It is, in my opinion, not if Military budgets can be cut, they can. The question is how they will be cut.

Under the current politically correct model of military readiness, my only fear is that the military budget will be cut in places to make "political statements" not what is best for the military and the American people.
It's all political, folks voted, they got what they deserve. Next week for me is Djibouti. I am one of those lazy azz Government employees. When I get back, unless something changes a 40% cut in pay for the family. Oh well..
It's all political, folks voted, they got what they deserve. Next week for me is Djibouti. I am one of those lazy azz Government employees. When I get back, unless something changes a 40% cut in pay for the family. Oh well..
If so, it's retaliation in an effort to cause pain, designed to have us all calling our congressmen demanding that the government continue to be given a blank check. What's happening to you has nothing actually to do with the sequester since, as has been said over and over, it's not even a cut in spending. It's merely a cut in the extent to which they planned this year to increase spending. So it's a spending increase, not a decrease. If they could afford to pay you X amount last year, they can afford to pay you even more this year. It's strictly an extortion attempt. Not that I wouldn't be overjoyed if they closed down whole departments and laid off tens of thousands of government employees, because that's just the sort of thing they need to do, but won't.
It's all political, folks voted, they got what they deserve. Next week for me is Djibouti. I am one of those lazy azz Government employees. When I get back, unless something changes a 40% cut in pay for the family. Oh well.
Not that I wouldn't be overjoyed if they closed down whole departments and laid off tens of thousands of government employees, because that's just the sort of thing they need to do, but won't.

Tens of thousands is not even close to the number of useless jobs the gov has imo.
Well good luck to you and yours. I have survived and will continue to. I look at the budget every month with the wife. Just wish this country could have to make the choices we do. It is not rocket science, X comes in Y is owed or required, there are limits even for a government. I pray we are not going down that road but wonder. I went to Vietnam did my time, went back later and finished and retired (LOL) means get a job. Now they are taking many of those benefits away as well, increasing costs etc. We all suffer.
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13

Matt, I didn't vote for Obama this time around. confused
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13

Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13
Is there anyone here who honestly thinks Romney, as President, would have messed things up this badly even if he is a neo-con, RINO, greedy businessman?
Ok, got caught up here.

I was accused of spewing and running. First, I did not spew. Second, I did not run. I was WORKING. Maybe a foreign concept to some of you cube dwellers who apparently can post all day while "working".

I'm surprised, frankly, that I'm getting yelled at here. Except by Jorge; he's just drunk. But for the more rational here-- this is GOOD. A percentage of each department's budget?! Hell yeah! We've been talking about this for YEARS guys! And this is nothing.

As to the pain, individual and collective, buck up troopers. We need to take our medicine, it ain't gonna be fun, it ain't gonna be pretty, and this is just the merest hint of a taste. I've been taking my medicine for several years while government employees, of which I know several, looked around during this grinding recession with a "what, me worry? Nothing's changed for me!" look on their face. Well, welcome to the party folks. Be sure to get your dose of humility at the door, and there's "I can't afford to do that!" cards you can pick up in the kitchen to give to friends when they ask if you want to go out to dinner... go skiing.... get that condo on the beach.....

Anyway I'm beat from turning cranks all day and can't have a beer cause I'm ferrying kids all evening, but nonetheless I'm still saying, Happy Sequester Day! to all y'all.

Well I'll be happy to know I'm getting my share. From life's experience, what comes around goes around. it will be others turn next.

Suck the lollipop of mediocracy once you suck forever.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13
Ok, got caught up here.

I was accused of spewing and running. First, I did not spew. Second, I did not run. I was WORKING. Maybe a foreign concept to some of you cube dwellers who apparently can post all day while "working".

I'm surprised, frankly, that I'm getting yelled at here. Except by Jorge; he's just drunk. But for the more rational here-- this is GOOD. A percentage of each department's budget?! Hell yeah! We've been talking about this for YEARS guys! And this is nothing.

As to the pain, individual and collective, buck up troopers. We need to take our medicine, it ain't gonna be fun, it ain't gonna be pretty, and this is just the merest hint of a taste. I've been taking my medicine for several years while government employees, of which I know several, looked around during this grinding recession with a "what, me worry? Nothing's changed for me!" look on their face. Well, welcome to the party folks. Be sure to get your dose of humility at the door, and there's "I can't afford to do that!" cards you can pick up in the kitchen to give to friends when they ask if you want to go out to dinner... go skiing.... get that condo on the beach.....

Anyway I'm beat from turning cranks all day and can't have a beer cause I'm ferrying kids all evening, but nonetheless I'm still saying, Happy Sequester Day! to all y'all.

I do not always agree with Jorge as on this very thread I took him to task for lumping another poster who has very different veiws than yours in with you. Jorge is an officer and a gentleman though, whereas you are part of the problem having helped open the door which has wrought some of the worst times ever in the history of American politics. No, you may have not voted for Obama in the recent election, but you voted for him once, and that's enough. The camel's nose was under the tent. Now the camel is in the tent.

Elections indeed have consequences and one of the 2008 ones was you being forever alienated from a good portion of the Campfire. You can now call me names and scream at me all you want, but it won't change your vote which you not only cast but were proud enough of to share.

He knows that.
Posted By: SkyCop Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13
I am scheduled to receive my 30 day termination notice on Monday. I work for a federal contract tower as an air traffic controller. I have worked at this facility for 14 years. There is a list of 100 towers that will close. Air traffic is my career, it is all that I know how to do... With 100 towers closing and the job market being flooded with controllers, there are no jobs for me to even apply for. Our facility ranks 132 in traffic volume yet we are somehow getting closed down. There are lots of FAA facilities with lower traffic counts than ours that will not close. There are some with hardly any traffic with double the manning we have. They basically sit around in the break rooms for most of their shifts.
I have a wife, three kids, and my elderly mother that count on me for financial support. We have not been told if we will be closing temporarily or permanently. I am 42 years old and terrified for my families future. There is no worse feeling than having your life destroyed overnight. I look at my little girl and wonder how I am going to take care of her...
I agree that we must get this countries spending under control, but I think eliminating jobs and putting people out of work is the wrong way to go about it. Everyone here knows how much unnecessary waste goes on in our gov. They could have easily found ways to cutback without eliminating jobs. Obama could have taken one less vacation and saved all of the jobs at my facility.
This is all surreal... I am scared for my family and I don't know what to do...
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13

Your saviour engineered it you own it. Cuts now we all know you don't have a inch of common sense but 98 billion out of a 3.6 trillion budget is the equivalent of going out to lunch on fridays compared to my household budget. He hooked his constituents hook line and sinker. Now talk 2 trillion sequester and you might get my attention.

BTW Jeff I really do like you grin
Posted By: milespatton Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13
Your saviour engineered it you own it.

Thing is with the help of the alphabet news stations, he is trying to lay it all off on those nasty Republicans, and most of the sheeple will believe him/them.

Jeff-zero, did you vote for Romney, or were you part of the problem for two Presidential elections in a row? I think I already know the answer, but a lot here won't. miles
Zero will turn what could have been a good thing into another abortion.

They never miss an opportunity to screw America over.

Now, Hagel they say, has to figure out how to integrate women into combat with men. Who thinks they give a damned about what the citizens think about that.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13
Ok, got caught up here.

I do not always agree with Jorge as on this very thread I took him to task for lumping another poster who has very different veiws than yours in with you. Jorge is an officer and a gentleman though, whereas you are part of the problem having helped open the door which has wrought some of the worst times ever in the history of American politics. No, you may have not voted for Obama in the recent election, but you voted for him once, and that's enough. The camel's nose was under the tent. Now the camel is in the tent.

Elections indeed have consequences and one of the 2008 ones was you being forever alienated from a good portion of the Campfire. You can now call me names and scream at me all you want, but it won't change your vote which you not only cast but were proud enough of to share.

