Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
jryoung Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
I didn't pull out the chrono yesterday but hope to next weekend when I keep going. I sent these pics to Eddief and he was suprised that a FF shot this well.

Wanted: Vintage Remington or Winchester hats, patches, shirts. PM me if you have something.

GB1

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
A 26" long, #2 contour barrel that shoots really good is a thing to behold, period.

All I can do is chamber, true and assemble to benchrest standards and give it the best bedding job possible. The rest is up to the barrel itself and the shooter.

I'm glad this one went to a good shooter:)

Heck, I almost want one myself now...guess I'll have to bug you guys for some loads if I do.

Eddie Fosnaugh
www.fosnaughcustoms.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JR-to date, I've not seen a Mash barrel that wouldn't bug hole with the 139 Horn flat base and 4350 load. It's a heck of a load and has long been my go to FF load.

It's got more than enough gas to do most all we do as well.

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who knows,one of these days you may even get an invite to the "Dober Dawg Invitational" bear hunt for members of the Smashburn Society... cool

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by eddief
A 26" long, #2 contour barrel that shoots really good is a thing to behold, period.

All I can do is chamber, true and assemble to benchrest standards and give it the best bedding job possible. The rest is up to the barrel itself and the shooter.

My smith in New Hampshire says the same thing... grin "They ain't supposed to shot like that!"(He's a match shooter).I tell him...."Well, you installed it! Why wouldn't it!?" smile

Myself, I hit on using a #2 or something close back in the early 80's when Butch Searcy built me a 7mm magnum and I told him this was a hunting rifle,and I had to carry this thing in elk and mule deer country up to 10,000 feet and did not want a heavy rifle.I had to send the rifle back twice before I called Butch and said...."What I want,is a 270 type contour at 24"'s".

Butch finally "got it" and the little rifle weighed 7.5 pounds scoped and grouped super. Barrel was a Krieger,and I have never had a 7 mag with a heavier contour since.I find a good quality cut rifle tube, stressed relieved,works somewhat better in general than a button barrel,but have had good Douglas tubes as well.

For me,a #2 Krieger is SOP for a 7RM or Mashburn.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
IC B2

J
jryoung Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Oohhh, that sounds like fun so long as the neophyte initiation isn't too brutal. I need to get my "bruin ruin" on and commence a copper feeding program.

Wanted: Vintage Remington or Winchester hats, patches, shirts. PM me if you have something.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

BY Gosh, if all we got to do is build a mashburn to hunt with the great bear guide,,,,im gonna build two,,,

i got a #3 brux on the way be here next week,,, got it from bugholes, he had them in stock,,,,

Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
Who knows,one of these days you may even get an invite to the "Dober Dawg Invitational" bear hunt for members of the Smashburn Society... cool

Dober

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by 300stw

BY Gosh, if all we got to do is build a mashburn to hunt with the great bear guide,,,,im gonna build two,,,

i got a #3 brux on the way be here next week,,, got it from bugholes, he had them in stock,,,,

Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski

Dober

Lol...me too

J
jryoung Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
300stw - did you get a reamer?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not yet

IC B3

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

161 members (2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 45_100, 26 invisible), 2,120 guests, and 1,030 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,704
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.