Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Skycop, from the bottom of my heart, I'm sorry you might lose your job, and I'm sorry for the pain and stress that would cause. It sounds like you have a varied and valuable background. There's likely gold to be found there-- think about what you enjoyed doing, and were good at, and consider a move in that direction.

Keep in mind these furloughs and 30-day notices are pure political theater, and you PROBABLY won't lose your job. But it's a good wakeup call.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
It makes me happy that every Federal government department gets an across the board cut.
If only that were the case. You know it's not, right?

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
By the way, take the below in the context that the guy *I* voted for in 2012 would cut all federal government departments by approximately 40% across the board, which would likely include the federal funding for my wife's job.

I'm not unaware of how much it'd suck to shrink the government dramatically. However, it appears that many here are, or were.

DakotaDeer and Matt,

The irony of being beaten up for essentially being politically incorrect and insensitive does not escape me, but here goes.

Please accept my sincere apology for any perceived gloating or reveling. Wasn't my intent. What glee I was expressing was because yes, it makes me happy that every Federal government department gets an across the board cut. Many if not most here have stated that this would be a happy day. I'm of the opinion that in the big picture, it is a happy day. It will get people thinking about the realities of what needs to happen, and what needs to happen, partly, is that a whole bunch of government employees need to find other work. Period! Simple as that.

So to the extent that Sequester Day illustrates and humanizes that, I'm all for it. Also, to the extent that it serves as a wakeup call to .gov employees that they might want to brush up the resume, or at least not treat their career as automatic lifetime employment, that's also a good thing in the big picture.

Please understand that for some of us, who were in positions that turned out to be not so good when this latest financial crises started in '07, it's been 5-6 YEARS of what you are MAYBE going to begin to suffer. I know "welcome to the party" sounds callous but again, if it's a precursor to getting people to see the scale of the problems here, then again in the long term it's a net positive, at least as much as it can be.

Anyone who truly reads what I have said over the last years could only agree that in general I'm very pessimistic about our nation's economic prospects going forwards. I do not believe we get out of this in one piece. I do believe that the standard of living that many have come to take utterly for granted will turn out to be a historical anomaly. Put more bluntly, the party's ending and it's not coming back.

Anyone who truly reads what I have said also knows that it's my belief that BOTH political parties, and in fact the electorate ourselves, bear responsibility for where we are. I reject the notion that this is Obama's fault. That's pure partisanship. We'd be in essentially the same position if he'd never been elected, because all the political class has been doing, R and D alike, is kicking the can down the road. Well, we are running out of road. And I am EMBARRASED for my brethren on the 'Fire who are so blinded by partisanship that they cannot even acknowledge what a disaster GWB was, how his dumbphuckitude led us to this specific spot in history, as well as what a disaster Obama has been. Truly embarrassed, and frankly, the dumbphuckitude of the Republican Right is one of the reasons that I'm so pessimistic about things in general. That most here see them as a solution is a sign of how truly screwed we are.

Finally, I again apologize for my callousness and lack of sensitivity. May I suggest a few things based on my own personal experience these last few years.

-cut back on anything optional YESTERDAY. You cannot afford to do ANYTHING. Don't kid yourself.

-figure out your next move and begin aggressively moving that direction. That may mean a very aggressive move towards retraining, or a business startup, or job-hunting. Do it NOW. Do not wait until you are ground down.

-if you can't hang onto your house, acknowledge that and don't let it keep bleeding you. A mortgage is a contract between buyer and lender. Within the terms, is explicit language specifying the consequences of nonpayment. They signed too! Giving the house back to the bank is within the terms of the contract. Business is business. Take care of business.

-stop believing that if only we vote Republican, everything will be ok. It won't. Nobody can deny that we've been given fair warning; the curtain is pulled back, we see the almighty Oz, ain't. Our political class are crooks who are beholden to things other than the citizenry's well-being. Realize this, and prepare accordingly.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Earth to Jeff. Earth to Jeff. Do you read? Over.