Exactly right, although remember, it was a democrap Congress who took the term "gentleman" out of the commissioning oath back in 1976. As to the OP, it goes far beyond the obama vote in 08. Some of the most vehemently unpatriotic anti military posts EVER have been penned by this moron. That, and the fact he's a serial prevaricator.
Obama could, at the stroke of his little pen or by uttering the mere word, make these "cuts" nearly painless for all involved. He knows it too, but has openly said that he will not interfere. At this point, there is no one to blame but him.
Originally Posted by SkyCop
I agree that we must get this countries spending under control, but I think eliminating jobs and putting people out of work is the wrong way to go about it.
It's precisely the right way to go about it if those jobs eliminated are non-wealth-generating jobs, i.e., jobs that only constitute a drain on wealth produced in the private sector, which all government jobs are. We saw this with the massive layoffs of US military personnel after WWII, i.e., a massive boom in our nation's economic productivity and a return to prosperity. But that was only the case because there was a free market to return to. In order to reproduce that, the government needs to take it's iron boot off the throat of the private sector in a multitude of ways. That's the solution. Not continuing to employ unneeded Federal workers, in a bloated public sector, on the backs of a shrinking and strangulating private sector.
Ok, got caught up here.

Jeff, I've never interacted with you concerning politics and probably ought to avoid such now--but you do realize, don't you, that Obama was voted into office in 2008 by persons who made poor choices, and that had he not been elected we would not be in this sequester situation at all?

Further, had Romney been elected this time around, we also would not be in an artificially-manufactured financial crisis, as he at the very least had proven business experience at a governing level which would have made intelligent cuts like we have all been asking for.

What was your role in this? Your original post, and the one I quoted above, seem as though you are trying to rub people's faces in the feces of financial crisis, when in fact it is one that you helped manufacture. It would seem to me that if you have indeed suffered worse from the poor choices that you made in 2008 than you would have needed to, then you would be having sympathy, and even empathy, on those who are now going to suffer worse than needed due to the poor choices made by some in 2012.

Do you find all of this comedic? Do you recognize the role of a citizen's choices in affecting others? Do you realize that your poor choices have consequences which indeed affect others around you? If so, why not cut the fun-n-games crap and show care toward and leadership of those who will continue to suffer or are about to suffer unexpectedly?
Posted By: Magnum_Man Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13
Well put DD well put. Magnum man
Posted By: shreck Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13
The sequester gives us...$58 million was cut in salaries and expenses at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives.

So there's that.
Posted By: ihookem Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13
Google federal government agencies. There are so many ya won't believe it. They could cut half and noone on the Campfire would know the difference. bureau of indian statistics was one of them..... Who the hell cares. There was no bureau of 24 hr campfire statistics... At least they're not on to us yet..
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13
I am scheduled to receive my 30 day termination notice on Monday. I work for a federal contract tower as an air traffic controller. I have worked at this facility for 14 years. There is a list of 100 towers that will close. Air traffic is my career, it is all that I know how to do... With 100 towers closing and the job market being flooded with controllers, there are no jobs for me to even apply for. Our facility ranks 132 in traffic volume yet we are somehow getting closed down. There are lots of FAA facilities with lower traffic counts than ours that will not close. There are some with hardly any traffic with double the manning we have. They basically sit around in the break rooms for most of their shifts.
I have a wife, three kids, and my elderly mother that count on me for financial support. We have not been told if we will be closing temporarily or permanently. I am 42 years old and terrified for my families future. There is no worse feeling than having your life destroyed overnight. I look at my little girl and wonder how I am going to take care of her...
I agree that we must get this countries spending under control, but I think eliminating jobs and putting people out of work is the wrong way to go about it. Everyone here knows how much unnecessary waste goes on in our gov. They could have easily found ways to cutback without eliminating jobs. Obama could have taken one less vacation and saved all of the jobs at my facility.
This is all surreal... I am scared for my family and I don't know what to do...

Summers coming. Do you know how to use a shovel?
Originally Posted by ihookem
Google federal government agencies. There are so many ya won't believe it. They could cut half and noone on the Campfire would know the difference. bureau of indian statistics was one of them..... Who the hell cares. There was no bureau of 24 hr campfire statistics... At least they're not on to us yet..
Do you think the nation could somehow manage to survive without a US Rural Electrification Administration? How about a National Endowment For The Arts? Department of Education?
Posted By: 444Matt Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13
Ok, got caught up here.

Jeff a couple of things and then I'm going to leave this thread a lone.

Looks like I was mistaken about your voting in this last election. Shows you can learn from mistakes. Unlike others I do give folks a pass that made a poor choice the first time in 2008, if that bothers some oh well.

You have to see how low class for lack of a better description this thread of yours is. Like DD said, you are throwing it in the face of those affected by the cuts. Contrary to your perception not all of us gov't drones have been living the good life the last 4 plus years. Like many in the civilian sector I have not had a cost of living raise (normally an annually calculated adjustment) since President Obama took office, (and my Lord has the cost of living increased! fuel, utilities and such have shot through the roof under President Obama's watch) nor have performance based bonuses been awarded. Yet if one's performance was to show lacking than the previous year's a negative counseling would be noted in your personnel record. We've been two employees short in our shop for 4 years, yet still maintain the same amount of equipment under the same time constraints we did with a full shop. Due budget cuts and hiring freezes our hands have been tied. I'm trying to get you to see that my job has been much like most in the civilian sector.

You need to wake up and reassess your opinion on this.
Posted By: JustOneGunner Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13
It's just less of an increase, not a decrease.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13
Far too much waste in nearly every aspect of goverment and far too many on gov payrolls.

This has to happen, but I ain't gonna rub anyones nose in it. I think nearly all will be fine, they will have to adjust.

More than a few here rubbed JO's nose in his situation a few years back.
I agree that we must get this countries spending under control, but I think eliminating jobs and putting people out of work is the wrong way to go about it.
It's precisely the right way to go about it if those jobs eliminated are non-wealth-generating jobs, i.e., jobs that only constitute a drain on wealth produced in the private sector, which all government jobs are. We saw this with the massive layoffs of US military personnel after WWII, i.e., a massive boom in our nation's economic productivity and a return to prosperity. But that was only the case because there was a free market to return to. In order to reproduce that, the government needs to take it's iron boot off the throat of the private sector in a multitude of ways. That's the solution. Not continuing to employ unneeded Federal workers, in a bloated public sector, on the backs of a shrinking and strangulating private sector.

Hawkeye,
I find myself often disagreeing with you on trivial issues. However, on this issue you are spot on in your arguments, and the clarity with which you define the issue is refreshing.

During the time leading up to the election; Aug., Sept. Oct., most all of the major news outlets, even the most liberal all reported the same thing--governmental job growth (creation?) exceeded every other sector in our economy.
Posted By: KR13 Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13
The R's need to make a stand. Have Obama follow the law and submit a budget to be voted on. If that does not happen they should allow the government to shut down. Time to play hardball. Put on your big boy pants and do your job. But I know they won't.
DakotaDeer and Matt,

The irony of being beaten up for essentially being politically incorrect and insensitive does not escape me, but here goes.

Please accept my sincere apology for any perceived gloating or reveling. Wasn't my intent. What glee I was expressing was because yes, it makes me happy that every Federal government department gets an across the board cut. Many if not most here have stated that this would be a happy day. I'm of the opinion that in the big picture, it is a happy day. It will get people thinking about the realities of what needs to happen, and what needs to happen, partly, is that a whole bunch of government employees need to find other work. Period! Simple as that.

So to the extent that Sequester Day illustrates and humanizes that, I'm all for it. Also, to the extent that it serves as a wakeup call to .gov employees that they might want to brush up the resume, or at least not treat their career as automatic lifetime employment, that's also a good thing in the big picture.

Please understand that for some of us, who were in positions that turned out to be not so good when this latest financial crises started in '07, it's been 5-6 YEARS of what you are MAYBE going to begin to suffer. I know "welcome to the party" sounds callous but again, if it's a precursor to getting people to see the scale of the problems here, then again in the long term it's a net positive, at least as much as it can be.

