Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
I picked up a used Nikon Monarch that was missing the turret caps!!!!!!! Called Nikon about buying some new ones... They told me they would not sell them to me, However they would be happy to send them to me... at No charge. Thanks Nikon.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Glad it all worked out for you KMN !
Nikon has gone to great lengths to improve Customer relation's with excellent service. Thanks for taking the time to post your experience.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
My dog just chewed the eye piece of my old 9x25 Travellight binocular so I sent them in to see what Nikon would do. I figured if the repair cost wasn't to much I would have them fixed for a cheap truck binocular. They Emailed me a repair cost of around $20 including return shipping so I told them to go ahead and fix them. A couple days later I was Emailed a work order showing that they fixed my 7x20 binocular. I emailed them a picture of the box showing that they were 9x25 and not 7x30. A couple days later I was sent a brand new pair of 10x25's. Somehow they must have lost my 9x25's so they sent me a new pair. I wasn't expecting or asking for a new pair but I'm happy with the outcome.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Nice. I like Nikon. I just had to order new eyecaps for my Leica Trinovid. Only $39.95. frown

Leica is good stuff, but Nikon - I like those guys.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a older pre Monark scope into Nikon as we speak for some tune up. they really went to bat for me a couple years ago on an issue i had with another older scope and they really sold me on their customer service. both these scopes BTW i bought used and when i explained to Nikon how i came about them they told me not to worry, it doesn't matter. they replaced the first scope for me with a Monarch even though the issue with the old scope was from the previous owners mistake. Good people at Nikon.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Well, the leupy snobs say Nikon customer service sucks.... whistle...I actually prefer my Nikon's over any Leupold scope and I haven't had to use their CS either...Hmmm...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Well, the leupy snobs say Nikon customer service sucks.... whistle...I actually prefer my Nikon's over any Leupold scope and I haven't had to use their CS either...Hmmm...

I had some problems with a D40 camera and in my opinion their customer service sucks.....I'm not a snob...and only an example of one...

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by AFTERUM

I had some problems with a D40 camera and in my opinion their customer service sucks.....I'm not a snob...and only an example of one...

I thought we were talking rifle scopes, not electronics (digital camera's)...

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Customer Service is Customer service no matter what it is. If they give you better service for outdoor stuff than they do for the other products they sell, than those departments need to do a better job.

Swifty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I also have had nothing but good service from the Nikon service department.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

might wanna read the title of the thread again......

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
About 4 yrs ago I bought a new Monarch that came with both turret caps with large portions of flaked finish leaving bright aluminum showing. I called Nikon they told me I could buy replacements or return to retailer. I told them I bought it online and it would cost me $$ to send it back and I didn't feel it should cost me anything since I'd already paid for a new scope. They didn't care. So now I no longer care about Nikon.

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
I presently own nothing made by Nikon but have in the past owned Monarch ATB 8x42 binos and a couple of Monarch 3-9x40 rifle scopes.

I was leary when I bought my scopes because a friend of mine had a bad experience with a pre-Monarch 3-9x40 scope and Nikon wouldn't touch it as far as "warranty service" was concerned. There wasn't a mark on the scope(it looked brand new), it simply wouldn't hold zero.

Having said that, my Monarch scopes were some of the most reliable scopes I ever owned(used on a 270WSM and a 7mm Rem Mag). Only reason I got rid of them was that I found I liked Leupold's less-critical eye relief better. Oh, and also didn't care for the gawdy, shiny gold emblem on Nikon's windage turret caps.

But, their customer service seems to have improved over the years.

Unfortunately, Nikon's present line of Monarch scopes doesn't interest me in the least because they are just plain ugly, IMO.

Leftybolt

Last edited by leftybolt; 03/12/13.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
bman940,

Didn't know you were on 24hr or I might have contacted you first.
On 1/15/2013 I also called Nikon about a replacement turret cover for a ProStaff 3-9x40 and received an email response (ref #130115-001093). I supplied the serial no. of the scope as requested. I have heard nothing since.

A couple years ago I contacted service & was advised I could send in my old armored IF 8x30 binos to get the rubber eyecups replaced. I was later contacted for approval to charge a reasonable fee for this repair, which I approved. I received a new pair of binoculars of significantly lesser value, instead of the repaired binos as promised. When I called service about this they said I should be happy to get the new ones since they were unable to repair my old ones. The old binos held sentimental value to me so I told them I would return the new ones and I wanted the old ones back (they functioned perfectly, the eyecups were just useless). I was informed that the binos I had sent in were "no longer available".

I am a Nikon camera guy through & through but have never had an issue with one so no experience with CS in that area.

I am happy to pay for a new cap, since I lost the old one. But haven't been given the opportunity one way or another.

Chuck

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

might wanna read the title of the thread again......

Yep, it's in the "hunting optics" forum. You do the math... whistle When it comes to digital camera's, I use them and when they go tits up I chit can them and not piss and moan to the manufacture..Do they offer a lifetime warranty on their cameras too?

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
actually, you know nothing about the warranty on my camera, what happened to it, or whether I pissed or moaned...YOU do the math...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Elk/Chuck, Send me your contact info and I will see what I can do to get you a new turret cap. Hopefully it won't be to big of a deal, it's all about availability.
Bart

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
PM sent, thanks Bart

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
guys an update on my older, japan made pre-monarch 1.5-4.5x20 scope. they are repacing it with a new 1-4x20 Monarch African. so much for someone saying they don't warantee older pre monarch scopes. Nikon has really stepped up for me on this one especially considering the original owner abused the crap out of it. for the record i told them at nikon i bought it used and was not the original owner.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Update!!!!! received the turret covers today....Ordered sunday.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 46 invisible), 2,296 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,643
Posts18,493,327
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.