S
S
I think Obama has to own this, but of course he won't. I think he suggested this sequester knowing full well it would come to this. His only mistake was thinking he could scare the Republicans into caving in. He bluffed and got called on it. I fully blame Obama, because the House passed a measure to give him control over what to cut. He could have done what was right for the country, but instead he chose the path that would do the most harm just to prove a political point. Hey, it was all his idea and he is the president, but he sure as hell isn't going to let anyone put the responsibility of deciding what to cut on his head! WTF... As the president, it is his job to try to bring both parties together to solve our nations problems. His 'my way or the highway' approach didn't work out this time, and people are going to suffer.
My family will suffer starting April 1. You bet your ass I blame him.

IC B2

S
S
Jeff_O, I appreciate the sentiments. You are right, if anything it has been a wake up call. Working somewhere for 14 years will give you a false sense of security. I always thought that if I came to work and did my job well that it would always be there. That secure feeling is forever gone. It is just a shock to have to totally reevaluate your life and make major changes on such short notice. Especially when it's not on your terms. I would welcome a furlough or 20% pay cut; anything over total job loss. It's not only losing my job, but the fact that there are no jobs in my field to go to. I am too old to work for the FAA; they won't hire anyone over 31. If they close all 100 towers like they say they are, it will not only eliminate 100 possible places of employment, but it will put hundreds of controllers searching for what few job openings that may come available in the future. In this business it is like most others; it is all about who you know, and unfortunately for me, I don't know anyone...

Even if I somehow manage to keep my job, I will be saving and working towards going back to school for a more marketable skill.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here the government is cutting expenditures and it appears that it is Obama's fault? The work 'fault' is the one I am confused about. Cutting expenditures is a GOOD thing. The fact that it is with a shotgun instead of a scapel is not the best way, but it is better then NO cuts.

So that means it would be to Obama's credit. Which it isn't due to him anyway.

The government, particularly the federal government needs to cut back a good bit more then this. If this is the way they have to do it.

So stop getting lost in 'Obama sucks' arguements.

The goverment is going to have to cut their costs. This means they are going to have to cut services, and someone isn't going to like any cuts that get made. Politicians cannot make decisions when they upset someone.

So here's a toast to the sequester. I am sorry for any hardship it causes anyone. But. hopefully this is just the first roll back.

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Skycop, thanks for being so gracious.

I'm standing here next to 5000 pounds of machine letting a spindle warm up before I start cutting. I haven't taken a day off in over a month. I'll put in 6-8 hours today and do it again tomorrow (Sunday). My feet hurt, I've got an oozing burn on my face from a hot chip of T304, my back is locked up, but I'm happy to be out here. This is my new career post-2007-apocalypse. smile

On the more positive flipside, in the last month-ish, I've put over $10k into my account receivables (now I just need to get PAID!).

I failed to see the writing on the wall and wasted a couple years hoping things would get back to "normal" when things went to [bleep]. I'm still paying for that, in every way, from purely financial to marital to you name it.

It is my fervent belief that we, America, have run our accounts dry. All of them. There's no "next boom" to save us. The [bleep] is beginning to hit the fan, and it's real, it's here, and POLITICIANS with a D or R before their name will not be solving this. Nor will name-calling between the citizenry. In fact, it's my belief it's not solvable. Things are going to get worse, perhaps much worse, and that's just how it is.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I truly hate seeing upright folks hurt, but when we believe "make believe" it never ends well.

Further, this is only a glimpse.

Godspeed.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What's happening is the money is running out and the government ain't taking any cuts to their salaries...the "government" being anybody who actually has a say.

Y'all shoulda' voted for Ron Paul. Hate to say we told you so.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Sure Jeff, as long as it does not affect your job - but it does mine. Of course mine is one of those unnessary federal jobs that we don't need - advising wounded warriors of all their options for when they get put out of the Army because of their injuries. I will be furloughed thanks to folks like you who voted for the dumbass in charge.

Hell, we only have 46 million on food stamps now, surely there is someone we can cut off of gov't support rather than hurt folks that actually work for a living.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I'm standing here next to 5000 pounds of machine letting a spindle warm up before I start cutting. I haven't taken a day off in over a month. I'll put in 6-8 hours today and do it again tomorrow (Sunday). My feet hurt, I've got an oozing burn on my face from a hot chip of T304, my back is locked up, but I'm happy to be out here. This is my new career post-2007-apocalypse. smile

On the more positive flipside, in the last month-ish, I've put over $10k into my account receivables (now I just need to get PAID!).