Anyone who truly reads what I have said over the last years could only agree that in general I'm very pessimistic about our nation's economic prospects going forwards. I do not believe we get out of this in one piece. I do believe that the standard of living that many have come to take utterly for granted will turn out to be a historical anomaly. Put more bluntly, the party's ending and it's not coming back.

Anyone who truly reads what I have said also knows that it's my belief that BOTH political parties, and in fact the electorate ourselves, bear responsibility for where we are. I reject the notion that this is Obama's fault. That's pure partisanship. We'd be in essentially the same position if he'd never been elected, because all the political class has been doing, R and D alike, is kicking the can down the road. Well, we are running out of road. And I am EMBARRASED for my brethren on the 'Fire who are so blinded by partisanship that they cannot even acknowledge what a disaster GWB was, how his dumbphuckitude led us to this specific spot in history, as well as what a disaster Obama has been. Truly embarrassed, and frankly, the dumbphuckitude of the Republican Right is one of the reasons that I'm so pessimistic about things in general. That most here see them as a solution is a sign of how truly screwed we are.

Finally, I again apologize for my callousness and lack of sensitivity. May I suggest a few things based on my own personal experience these last few years.

-cut back on anything optional YESTERDAY. You cannot afford to do ANYTHING. Don't kid yourself.

-figure out your next move and begin aggressively moving that direction. That may mean a very aggressive move towards retraining, or a business startup, or job-hunting. Do it NOW. Do not wait until you are ground down.

-if you can't hang onto your house, acknowledge that and don't let it keep bleeding you. A mortgage is a contract between buyer and lender. Within the terms, is explicit language specifying the consequences of nonpayment. They signed too! Giving the house back to the bank is within the terms of the contract. Business is business. Take care of business.

-stop believing that if only we vote Republican, everything will be ok. It won't. Nobody can deny that we've been given fair warning; the curtain is pulled back, we see the almighty Oz, ain't. Our political class are crooks who are beholden to things other than the citizenry's well-being. Realize this, and prepare accordingly.
Good point! However, this is really the issue. The Rs need to be singled out.

There are Rs. And there are Conservatives who happen to be Rs.

There is not a big difference between Rs and Ds.

There is a significant difference between Conservatives who happen to be Rs.

Even Rs only give lip service to Conservatives. When Conservatives speak out, even Rs become uncomfortable. The media picks up on this, demonizes the Conservatives within the party, and the Rs soon put pressure on them to come to the middle--wherever that is?--Oh yeah--its basically thinking more like the other side of the isle.
Posted By: logcutter Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13
It takes two to tango and the republicans have been less than stellar.They haven't had an electable candidate in ages,hell Bush lost to Al in popular vote.The republicans have some serious issues and if they don't change soon,were going to be in for allot more bs.

Two gangs going at it and our gang is losing.

Jayco
I think most of these people have no idea of what they are talking about. They assume that all so-called government employees just sit around wasting the tax payers money all day. I never really considered myself a government worker, because I work for a contractor. I don't even receive any retirement or health benefits from my job, and I don't make nearly what a government controller makes. But, I guess I was wrong...

My job was not created by Obama in his great government expansion efforts. Back in '99, due to the amount of military, air carrier, and general aviation traffic, it was determined that a control tower was needed here to ensure the safety at this airport. I learned to control aircraft in the Navy. After getting out, I worked many different jobs in the construction field until I finally found this job. A job that provides for my family. A job that some of you would not be cheering over the loss of if it were yours. I'm not some GS14, past retirement age, just sitting around drawing a fat paycheck off the American taxpayer. I'm a hard working, blue collar worker.

I agree that government spending needs to be cut, even more than they are now, but it needs to be done in a way that makes sense. You think a $5,000,000 grant for studying the interaction of goldfish should be funded over my facility? If even a small percentage of the fraud, waste, and abuse of our tax dollars was reigned in no one would be getting a 30 day termination notice. I also agree that there are many government jobs that need to be eliminated as well, but I think some common sense should be used to achieve this goal.

You guys that say "good for them, it's about time they got a taste of what it's like in the private sector" are forgetting that the people that are losing their jobs are just like you. Just everyday people trying to make a living and provide for their families. The ones that deserve our hatred and ridicule are the politicians and higher-ups that make these decisions and waste all of our tax dollars. But guess what, they won't be losing their jobs. If anything, they will probably be getting a raise.
Posted By: logcutter Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13
Dude,they don't care.There using people as escape goats to put the blame on one or the other...This is a No Win scenario for the republicans and will only make them look worse than they already do.

I'm trying hard to see there point(republicans)and they look like a bunch of slobs because the ball is in there court and they missed it playing "my way or the hiway" talking trash and wanting to cut seniors social security

They can't win that way and will be blamed for it.

Jayco
Skycop, from the bottom of my heart, I'm sorry you might lose your job, and I'm sorry for the pain and stress that would cause. It sounds like you have a varied and valuable background. There's likely gold to be found there-- think about what you enjoyed doing, and were good at, and consider a move in that direction.

Keep in mind these furloughs and 30-day notices are pure political theater, and you PROBABLY won't lose your job. But it's a good wakeup call.
It makes me happy that every Federal government department gets an across the board cut.
If only that were the case. You know it's not, right?
By the way, take the below in the context that the guy *I* voted for in 2012 would cut all federal government departments by approximately 40% across the board, which would likely include the federal funding for my wife's job.

I'm not unaware of how much it'd suck to shrink the government dramatically. However, it appears that many here are, or were.

DakotaDeer and Matt,

The irony of being beaten up for essentially being politically incorrect and insensitive does not escape me, but here goes.

Please accept my sincere apology for any perceived gloating or reveling. Wasn't my intent. What glee I was expressing was because yes, it makes me happy that every Federal government department gets an across the board cut. Many if not most here have stated that this would be a happy day. I'm of the opinion that in the big picture, it is a happy day. It will get people thinking about the realities of what needs to happen, and what needs to happen, partly, is that a whole bunch of government employees need to find other work. Period! Simple as that.

So to the extent that Sequester Day illustrates and humanizes that, I'm all for it. Also, to the extent that it serves as a wakeup call to .gov employees that they might want to brush up the resume, or at least not treat their career as automatic lifetime employment, that's also a good thing in the big picture.

Please understand that for some of us, who were in positions that turned out to be not so good when this latest financial crises started in '07, it's been 5-6 YEARS of what you are MAYBE going to begin to suffer. I know "welcome to the party" sounds callous but again, if it's a precursor to getting people to see the scale of the problems here, then again in the long term it's a net positive, at least as much as it can be.

Anyone who truly reads what I have said over the last years could only agree that in general I'm very pessimistic about our nation's economic prospects going forwards. I do not believe we get out of this in one piece. I do believe that the standard of living that many have come to take utterly for granted will turn out to be a historical anomaly. Put more bluntly, the party's ending and it's not coming back.

Anyone who truly reads what I have said also knows that it's my belief that BOTH political parties, and in fact the electorate ourselves, bear responsibility for where we are. I reject the notion that this is Obama's fault. That's pure partisanship. We'd be in essentially the same position if he'd never been elected, because all the political class has been doing, R and D alike, is kicking the can down the road. Well, we are running out of road. And I am EMBARRASED for my brethren on the 'Fire who are so blinded by partisanship that they cannot even acknowledge what a disaster GWB was, how his dumbphuckitude led us to this specific spot in history, as well as what a disaster Obama has been. Truly embarrassed, and frankly, the dumbphuckitude of the Republican Right is one of the reasons that I'm so pessimistic about things in general. That most here see them as a solution is a sign of how truly screwed we are.

Finally, I again apologize for my callousness and lack of sensitivity. May I suggest a few things based on my own personal experience these last few years.

-cut back on anything optional YESTERDAY. You cannot afford to do ANYTHING. Don't kid yourself.

-figure out your next move and begin aggressively moving that direction. That may mean a very aggressive move towards retraining, or a business startup, or job-hunting. Do it NOW. Do not wait until you are ground down.

