Print Thread
Hop To
Page 35 of 36 1 2 33 34 35 36
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i like legalism. who first created all those laws to begin with?

could a human exist down here on this plane, without a "law" to abide by?

GB1

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
You pack of butt blasting fools! My God is a forgiving God! See ALL of you on the other side...whether I want to or not!
Sonofabitch!

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
carry on troop. you offer much sincere opinion. and we all are thankful you can express it here on the internet without risk of the gestapo busting your door down at 4am with a no-knock warrant.

you are certainly free to speak. share with us all what you think, as the rest of us will, also.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Spect you're right... when I arrive there'll be some exclamations followed by 'sorry God'... and a pile of shekels being lost... wonder what the pool is up to now?

Kent

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
� and here, you won't hafta think before you speak. Some do � some can't. Yet we all get along � more or less.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
To all whom this may apply � Whatever you, I, CCCC, or Curdog may opine about whether he's a Christian acceptable unto God, the final say in the matter is God's decision alone. It's between him and God. Why can't we all just leave it at that? By the way, a bit of "trivia" that ain't trivial
Note, mull, and remember the fact that the WRITERS and their READERS in the New Testament were all CHRISTIANS. Might make a difference in how you understand what's written there.
Ken, I cannot understand your aim there with your words "whether he's a Christian acceptable unto God". I can't tell who "he" is supposed to be. And, in view of what has been posted, I can't understand why you think your declaration is necessary, particularly in my case (in that you cite me) with regard to God being the sole decision-maker about the acceptability of anyone. Never thought or said anything to the contrary.

Get this straight, now and furthermore (and search all of my posts if you do not believe this to be true). I have no interest in opining, let alone trying to decide, whether or not another person is a Christian, or acceptable unto God. I adhere to the fact that such is well beyond my role or ability. Do not make a mistake about that in my case.

Now, that does not mean that I will not strongly debate what people state (Christians and non-belivers both) and I will challenge them to provide definitions, hard facts and logical explanations to prove their statements. And, if they are so bold as to declare something disagreeable then and so ignorant or cowardly as to refuse to offer proof for what they say, I will tell them that they are behaving as a fool, or coward, or whatever their behavior indicates. That IS within my role and ability. And, I am still waiting for a couple of those types to respond as challenged.

Some would tell me that such belligerence is not Christian behavior. Well, I love the idea of "turn the other cheek" and probably should do so much more frequently - actually feels good sometimes when I manage to do so. But, even with all of the things that God has helped me to do, I have not been very good at cheek-turning.

If a person gets on a thread about Christianity and attacks Christians without cause or basis, or lies, or distorts, or mis-characterizes, or whatever - toward the end of deriding my faith and those who believe likewise - there will be a counterpunch. It does not matter if that person is a Christian or a non-believer - and my posts NEVER are based on opinions or attempted decisions about whether or not that person is a Christian acceptable unto God. If nothing else, get that part straight.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PS1080
CCCC & Curdog
Sorry I didn't realize you guy were still stroking each other over this lame topic. I haven't been busy building a straw man I'm pig hunting in the Texas panhandle. Which is way more fun than any church. So for now I'll have to leave you guys to discuss mermaids , unicorns, Jesus, the Bible or whatever make believe stuff you choose. I'm sorta busy having fun here in in the real world. Hope you guys get to visit it some day it's awesome!
PS1080, you further demonstrate that your posts are worthless to anyone possessed of good sense and fairness, and that your behavior here is cowardly. Just cast your suspect pearls before those Panhandle swine.

Last edited by CCCC; 02/16/13.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I believe in god and read the bible, as a matter of fact my family bible that has been in the family since the late 1800s site on my night stand i often open it to try and make sense of a Ruth night. I will admit to not going to church to often. I was just brought up to believe that you didn't have to go to a church to worship the God and Jesus.

