Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bwa ha ha ha.

Another post from E, another jab at swaros and their so-called "fogging" problem.

GB1

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
If you don't want to accept the experience of others, that's your call. E

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by killindeer
i have used a pair of nikon monarch 3 the past 2 deer seasons and theyre nice binos but once i upgraded my scope to a swarovski it was easy to see how much better the swaro glass is ...mine are 8x42...dont wanna buy swaro binos due to the price but what is something comparable? was looking at possibly the meopta meostar HD binos...does anyone have these? the nikons just dont do that well once the dark sets in and seem kind of grainy

The Meopta Meostar is a great choice for what you're pondering.
If you stay on the lookout, you can find a used Leica Ultravid (non-HD) in the general ballpark of the new Meopta's.

You might scrub the Cameraland NY demo list for nice savings on quality peepers.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a pair of as-new pentax 10x50 dcf ED,s enroute. I'm looking forward to the comparing with my leica ultravid 10x 42s.
Pentax has really screwed the pooch with sports optics marketing and 'new product entries' but they are sleeper, stellar glass.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by SKane

You might scrub the Cameraland NY demo list for nice savings on quality peepers.

As usual, very sound advice from Scott!

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I used to have cheap ones, recognizing that I would upgrade some day. I thought it would be Leica or Zeiss. When it came down to actually looking through all three, for my eyes, the Swaro's were the best hands down.

I bought the 8x42 rangefinder ones. The more I use them the happier I am, bright, clear, sharp... I can go on but you get the idea.

Those guys at Cameraland that advertise on this site are very good to deal with and they have "demos" that come up every now and then. The demos look like new and have a full warranty but come at a smoking price. Might be a way to go.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a pair of Zeiss 10x40B's that I got back in the 90's. It's a great glass. I also have a Steiner 8x56 that I like a lot too. They both are razor sharp.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
I thought it would be Leica or Zeiss. When it came down to actually looking through all three, for my eyes, the Swaro's were the best hands down.

And that is exactly why folks need to experience for themselves.
"Best" is not an absolute in quality optics. Tis independent to an individual's lookers.....And wallet. grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Love my barska's..........

..........I can look two different directions at once.

Maybe one day I will upgrade to those Jason's or tasco's

Maybe.......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I use two pairs, Leica Trinovid 8x32 BA and Leica Geovid 10x42. When spotting and stocking the smaller, lighter, and wider field of view 8x32 work awesome, I'm not aware of a better tool when coupled with a rangefinder in a belt holster.

When shooting varmints the Geovid with its integral range finder is ideal. It is so much faster to specify a target when your shooting partners are calling out the range and you're able to verify the distance. It greatly reduces the time for getting on target.

Trying to get by with a single binocular will result in a compromise situation but if I were to only have one pair then I would select a pair that best fits your most common hunting scenario.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i have a pair of older swarovski slc 7x42.that are actually in the for sale section i dont need nothing that fancy i ended up buying a set of cheaper leupolds and they work fine for me.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I'm sure you would like the Swarovski if you want to spend that money. I simply couldn't swing that when I went looking. I settled on the Cabela's Euro HD. I love them. When I gather up the $1200 to upgrade to Swaros, I think I will buy a rifle or go on an antelope hunting trip instead! I really do like the Euro HDs that much.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by WITUfan
I'm sure you would like the Swarovski if you want to spend that money. I simply couldn't swing that when I went looking. I settled on the Cabela's Euro HD. I love them. When I gather up the $1200 to upgrade to Swaros, I think I will buy a rifle or go on an antelope hunting trip instead! I really do like the Euro HDs that much.

I was really impressed with the 2 sets of Euro HD (Meopta Meostar) binos I've been around. Really impressive and what I would buy if I were looking for best bang for the buck optics. I would personally rather have a set of these than a twenty year old pair of Swarovskis or Zeiss.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
I thought it would be Leica or Zeiss. When it came down to actually looking through all three, for my eyes, the Swaro's were the best hands down.

And that is exactly why folks need to experience for themselves."Best" is not an absolute in quality optics. Tis independent to an individual's lookers.....And wallet. grin

Exactly!

I guess that is why this optics forum has some of the threads it does. When I looked through the Leica's I was actually disappointed, but that is my eyes and I can accept that someone else could find them better. Heck, I bought a Leica spotting scope because after comparing the big three side by side, for me, it was the best - for me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've used Swarorovski 8x30 SLCs for about 20 years now and love them.

A government, to afford the needful protection and exercise proper care for the welfare of a people, must have homogeneity in its constituents.

-Jefferson Davis
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

And that is exactly why folks need to experience for themselves.
"Best" is not an absolute in quality optics. Tis independent to an individual's lookers.....And wallet. grin

Lot of truth in that

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My meopta's are fantastic. Not much difference between them and the swaro's.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
illl tell you i havent looked through the newer swavos,but my 7x42s rival anything ive ever looked through. do u need swavos prolly not.they are nice.in my opinion theres nothing nicer or just as nice. thats jus guys trying to make theirselves believe that.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have two pair of Leica trinovids, 10x42s and 8x42. The 8x are going to be on ebay by tomorrow evening. The 10xs are used for everything so I don't need the 8x if anyone is interested, just drop me a PM or an email. Like new condition.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I bought a pair of Nikon edg refurbs for $850. Great glass.

Zeiss fl can be attained for less than $1200. Great glass.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (8MMX57JS, Akhutr, ak_Rick, 9 invisible), 908 guests, and 811 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,101
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.