-if you can't hang onto your house, acknowledge that and don't let it keep bleeding you. A mortgage is a contract between buyer and lender. Within the terms, is explicit language specifying the consequences of nonpayment. They signed too! Giving the house back to the bank is within the terms of the contract. Business is business. Take care of business.

-stop believing that if only we vote Republican, everything will be ok. It won't. Nobody can deny that we've been given fair warning; the curtain is pulled back, we see the almighty Oz, ain't. Our political class are crooks who are beholden to things other than the citizenry's well-being. Realize this, and prepare accordingly.
Earth to Jeff. Earth to Jeff. Do you read? Over.
I think Obama has to own this, but of course he won't. I think he suggested this sequester knowing full well it would come to this. His only mistake was thinking he could scare the Republicans into caving in. He bluffed and got called on it. I fully blame Obama, because the House passed a measure to give him control over what to cut. He could have done what was right for the country, but instead he chose the path that would do the most harm just to prove a political point. Hey, it was all his idea and he is the president, but he sure as hell isn't going to let anyone put the responsibility of deciding what to cut on his head! WTF... As the president, it is his job to try to bring both parties together to solve our nations problems. His 'my way or the highway' approach didn't work out this time, and people are going to suffer.
My family will suffer starting April 1. You bet your ass I blame him.
Jeff_O, I appreciate the sentiments. You are right, if anything it has been a wake up call. Working somewhere for 14 years will give you a false sense of security. I always thought that if I came to work and did my job well that it would always be there. That secure feeling is forever gone. It is just a shock to have to totally reevaluate your life and make major changes on such short notice. Especially when it's not on your terms. I would welcome a furlough or 20% pay cut; anything over total job loss. It's not only losing my job, but the fact that there are no jobs in my field to go to. I am too old to work for the FAA; they won't hire anyone over 31. If they close all 100 towers like they say they are, it will not only eliminate 100 possible places of employment, but it will put hundreds of controllers searching for what few job openings that may come available in the future. In this business it is like most others; it is all about who you know, and unfortunately for me, I don't know anyone...

Even if I somehow manage to keep my job, I will be saving and working towards going back to school for a more marketable skill.

Posted By: JBGQUICK Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13
Here the government is cutting expenditures and it appears that it is Obama's fault? The work 'fault' is the one I am confused about. Cutting expenditures is a GOOD thing. The fact that it is with a shotgun instead of a scapel is not the best way, but it is better then NO cuts.

So that means it would be to Obama's credit. Which it isn't due to him anyway.

The government, particularly the federal government needs to cut back a good bit more then this. If this is the way they have to do it.

So stop getting lost in 'Obama sucks' arguements.

The goverment is going to have to cut their costs. This means they are going to have to cut services, and someone isn't going to like any cuts that get made. Politicians cannot make decisions when they upset someone.

So here's a toast to the sequester. I am sorry for any hardship it causes anyone. But. hopefully this is just the first roll back.

Skycop, thanks for being so gracious.

I'm standing here next to 5000 pounds of machine letting a spindle warm up before I start cutting. I haven't taken a day off in over a month. I'll put in 6-8 hours today and do it again tomorrow (Sunday). My feet hurt, I've got an oozing burn on my face from a hot chip of T304, my back is locked up, but I'm happy to be out here. This is my new career post-2007-apocalypse. smile

On the more positive flipside, in the last month-ish, I've put over $10k into my account receivables (now I just need to get PAID!).

I failed to see the writing on the wall and wasted a couple years hoping things would get back to "normal" when things went to [bleep]. I'm still paying for that, in every way, from purely financial to marital to you name it.

It is my fervent belief that we, America, have run our accounts dry. All of them. There's no "next boom" to save us. The [bleep] is beginning to hit the fan, and it's real, it's here, and POLITICIANS with a D or R before their name will not be solving this. Nor will name-calling between the citizenry. In fact, it's my belief it's not solvable. Things are going to get worse, perhaps much worse, and that's just how it is.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13
I truly hate seeing upright folks hurt, but when we believe "make believe" it never ends well.

Further, this is only a glimpse.

Godspeed.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13
What's happening is the money is running out and the government ain't taking any cuts to their salaries...the "government" being anybody who actually has a say.

Y'all shoulda' voted for Ron Paul. Hate to say we told you so.
Posted By: Slidellkid Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13
Sure Jeff, as long as it does not affect your job - but it does mine. Of course mine is one of those unnessary federal jobs that we don't need - advising wounded warriors of all their options for when they get put out of the Army because of their injuries. I will be furloughed thanks to folks like you who voted for the dumbass in charge.

Hell, we only have 46 million on food stamps now, surely there is someone we can cut off of gov't support rather than hurt folks that actually work for a living.
Posted By: deflave Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13

I'm standing here next to 5000 pounds of machine letting a spindle warm up before I start cutting. I haven't taken a day off in over a month. I'll put in 6-8 hours today and do it again tomorrow (Sunday). My feet hurt, I've got an oozing burn on my face from a hot chip of T304, my back is locked up, but I'm happy to be out here. This is my new career post-2007-apocalypse. smile

On the more positive flipside, in the last month-ish, I've put over $10k into my account receivables (now I just need to get PAID!).

I failed to see the writing on the wall and wasted a couple years hoping things would get back to "normal" when things went to [bleep]. I'm still paying for that, in every way, from purely financial to marital to you name it.

It is my fervent belief that we, America, have run our accounts dry. All of them. There's no "next boom" to save us. The [bleep] is beginning to hit the fan, and it's real, it's here, and POLITICIANS with a D or R before their name will not be solving this. Nor will name-calling between the citizenry. In fact, it's my belief it's not solvable. Things are going to get worse, perhaps much worse, and that's just how it is.

Laughin' my ass off.

Travis
Posted By: deflave Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13
By the way, take the below in the context that the guy *I* voted for in 2012 would cut all federal government departments by approximately 40% across the board, which would likely include the federal funding for my wife's job.

I'm not unaware of how much it'd suck to shrink the government dramatically. However, it appears that many here are, or were.

Yeah, the job that enables you to jump from one job to the next and be a stay at home mom. Yet you start a thread gloating about hard working Americans losing household income. Yes Jeffrey, you were gloating. I don't care how deep you put Skycop's dick in your throat, you were gloating.

And the government is not being shrunk "dramatically". It's being increased.

Travis
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13
Originally Posted by shreck
The sequester gives us...$58 million was cut in salaries and expenses at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives.

So there's that.

What do you bet that they reduce the manpower of the NICS portion of the department? (Maybe it won't matter since the supplies of stuff one can buy is presently getting, or has gotten, thin.)
Originally Posted by Slidellkid
Sure Jeff, as long as it does not affect your job - but it does mine. Of course mine is one of those unnessary federal jobs that we don't need - advising wounded warriors of all their options for when they get put out of the Army because of their injuries. I will be furloughed thanks to folks like you who voted for the dumbass in charge.

Hell, we only have 46 million on food stamps now, surely there is someone we can cut off of gov't support rather than hurt folks that actually work for a living.
The reason we have so many folks on food stamps (during the Great Depression, they'd be on long lines for soup kitchens instead) is that the banks, the big corporations, and the government (all three of which groups are members of the state) have crashed the economy and then harvested the wealth for themselves. But this sort of thing is merely the nature of the unbridled state, which is why the Founders tied the state down with the chains of the Constitution. But those chains have been snapped one by one to the point the national state no longer perceives any limits to what it can do in the way of self-aggrandizement. The members of the national state now use its powers to quite literally rob non-state members (regular folks who aren't banking or corporate elites, elected officials in high office, or high level government appointees) without fear of consequences.
Posted By: Bowbldr Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/02/13
You know things are in bad shape when Obama beats 600 billion in new taxes out of Republicians, then cries Sky Is Falling when 45 billion in expected increases are enacted. Not cuts in spending, we are still going to spend Billions more this year than last but just a few increases that aren't going to happen on schedule.

Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/03/13

Yeah, the job that enables you to jump from one job to the next and be a stay at home mom. Yet you start a thread gloating about hard working Americans losing household income. Yes Jeffrey, you were gloating. I don't care how deep you put Skycop's dick in your throat, you were gloating.

And the government is not being shrunk "dramatically". It's being increased.

Travis

Are you daft? Clearly, I was referring to the 40% cuts I mentioned.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/03/13
Moron continues showing its' azz.

GTC
Posted By: nathanial Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/03/13

It is my fervent belief that we, America, have run our accounts dry. All of them. There's no "next boom" to save us. The [bleep] is beginning to hit the fan, and it's real, it's here, and POLITICIANS with a D or R before their name will not be solving this. Nor will name-calling between the citizenry. In fact, it's my belief it's not solvable. Things are
going to get worse, perhaps much worse, and that's just how it is.

The schet was hitting the fan long before you wasted a couple years waiting for it to return to normal. Like the other socialized masses of sheepeople you had your head stuck in the dirt while the Shepard convinced you that compromising American ideals and the constitution was "normal" for the greater good. You think the socialization of this country is something new? Its been creeping in for many years conditioning week minded fools.

Nothing is going to change for the better until the citizenry is hungry and the realization of what they have done to themselves sets in. Hopefully at that time a revolution reinstalls the American constitution and the Republic.

By the way, you sure that it's not a vaginal infection that is oozing?

Posted By: anachronism Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/03/13
The Demos (demolition?) are promising this:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: okok Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/03/13

Laughin' my ass off.

Travis

+ 1
Posted By: deflave Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/03/13

No, I am not.

Clearly, you are a self centered prick that is supported by a woman.

Thanks for confirming.

Travis
Posted By: ingwe Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/03/13

Thanks for confirming.

Travis

Dave, you have such a hard time expressing your thoughts and feelings...I think you should seek counseling...
Yes sir.

Any recommendations?

Travis
Yes sir.

Any recommendations?

Travis

I recommend shooting some varmints.
Posted By: rte Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/03/13
Anyone who truly reads what I have said also knows that it's my belief that BOTH political parties, and in fact the electorate ourselves, bear responsibility for where we are. I reject the notion that this is Obama's fault. That's pure partisanship. We'd be in essentially the same position if he'd never been elected, because all the political class has been doing, R and D alike, is kicking the can down the road.

The fist highlighted statement has been proven to be false by numerous sources including Bob Woodward of the Washington Post.Numerous links provided below prove this point.

The second highlighted statement is pure supposition,partisan politics and wishful thinking.The Repubs in the House have passed a budget every year but the Senate, lead by Harry Reid, has not proposed a budget and also has refused to allow the budget passed by the House,to come to the floor of the Senate, for a vote.

The book �The Price of Politics,� by Washington Post Associate Editor Bob Woodward, makes it clear the idea for the draconian spending cuts originated in the White House � and not in Congress.
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/80889.html#ixzz25mdkKYL6

Obama administration behind the sequestration cuts......
http://www.humanevents.com/2012/10/25/ob...ays-joe-wilson/

During the debate tonight, President Obama once again tried to shirk responsibility for something he is ultimately responsible for.
http://www.therightsphere.com/2012/10/how-is-president-obama-not-responsible-for-sequestration/

The White House released a detailed breakdown of the sequestration cuts to defense and non-defense budgets Friday...

http://thehill.com/blogs/defcon-hill/pol...an-to-congress-

Shockingly, he put the blame squarely on Republicans although he signed it into law.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/...publicans-made/

"The sequester was originally conceived of by Obama adviser Jack Lew and signed into law by Obama as part of the November 2011 debt ceiling deal."
http://www.courant.com/news/opinion/letters/hcrs/

Well, according to our Washington Post colleague Bob Woodward, the idea did in fact originate in the White House.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2013/02/05/who-is-responsible-for-the-sequester/
Posted By: heavywalker Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/03/13
Yes sir.

Any recommendations?

Travis

Write yourself an anonymous letter... Dear, Travis...
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/03/13
Yes sir.

Any recommendations?

Travis

Yes, I could offer some counseling...
Yes sir.

Any recommendations?

Travis

Write yourself an anonymous letter... Dear, Travis...

Just received it.

It told me to GFM.

Travis
Yes sir.

Any recommendations?

Travis

Yes, I could offer some counseling...

Does it involve drinks before noon? Because sobriety and weekends don't mix.

Travis

No, I am not.

Thanks for confirming.

Travis

Wrong as usual, but go with it anyway!

How's your daily hangover? I know that feels like "work" but I've got a hint for you...
Originally Posted by rte
Anyone who truly reads what I have said also knows that it's my belief that BOTH political parties, and in fact the electorate ourselves, bear responsibility for where we are. I reject the notion that this is Obama's fault. That's pure partisanship. We'd be in essentially the same position if he'd never been elected, because all the political class has been doing, R and D alike, is kicking the can down the road.

The fist highlighted statement has been proven to be false by numerous sources including Bob Woodward of the Washington Post.Numerous links provided below prove this point.

The second highlighted statement is pure supposition,partisan politics and wishful thinking.The Repubs in the House have passed a budget every year but the Senate, lead by Harry Reid, has not proposed a budget and also has refused to allow the budget passed by the House,to come to the floor of the Senate, for a vote.

The book �The Price of Politics,� by Washington Post Associate Editor Bob Woodward, makes it clear the idea for the draconian spending cuts originated in the White House � and not in Congress.

During the debate tonight, President Obama once again tried to shirk responsibility for something he is ultimately responsible for.
http://www.therightsphere.com/2012/10/how-is-president-obama-not-responsible-for-sequestration/

The White House released a detailed breakdown of the sequestration cuts to defense and non-defense budgets Friday...

Shockingly, he put the blame squarely on Republicans although he signed it into law.

"The sequester was originally conceived of by Obama adviser Jack Lew and signed into law by Obama as part of the November 2011 debt ceiling deal."

Well, according to our Washington Post colleague Bob Woodward, the idea did in fact originate in the White House.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2013/02/05/who-is-responsible-for-the-sequester/

Like the serial prevaricator and leftist that he is, he tries to convince us he repented and did not vote for the marxist a second time, yet he "rejects" it is the marxist's fault. Taking responsibility for one's [bleep] is part of being a man, but like he and every other limp-writsted liberal, it's ALWAYS somebody else's fault.

And Jeff, just to give you an angle to discredit me like you always do, I do have a nice glass (Waterford Crystal) with two fingers of Lagavulin and an Arturo Fuentes Corona Imperial on my desk as I write this...
Originally Posted by rte

Well, duh. C'mon now. Don't be disingenuous. It's part of a game of chicken being played by BOTH sides... This has been setting up for years. It was supposed to be so unthinkable to enact these "dumb" cuts that it would force the original "supercommittee" to find a way forward. We all know what's happened since then.

The cuts may be dumb, and they may be only as TRH points out cuts in scheduled INCREASES, but I'm sticking to my guns. This is a good thing. And I'm not saying that Obama is doing a good thing so don't go there. I'm saying it's a good thing, that the utter dysfunction in DC, and the perennial lack of responsibility by BOTH parties, is getting dragged out into the plain light of day, so we can start to get our brains around what it WILL be like to actually start shrinking this beast. Yes, it's gonna suck. Yes, it's gonna cost good people good jobs. Yes, it's gonna cause each side to blame the other. But if it's going to happen, ever, then let the process of understanding what it will mean begin NOW.

Or, we can vote to tax ourselves into the poorhouse trying to actually pay for the level of .gov to which we've become accustomed.

Happy Sequester Day! In the big picture this is a great, great thing. Or could be at least.

How's your daily hangover? I know that feels like "work" but I've got a hint for you...

Pretty good. How's the lathe your wife bought?

Travis
Originally Posted by rte

Like the serial prevaricator and leftist that he is, he tries to convince us he repented and did not vote for the marxist a second time, yet he "rejects" it is the marxist's fault. Taking responsibility for one's [bleep] is part of being a man, but like he and every other limp-writsted liberal, it's ALWAYS somebody else's fault.