I failed to see the writing on the wall and wasted a couple years hoping things would get back to "normal" when things went to [bleep]. I'm still paying for that, in every way, from purely financial to marital to you name it.

It is my fervent belief that we, America, have run our accounts dry. All of them. There's no "next boom" to save us. The [bleep] is beginning to hit the fan, and it's real, it's here, and POLITICIANS with a D or R before their name will not be solving this. Nor will name-calling between the citizenry. In fact, it's my belief it's not solvable. Things are going to get worse, perhaps much worse, and that's just how it is.

Laughin' my ass off.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
By the way, take the below in the context that the guy *I* voted for in 2012 would cut all federal government departments by approximately 40% across the board, which would likely include the federal funding for my wife's job.

I'm not unaware of how much it'd suck to shrink the government dramatically. However, it appears that many here are, or were.

Yeah, the job that enables you to jump from one job to the next and be a stay at home mom. Yet you start a thread gloating about hard working Americans losing household income. Yes Jeffrey, you were gloating. I don't care how deep you put Skycop's dick in your throat, you were gloating.

And the government is not being shrunk "dramatically". It's being increased.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shreck
The sequester gives us...$58 million was cut in salaries and expenses at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives.

So there's that.

What do you bet that they reduce the manpower of the NICS portion of the department? (Maybe it won't matter since the supplies of stuff one can buy is presently getting, or has gotten, thin.)

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Slidellkid
Sure Jeff, as long as it does not affect your job - but it does mine. Of course mine is one of those unnessary federal jobs that we don't need - advising wounded warriors of all their options for when they get put out of the Army because of their injuries. I will be furloughed thanks to folks like you who voted for the dumbass in charge.

Hell, we only have 46 million on food stamps now, surely there is someone we can cut off of gov't support rather than hurt folks that actually work for a living.
The reason we have so many folks on food stamps (during the Great Depression, they'd be on long lines for soup kitchens instead) is that the banks, the big corporations, and the government (all three of which groups are members of the state) have crashed the economy and then harvested the wealth for themselves. But this sort of thing is merely the nature of the unbridled state, which is why the Founders tied the state down with the chains of the Constitution. But those chains have been snapped one by one to the point the national state no longer perceives any limits to what it can do in the way of self-aggrandizement. The members of the national state now use its powers to quite literally rob non-state members (regular folks who aren't banking or corporate elites, elected officials in high office, or high level government appointees) without fear of consequences.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
You know things are in bad shape when Obama beats 600 billion in new taxes out of Republicians, then cries Sky Is Falling when 45 billion in expected increases are enacted. Not cuts in spending, we are still going to spend Billions more this year than last but just a few increases that aren't going to happen on schedule.

The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

Yeah, the job that enables you to jump from one job to the next and be a stay at home mom. Yet you start a thread gloating about hard working Americans losing household income. Yes Jeffrey, you were gloating. I don't care how deep you put Skycop's dick in your throat, you were gloating.

And the government is not being shrunk "dramatically". It's being increased.

Travis

Are you daft? Clearly, I was referring to the 40% cuts I mentioned.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Moron continues showing its' azz.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

It is my fervent belief that we, America, have run our accounts dry. All of them. There's no "next boom" to save us. The [bleep] is beginning to hit the fan, and it's real, it's here, and POLITICIANS with a D or R before their name will not be solving this. Nor will name-calling between the citizenry. In fact, it's my belief it's not solvable. Things are
going to get worse, perhaps much worse, and that's just how it is.

The schet was hitting the fan long before you wasted a couple years waiting for it to return to normal. Like the other socialized masses of sheepeople you had your head stuck in the dirt while the Shepard convinced you that compromising American ideals and the constitution was "normal" for the greater good. You think the socialization of this country is something new? Its been creeping in for many years conditioning week minded fools.

Nothing is going to change for the better until the citizenry is hungry and the realization of what they have done to themselves sets in. Hopefully at that time a revolution reinstalls the American constitution and the Republic.

By the way, you sure that it's not a vaginal infection that is oozing?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
The Demos (demolition?) are promising this:

[Linked Image]

Those who believe there is safety in numbers never heard of Auschwitz- Me

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (12344mag, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 53 invisible), 1,630 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,993
Posts18,520,267
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.