Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Gun show this weekend and I'm planning on looking at some .32acp pocket guns for times when I really don't want to know it's there. Now I don't know crap about the good, the bad and the ugly of these guns except what I've seen on some recent threads (here and elsewhere). Asking as much for what to avoid as what to get. About the only thing I do know is PPK's, 1903's, CZ's, etc are too big for what I'm wanting (which sorry to say also crosses revolvers off my list frown cept the Mini's which I have trouble using with any efficiency)

What say you?

GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Kel-Tec is good. Check out local gun stores, too. I often see a used one in .32, tucked between a couple in .380.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Seriously, a Ruger LCP is very hard to notice its there

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
-Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Having carried a Kel-Tec P32 (.32 Auto) in my front jeans pocket for a few years, I'd recommend getting either the Kel-Tec P3AT or Ruger LCP, both .380's.

Reasons are:
Size difference is negligible, where the P32 disappears into a pocket so will either .380.
.380 gives a little more oomph.
Disregarding the current ammo shortages, even in "normal" times .32 ammo is more scarce than .380 and is much more expensive due to the lesser demand.

My current pocket pistol is a Kahr CM9 - Concealed Micro 9 - and it technically does fit into my pocket but it is definitely larger than either of the .380's mentioned.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Having carried a Kel-Tec P32 (.32 Auto) in my front jeans pocket for a few years, I'd recommend getting either the Kel-Tec P3AT or Ruger LCP, both .380's.

Reasons are:
Size difference is negligible, where the P32 disappears into a pocket so will either .380.
.380 gives a little more oomph.
Disregarding the current ammo shortages, even in "normal" times .32 ammo is more scarce than .380 and is much more expensive due to the lesser demand.

My current pocket pistol is a Kahr CM9 - Concealed Micro 9 - and it technically does fit into my pocket but it is definitely larger than either of the .380's mentioned.

Jim hit all of the points I was going to type..... <g>

A P3AT with Buffalo Bore +P+ 100gr FNHC's in a significant weapon, dissapears into about any pocket, and is tough and reliable. No reason to go with a .32 whn 380's are the same size and the Buff BOre ammo makes them into a whole 'nutha ani-mule.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B2

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
While I have all the pocket pistol peps in one spot how accessable is a weapon concealed in your front pocket? I can understand how it is great to carry it there but what about getting to it in a dynamic confrontation? Can you get to it if your running, on the ground etc? Forgive me if this sounds basic but I have never carried in a pocket and have always gone with something inside the waist of at least a glock 19 size. I can only imagine being on the ground or otherwise having a leg bent up and blocking access to your piece.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
[quote=Chris Brice]Gun show this weekend and I'm planning on looking at some .32acp pocket guns for times when I really don't want to know it's there. Now I don't know crap about the good, the bad and the ugly of these guns except what I've seen on some recent threads (here and elsewhere). Asking as much for what to avoid as what to get. About the only thing I do know is PPK's, 1903's, CZ's, etc are too big for what I'm wanting (which sorry to say also crosses revolvers off my list frown cept the Mini's which I have trouble using with any efficiency)

What say you?

[/]

Ruger LCP

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They are very difficult to access in a front pants pocket when seated, such as at a table. Not impossible, but you have to straighten your leg to get to it. When entering a car it's better to take it out unobtrusively and have a place to store it with easy access, each vehicle will vary about that.

When walking or standing, however, you can have your hand on the butt of the pistol and it looks like the most natural thing in the world. When your hand comes out the pistol comes out with it.

There are proponents of various types of carry and many of them will try to denigrate every other style except their own. I think each person should assess their own needs and make their own decisions.

I do have a Crossbreed IWB for the Kahr .45 and 9mm's but sometimes the 9mm in the pocket is a better choice for whatever reason. It all depends.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Chris Brice
Gun show this weekend and I'm planning on looking at some .32acp pocket guns for times when I really don't want to know it's there. Now I don't know crap about the good, the bad and the ugly of these guns except what I've seen on some recent threads (here and elsewhere). Asking as much for what to avoid as what to get. About the only thing I do know is PPK's, 1903's, CZ's, etc are too big for what I'm wanting (which sorry to say also crosses revolvers off my list frown cept the Mini's which I have trouble using with any efficiency)

What say you?