And Jeff, just to give you an angle to discredit me like you always do, I do have a nice glass (Waterford Crystal) with two fingers of Lagavulin and an Arturo Fuentes Corona Imperial on my desk as I write this...

The opinions of drunken retired career government employee who spends his days bragging about his "third leg" and reminiscing on the kind of global, unconstitutional, big-government adventurism that is in large part responsible for PUTTING us in this mess are always welcome and always valued, dear sir! Have some more hard alcohol at mid-day from the expensive glass WE bought you and please, don't hesitate to share your always-gentlemanly thoughts as you progress through your daily drunk. Trav will be right there with you!

Meanwhile, as the Gods of Irony would have it, I'll be working (yes, on a Sunday) doing an entrepreneurial job that epitomizes the American Way. Pretty [bleep] funny if you think about it- drunken retired government collective-employee berating a self-employed bootstrapper taking INDIVIDUAL responsibility and working his ass off.... for being in-American.... but I'm sure the humor will go right over your drunken little head.
The opinions of drunken retired career government employee who spends his days bragging about his "third leg" and reminiscing on the kind of global, unconstitutional, big-government adventurism that is in large part responsible for PUTTING us in this mess are always welcome and always valued, dear sir! Have some more hard alcohol at mid-day from the expensive glass WE bought you and please, don't hesitate to share your always-gentlemanly thoughts as you progress through your daily drunk. Trav will be right there with you!

Meanwhile, as the Gods of Irony would have it, I'll be working (yes, on a Sunday) doing an entrepreneurial job that epitomizes the American Way. Pretty [bleep] funny if you think about it- drunken retired government collective-employee berating a self-employed bootstrapper taking INDIVIDUAL responsibility and working his ass off.... for being in-American.... but I'm sure the humor will go right over your drunken little head.
Ouch! That one had to smart. grin

Travis

You mean the lathe *I* bought with proceeds from liquidating a different business? It's awesome! Love it!

Don't be an idiot, Trav. I was cutting metal when you were on mom's teat and that's a fact. I was running my first business AND working another job (yep, building things in a shop, among other stuff) when you were in elementary school.

Now go have a mid-day drink with ol' Three-Leg and you guys can regale us with how Awesome you are. I've got work to do.

B!tch.
Jeffrey! I will remind you it is the Sabbath and I have given you no reason to stop being a lady!

Sorry I touched the nerve that runs directly to your uterus.

Do that work and make mama proud! We are all pulling for you!

Travis

PS- Jeffrey is not spelled b-i-t-c-h.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/03/13
You know good and well if it was welfare "benefits" that was cut, there would be rioting in the streets in every major city in this country....

and I am sure that just because >99.9999 % of the people rioting would be those of "color" would be shear coincidence...

and then the liberal left whiteys would be screaming racism just to fuel the fires...
Posted By: ingwe Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/03/13
Slow day?

You boys oughta be ashamed of yourselves, picking on the village idiot...
Originally Posted by ingwe
Slow day?

You boys oughta be ashamed of yourselves, picking on the village idiot...

She started it...

Travis
Posted By: RichardAustin Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/03/13
Travis this is no joke. Because of the sequester 1/2 the earth went dark last night, and its going to keep happening until obama gets his money.
Posted By: HawkI Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/03/13
Don't be an idiot, Trav. Yeah, this guy voted for a certified gun grabber and vetted commie. I was cutting metal when you were on mom's teat and that's a fact. I was running my first business AND working another job (yep, building things in a shop, among other stuff) when you were in elementary school.But you have prolly shot more critters at age twelve than ole Jeffy has at present, in his forties.

Now go have a mid-day drink with ol' Three-Leg and you guys can regale us with how Awesome you are.The most awesome "hard worker" that can't cut up a deer, nor prepare meat at eighty degrees;

Anyway no way I was huffing all the way UP to the tent to get it that day.... it was mid-afternoon, and 80 degrees, I went straight to the deer and gutted him and dragged him 50 yards to some shade. The next day I went back to buttress up the shade but a day old, stiff, dirty (dragged) buck with his tongue hanging out and dull eyes wasn't seeming very photogenic so I didn't.

Don't worry.....no one will tell the kids when you dig out the package marked "chops" to put on the greel and its "aged" buck junk....

Everyone will be silent in awe of your rugged accomplishments...

Originally Posted By: Jeff_O
Split the pelvis and left it all propped open. There were flies galore, it was dusty, and there wasn't really anything to hang it from.

You think it was a mistake to leave the skin on? It was a first for me but I didn't see much to be gained by skinning at that time and once skinned, the flies and ants were going to be all over him right through the bag.

Exactly how 0bama has handled the sequester.....

Posted By: Steelhead Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/03/13
She's the only broad I know that couldn't cut it as a realtor.
Not his fault and totally asbestos and market related...

Emphasis on not his fault....never is.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Vaginal infection oozing and smelling is a problem workin with clients.
Posted By: prm Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/03/13
This is not a good thing. The DoD can absorb cuts, it cannot do so in the manner being dictated by continuing resolutions followed by this sequestration legislation.

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2013/...gs-grounded-8-deployments-canned-030313/
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Travis this is no joke. Because of the sequester 1/2 the earth went dark last night, and its going to keep happening until obama gets his money.

Earth went dark in 2008. Thanks Jeffrey!

Travis
"drunken" is that ALL you have? I just don't have a retort for that, but do carry one making excuses whilst I enjoy my Sunday...
Originally Posted by prm
This is not a good thing. The DoD can absorb cuts, it cannot do so in the manner being dictated by continuing resolutions followed by this sequestration legislation.

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2013/...gs-grounded-8-deployments-canned-030313/

Thanks again Jeffrey!

Travis
Hawk,

Not much funnier than a woman explaining all her real world "experience" to me...

Travis

Mama got his back. Thankfully, that income wasn't part of the cuts so our resident BJ Queen decided it right proper to explain the sequester to us.

Travis
Happens all the time...

"Can you deliver something to XYZ town?"

"Hell no, its and hour away and an hour back"

"Whatever, it's only an inch away on the map; its not that far"......
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/03/13
Considering the trillion dollar annual deficit the government is running, I don't understand why it thinks that a cut in spending is a threat.

So,...some government employees are going to lose a job,..

Big damn deal.

I can't afford to pay 'em anyway.
Put your logic aside and go totally emotional.

I'll contend the WRONG government employees will lose jobs; the ones I can't afford to pay are the ones with hard-ons for grabbing guns and spending more money...
Posted By: poboy Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/03/13
For every dollar cut somebody has to die - Democrat playbook.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/03/13
Originally Posted by HawkI

I'll contend the WRONG government employees will lose jobs; the ones I can't afford to pay are the ones with hard-ons for grabbing guns and spending more money...

I drive on the roads and get my mail delivered.

That's all that the Federal government does for me,...and I'm damn sure I could get it done a lot cheaper by the private sector than what I pay in taxes.

Send 'em home.

I can't afford 'em.
Originally Posted by Bristoe

I drive on the roads and get my mail delivered.

That's all that the Federal government does for me,...and I'm damn sure I could get it done a lot cheaper by the private sector than what I pay in taxes.

Send 'em home.

I can't afford 'em.

Your government loves and cares about you......
Posted By: Bulletbutt Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/03/13
Hey Sir, I've been meaning to ask you; how's that job going with 21st Century Insurance? That is you, isn't it? You look cool in those white coveralls and the red hardhat.
If not, sorry for the mixup; I only mean it as a compriment.
That's not him....

But this is, Jewfro and all....

Got it??!!!
Posted By: wageslave Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/03/13
[quote=Jeff_O]

Travis

You mean the lathe *I* bought with proceeds from liquidating a different business? It's awesome! Love it!

Translation.....He sold all his d!ldos, lipstick, ass lube, hi-heels and teddys.
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/03/13

Don't be an idiot, Trav. I was cutting metal when you were on mom's teat and that's a fact. I was running my first business AND working another job (yep, building things in a shop, among other stuff) when you were in elementary school.

Now go have a mid-day drink with ol' Three-Leg and you guys can regale us with how Awesome you are. I've got work to do.

B!tch.
[/quote]

I was cutting metal when you were on mom's teat and did not know what a GIB was until very , very recently. Self perceived metalsmith, me.

Fixed, .....WAY more accurate now.

Moron breeds with a sick Turkey,........
it's offspring goes off on very untruthful, self deluded TANGENT.

Gotta say I'm tempted to post the obsequious Pms you bombarded me with about machine tools, and your general ignorance thereof, just last year, JO.

REALLY tempted,....Mr "Cut by the Chip".

Put the pedal down, and I WILL turn THAT chit loose.

Christ on a crutch you're a bombastic bag of [bleep]' WIND !

GTC

Time for some JeffObama the prevaricator redux:
Originally Posted by jwp475

Sweet Louise, Jeff can't even count, nor tell the truth. Can't stomach a liar and an idiot.

Here is more of his MAGIC math in motion

[quote=Jeff_O]

Other that THAT <grin>, I didn't learn much this year. Got my buck opening day, didn't hunt my doe tag due to all the elk in the freezer, so I really didn't deer hunt much.

The above is ONE in 2008 season

The only deer I have hunted is blacktails. Killed about... 22 of them I think now. But who's counting. smile

I may be hunting a primo mule deer tag this year. I have the points, it's just whether I want to do it this year or not. To be honest- I'm a little skeered <grin>! I know how to kill a blacktail every year... not so sure I know how to kill a mule deer in the sage & juniper.

[quote=Steelhead]Wow, JO's count had increased by 6 in a year, lots of Oregon tags.

Just for the record, Steelhead is lying here. Surprise.

Should say, I've drawn 17 DEER tags and filled 16. Damn elk have my number. I don't want to talk about elk tags. :-)

So from June 2008 till April 2010 you've killed 6 more blacktails? Tough keeping up with the lies ain't is asswipe

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/2273717/3

So he killed another 6, in 2 hunting seasons. Of course the very top quote says he only killed 1 in the 2008 Season

Steelhead's quote of my comment made me go count horns on my Wall of Dinks <g>. Indeed, I'd killed 16-17 in June '08 when I posted that. Killed 4 since then (2 bucks, 2 does). So I've actually killed 20-21 blacktails. Hunting, that is; killed a couple more also with a gun. I'd say that's "about... 22" of them, as I said, or close enough for me.

In the early 2000's Oregon was still issuing "additional" doe tags, so IF you had access to the mostly private land units (Central Melrose was the one I had access to), where they issued those extra tags, you could get 3 tags total for the year. Which I did several times, and only didn't fill all three one time.

But for Pete's sake... really? REALLY?! All horned up over this [bleep]? After all... it's not like Steelhead never messes up a number by a bit. wink

Now he says he's shot 2 each in the 2008 and 2009 season, and says 1 buck and 1 doe in the 2008 season. He also says he didn't hunt his doe tag in the 2008 season.

The lies never cease from JO, but who is really surprised.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._Barnes_TSX_TTSX_Changing_th#Post4943202
Posted By: deflave Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/04/13
"drunken" is that ALL you have? I just don't have a retort for that, but do carry one making excuses whilst I enjoy my Sunday...

I think it's hilarious he thinks being drunk is a bad thing.

What [bleep]' planet do these chicks come from?

Travis

Moron breeds with a sick Turkey,........
it's offspring goes off on very untruthful, self deluded TANGENT.

Gotta say I'm tempted to post the obsequious Pms you bombarded me with about machine tools, and your general ignorance thereof, just last year, JO.

REALLY tempted,....Mr "Cut by the Chip".

Put the pedal down, and I WILL turn THAT chit loose.

Christ on a crutch you're a bombastic bag of [bleep]' WIND !

GTC

oops,

You know a gal is pissed when they equate age with "experience."

Travis
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/04/13
They wanted 20,..made from 304 stainless,..a bad day at the Hardinge.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/04/13

[Linked Image]

I certainly, and earnestly PRAY , that you don't have an oozing sore on your widdle cheek, from going so far out into harm's way, cutting that stuff.

First it was ....." sometimes the chip cut's you."

Now it's "oozing sores / burns on my cheek".

Some people should work with systems that do not harm them, and would be well advised to AVOID systems that DO. I think we may have one here,....the OP.

[bleep] me with a chicken, the poor dear had to run a lathe on Sunday.

GTC
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/04/13

[Linked Image]

I certainly, and earnestly PRAY , that you don't have an oozing sore on your widdle cheek, from going so far out into harm's way, cutting that stuff.

Nah,...machine shops pretty much stopped making me bleed about 5 years into it.

,...all part of the process.
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/04/13
Hey, I cut 304 all afternoon and didn't bleed a' once! However, fixing the dryer did make me bleed; bastids don't deburr a thing inside those things. Brutal. Sleeved a pulley wheel with bronze. GTG for another 30 years.

Still can't figure out where my cobalt F drill went though. 304 is more fun with cobalt/carbide than HSS.

So a customer had a beef with a waterjetter on some big 304 drops that didn't get returned. Waterjetter finally agreed to make some parts in compensation. I get those parts to do the machine work on them. Yesterday I went at it. I don't know WHAT stainless they used (something they had around one supposes) but that stuff ate my carbide. Cost me 3 insert tips in about 2 hours.

I'm just guessing, but I don't think it was a machining-grade of stainless. smile
Ok, read the last page. What a buncha Poopy Pete's!

Note to self: when the Tea Party forces a liberal Democratic president into spending cuts, I mean let's call them cuts just for grins, it freaks Jorge, Scott, Hawk, and Travis all out and they stamp their feets and pitch a fit and do anything they can to change the subject and avoid admitting they LOVES them some big government!

Seems odd--- but hey, I'm a big believer in freedom and liberty (certainly more than any of YOU Poopy Pete's!), so you are free to be whatever you need to be, if it makes you feel all warm & fuzzy, with my blessing. Smooch!

In the fullness of time, I hope you will come to celebrate Happy Sequester Day with me. We'll cut some T304, get really drunk, since y'all are anyway, and Trav can tell us about...... well, you know. It'll be a tradition!
Note to self: when the Tea Party forces a liberal Democratic president into spending cuts, I mean let's call them cuts just for grins, it freaks Jorge, Scott, Hawk, and Travis all out and they stamp their feets and pitch a fit and do anything they can to change the subject and avoid admitting they LOVES them some big government!
You must mean that HawkI fellow. Not only am I happy with the cuts in planned increases, I'd like to see drastic real cuts in spending, including whole departments closed down.
Yep. Hawk1.

Hawk1 of all the rugged hunts he posts up. Like this:

And this:

And THIS! Not for the faint of heart:

Laffin
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/04/13
[Linked Image]
Ok, read the last page. What a buncha Poopy Pete's!

Seems odd--- but hey, I'm a big believer in freedom and liberty (certainly more than any of YOU Poopy Pete's!), so you are free to be whatever you need to be, if it makes you feel all warm & fuzzy, with my blessing. Smooch!

In the fullness of time, I hope you will come to celebrate Happy Sequester Day with me. We'll cut some T304, get really drunk, since y'all are anyway, and Trav can tell us about...... well, you know. It'll be a tradition!

Jeffrey,

You MUST pray for two things:

1.) Mama keeps loaning you coin.

2.) Mama's coin keeps flowin' from the Fed...

Keep votin' for the D-Card you sober little lesbian.

Travis
Sober?! Who you callin' sober?

Ok, now I'm mad.
Posted By: HawkI Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/04/13
Shot a mulie at that rock wall (not in the ass)....and it was in the seventies, temp wise. Rock wall= Point A Place pic was taken= Point B

Hint: Deer walked back WITH me...and passed on the sunbathing, dry cure, fly rub and the three day spa.

[Linked Image]

How you vote sure hasn't hurt your imagination...but nice try.
P.S. Look up what a special-ed aide makes, stoopid. Or just ask one of your former ones next time you run into them.