The Seecamp is well known to be the Rolls Royce of pocket .32 ACP pistols.

[Linked Image]

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
They are very difficult to access in a front pants pocket when seated, such as at a table. Not impossible, but you have to straighten your leg to get to it. When entering a car it's better to take it out unobtrusively and have a place to store it with easy access, each vehicle will vary about that.

When walking or standing, however, you can have your hand on the butt of the pistol and it looks like the most natural thing in the world. When your hand comes out the pistol comes out with it.

There are proponents of various types of carry and many of them will try to denigrate every other style except their own. I think each person should assess their own needs and make their own decisions.

I do have a Crossbreed IWB for the Kahr .45 and 9mm's but sometimes the 9mm in the pocket is a better choice for whatever reason. It all depends.

Thanks Jim, I had often wondered about access while sitting, especially what to do with it in a vehicle. I have always been uneasy about taking a pistol off me and was wondering how everyone got around that.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
OK, here's the answer.......
[Linked Image]

32 ACP, you can see it has all the holster that is needed attached to it.

Weight's about the same as a Clark bar, not a pocket Pistol, stick in your drawers with the clip.

For maximum results, when some dude has a hold of your shirt, stick in his face and pull the trigger! Repeat as necessary!

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I love my BERETTA 3032, 32 ACP, INOX, 'TOMCAT'.

Not the lightest, not the thinnest ... just the 'best'.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The Seecamp is well known to be the Rolls Royce Rambler Nash of pocket .32 ACP pistols.

Jayzus Christmas, guys! Gimme a farking break here! You're seriously arguing the relative effectiveness of a puzzy caliber like the 32?

Jayzus!

Go do some needlework, gentlemen.

Last edited by DocRocket; 03/12/13. Reason: had to ramp up the sarcasm

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I do dig my .32 ACP. No plans to shoot people with it, though. It's just a fun gun, and its nostalgia factor makes it that much more cool to me. It belonged to my grandfather.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The Seecamp is well known to be the Rolls Royce Rambler Nash of pocket .32 ACP pistols.

Jayzus Christmas, guys! Gimme a farking break here! You're seriously arguing the relative effectiveness of a puzzy caliber like the 32?

Jayzus!

Go do some needlework, gentlemen.

That's just plain ole mean, Doc! Us old ladies gotta have some thing to argue about......

I totally agree on the SeeCamp, though! I had one of the first ones in this area when they first came out & it was Definately a Piece of [bleep] !
Paid $600 big 'ones for it and it was a jamm-omatic deluxe! Sent it back a couple of times to the factory for warranty & it would still jam even with the WW Silvertips it was supposed to feed.
Traded it even steven for a S&W J frame Ti .38 & never looked back!

Have to admit I did buy a KelTec .32 for the old lady several years ago when they first came out. It works flawlessly & is actually quite fun to shoot for a mouse gun cool

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Gimme a farking break here! You're seriously arguing the relative effectiveness of a puzzy caliber like the 32?

Seems that some people here lack any sense of perspective!

If someone else desires a 32 caliber pistol for whatever reason -
Why bless their soul.

They may even get to Heaven sooner ....

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Jim, I carry my PM9 in my pocket now, the LCP works fine but the trigger is not as good as the PM9. Trying to find another Kahr 380. I agree its hard to get out of your pocket when seated, puts you at a disadvantage. Maybe we should keep a 380 in our pocket and the 9mm behind the hip, two is probably a good number. laugh

STA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My little Sig P238 works as a pocket pistol and my XD's is just a little to big for pocket carry.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

randy..
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by varmintsinc

Thanks Jim, I had often wondered about access while sitting, especially what to do with it in a vehicle. I have always been uneasy about taking a pistol off me and was wondering how everyone got around that.

For a vehicle, consider wearing an empty ankle holster to use for the pocket gun when seated in a vehicle. That way you don't have to go with off body carry and accidentally leave it in the car. Restaurants and offices are a different problem, but vehicles are a particular issue because of the seat design and seat belts. In places other than a vehicle, it is not that difficult to slouch a little bit and get a firing grip on the gun while it is in your pocket.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 222ND, 219 Wasp, 55 invisible), 2,564 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,582
Posts18,473,355
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.