I'm starting to think that your whole gig.... your schtick as it were.... is to always say everything exactly untrue? Because, dude, literally everything you keep tossing at me is about as exactly wrong as is possible.

Man, that's a mindphuck. I'll need to parse out your posts more carefully.
Shot a mulie at that rock wall (not in the ass)....and it was in the seventies, temp wise. Rock wall= Point A Place pic was taken= Point B

Hint: Deer walked back WITH me...and passed on the sunbathing, dry cure, fly rub and the three day spa.

[Linked Image]

Snork. Nice grassy hills there, tuff guy!
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/04/13
[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UMUlWbO1rhk[/video]
Posted By: HawkI Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/04/13
Nice way to find excuses to leave a carcass lying around for days, azzhat!

So with the "grassy hills" and all is that what, a day and a half for you?

Hint: Responding to yourself is the definition of "mindphuck".

Carry on...

Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/04/13
[Linked Image]
That's faint of something, but certainly not heart! sick
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/04/13
You're so full of schitt from all that fudgepacking your eyes must be bulging. Show me WHERE I said I was against these or any cuts? If you had half a brain, you'd be dangerous. I've been advocating FOR EVER, significant (albeit correct) cuts to the DoD budget, elimination/reduction of many of our overseas commitments, Departments of Energy and Education to name just a few.

So here we have YOU, that voted for the biggest proponent of expanding government IN HISTORY and you say WE are whinning about cuts? You need to stop lying and quit embarrasing yourself. And "Poopy Petes"? GMAFB, how limp writsted can one get!
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/04/13
You're so full of schitt from all that fudgepacking your eyes must be bulging. Show me WHERE I said I was against these or any cuts? If you had half a brain, you'd be dangerous. I've been advocating FOR EVER, significant (albeit correct) cuts to the DoD budget, elimination/reduction of many of our overseas commitments, Departments of Energy and Education to name just a few.

So here we have YOU, that voted for the biggest proponent of expanding government IN HISTORY and you say WE are whinning about cuts? You need to stop lying and quit embarrasing yourself. And "Poopy Petes"? GMAFB, how limp writsted can one get!
Like HawkI, I fear that the cuts will be made where we can least withstand it, to the jobs that are the most crucial to our system, the worthiest of our system and to the people that are most deserving of those jobs.

The ATF is the first whole department that should go just as TRH said. As we speak they are running black ops against us, the American people, stealing from us and trying to figure out how to disarm us so they can do so even more efficiently.
P.S. Look up what a special-ed aide makes, stoopid. Or just ask one of your former ones next time you run into them.

I'm starting to think that your whole gig.... your schtick as it were.... is to always say everything exactly untrue? Because, dude, literally everything you keep tossing at me is about as exactly wrong as is possible.

Man, that's a mindphuck. I'll need to parse out your posts more carefully.

Jeffrey,

Are these tears directed at me? You get to squallin' and it can be hard to keep track.

No mindphucking here. It is simply a virtual campfire. And if you were sitting around a campfire, and speaking as stupidly as you do, I would point out the fact that you are supported by a woman, and her income allows you to play "new career" every couple years.

Now you just settle yourself down, young lady. It's Monday.

Travis

[Linked Image]

Snork. Nice grassy hills there, tuff guy!

Spoken like a true buffoon.

"snork."

Travis
Posted By: Archerhunter Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/04/13
Like HawkI, I fear that the cuts will be made where we can least withstand it, to the jobs that are the most crucial to our system, the worthiest of our system and to the people that are most deserving of those jobs.

The ATF is the first whole department that should go just as TRH said. As we speak they are running black ops against us, the American people, stealing from us and trying to figure out how to disarm us so they can do so even more efficiently.

And the places where cuts should be made - all the way to zero - won't even be addressed.
Good old boys clubs on both sides of the aisle won't be brought into the light until someone with integrity like Sarah Palin does it. And whoever has that kind of courage will meet MASSIVE resistance from all sides at every level, from the two heads of the serpent nozzles of the douche to the mid level bureaucrats and all the way down to the home grown commies and trust-me-I'm-a-conservatives.

One palm greases the next in the world's largest circle jerk.

This is where financial detonation should occur.

It'd free up millions from unneeded tax burdens, free up millions soon to be born with a 6 digit debt hanging over their heads, and set free millions more free to become worthwhile productive citizens rather than fat, lazy leaches.

Hell, it takes more guts to say it than most have towards actually doing it.
In other words, a little scratchy voiced soccer mom from Alaska is bigger, better, and badder than just darn near everyone else in this country....
Including most of you.

Posted By: HawkI Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/05/13
I'd rather just take the oil and ground our military has been fighting for as payment from the rest of the do-nothing world...especially the Chi-Coms.

They're kinda like some jackass "snorking" because of grass, yet drags a deer fifty yards and leaves it for two more days.

You can't "buttress" enough shade for this steaming heap of BS...

Killed him Saturday, packed my camp out Sunday, packed him out Monday.... then luckily it did get a bit colder at night Tues/Wed so I was able to save myself a 70 mile round trip for blocks of ice. We pulled out Thursday.

Anyway no way I was huffing all the way UP to the tent to get it that day.... it was mid-afternoon, and 80 degrees, I went straight to the deer and gutted him and dragged him 50 yards to some shade. The next day I went back to buttress up the shade

Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/05/13
AND! GASP! I hung the meat for several more days back in base camp, doink. Would have done coolers if necessary but, oh yeah, shade and reasonably cold temps at night and some attention to detail can work just fine.

Ever elk hunt in wilderness areas? Shade is your best friend. Hint.

-------

I'm still all-in on Happy Sequester Day. There's a whole lot better about this, than worse.
Posted By: HawkI Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/05/13
Shooting something and leaving in its pile for a day, dragging it 50 yards and covering it for another isn't "attention to detail" Hint.

Black pepper...cooler (namely ice) is necessary at 80 degrees, but it wouldn't surprise me if you thawed hamburger the same way.
Three [bleep] days....WOW.

De-boning and packing it...a better way to "buttress shade" Hint.
Yeah, you might have had to go up a hill..you might have had to work.

But hey, you got your deer and got it at 520 yards, that's the main thing....

Your "hints" are [bleep] worthless...that's why your such a tool.

Its like the ballot box for you; you go do damage without ever really knowing what the [bleep]'s going on, because its always about you.

Your just another clueless 9 year old with a slingshot...problem is, your what, 40 or 50?

Posted By: deflave Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/05/13
AND! GASP! I hung the meat for several more days back in base camp, doink. Would have done coolers if necessary but, oh yeah, shade and reasonably cold temps at night and some attention to detail can work just fine.

Ever elk hunt in wilderness areas? Shade is your best friend. Hint.

-------

I'm still all-in on Happy Sequester Day. There's a whole lot better about this, than worse.

Laughin'...

Travis
Posted By: wageslave Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/05/13
Shooting something and leaving in its pile for a day, dragging it 50 yards and covering it for another isn't "attention to detail" Hint.

Black pepper...cooler (namely ice) is necessary at 80 degrees, but it wouldn't surprise me if you thawed hamburger the same way.
Three [bleep] days....WOW.

De-boning and packing it...a better way to "buttress shade" Hint.
Yeah, you might have had to go up a hill..you might have had to work.

But hey, you got your deer and got it at 520 yards, that's the main thing....

Your "hints" are [bleep] worthless...that's why your such a tool.

Its like the ballot box for you; you go do damage without ever really knowing what the [bleep]'s going on, because its always about you.

Your just another clueless 9 year old with a slingshot...problem is, your what, 40 or 50?

You can't make this schit up.
The best part is......she'll, still NEVER get it.
Laffin.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 03/05/13
MoRoN's aplenty.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 05/17/19
Let the pigs have it.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 05/17/19
How do you find 6 year old threads? I thought all that existed was a year or two.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Happy Sequester Day! - 05/17/19
There was a spam post that bumped it. Rick nuked it.
© 24hourcampfire