Jesus is my shepherd and I know that he walks with me everytime I have to face evil. I also know that if he calls me home to his kingdom then he has a reason for that. And when he does i know that I will have things to answer for. But I truly believe that if we weren't meant toile mistakes and sin then we would not be given the chance to do such. I also feel in my heart that our redemption to God comes from acknowledging those mistakes. I hope god and I can sit down over a good single malt and have a grand discussion.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FWIW....... I only mentioned CCCC because the smartass I was replying to had lumped us together.

I don't understand Ken's post, but that's no big deal.

As far as the "trivia"........ it's significance probably is over my head.That's OK, too.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
� Ken, I cannot understand your aim there with your words "whether he's a Christian acceptable unto God". I can't tell who "he" is supposed to be. And, in view of what has been posted, I can't understand why you think your declaration is necessary, particularly in my case (in that you cite me) with regard to God being the sole decision-maker about the acceptability of anyone. Never thought or said anything to the contrary. �

1. I did not cite you, Brother Paul � tried, in fact, to indicate clearly that my post was independent of any other post. I'm surprised that you'd think that I did aim my comment at you.
2. Any general comment posted in the first blank space after a post always gets the re: in its header, totally irrespective of the intended focus of that comment.
3. My general address "To all whom this may apply" was specifically intended to eliminate the implication that this inevitable re: was focused on anyone in particular.
4. Jesus specifically said that He won't accept everybody who considers himself acceptable unto Him. On the basis of this and for other Biblical reasons, I understand that the final cut is His decision, not the claimants'.
5. The word you in my post is plural and refers to the carefully unfocused general "To all whom this may apply."
6. The word he in my post is the simpler and handier English equivalent of the words any of the above.
7. The comment that "the final say in the matter is God's decision alone" was only a comment, not meant to lead into a learned or opinionated theological discussion (much less a personal "mine's bigger'n yours" comparison behind the outhouse).

"Good enough" isn't.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Bellicosity (pugnacity, feistiness) is not a suitable mind set for discussing Christ, Christianity, Christians, or matters of the Spirit. 'Sno basis for peace and good will. laugh

If I appear thus, I apologize herewith (but decline to hammer anyone with a detailed apologia).

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I have something to say on a thread that's not directed at anyone in particular I just reply to my last post. I see I'm not the only one who does that.

Some find these kinds of threads pointless, useless, or even offensive and take the time to leave a comment to that point, but I expect most who feel that way just ignore such threads.

However, I find such discussions useful in gaining understanding of what I consider the most important topic in my life; my relationship with God. If any of my posts have benefited anyone--God be praised. If any of my posts have offended anyone I apologize and admit I have yet a lot to learn of God's Kingdome.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus
i like legalism. who first created all those laws to begin with?

could a human exist down here on this plane, without a "law" to abide by?

"Legalism has its origin in self-worship. If people are justified through their obedience to the law, then they merit praise, honor and glory. Legalism, in other words, means the glory goes to people rather than to God. The true gospel, however, teaches that all human beings are fundamentally flawed by sin, and thus salvation is only available by relying on and trusting in God, who has sent Jesus Christ to atone for sins. God receives the glory and praise in this gospel because in his mercy he saves helpless sinners through the work of Jesus Christ on the cross�The desire to obey the law, though it appears commendable, is actually an insidious way to try to gain recognition before God." - Dr. Tom Schreiner

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TF49
From LongBob:

"The God described in the Bible is petty and bipolar. I wouldn't doubt there is a higher being, but the Bible does a piss poor job in verifying that. There is as much missing in the Bible as there is bad stuff within.

Who said I need this line of thinking to relieve myself of moral values. It is possible to have morals and values without the need to rely on a Bible or religion."

!!!!!
The problem with this is that one is only "as good as he wants to be." This is a problem common to most, in fact I have it as an major issue. ONLY AS GOOD AS... I.... WANT TO BE. This way I only have to satisfy myself and not some external deity. If one's moral standard comes from within oneself, you don't know what you'll end up with. I suspect that most Muslim suicide bombers do truly believe and believe that their own "internal moral code" justifies their act.

I suspect that ALL of us struggle with this in some way. !!!!

All the best,

tf

the problem with this [and our current culture] is that there are to many horisons .as children need a code of conduct to be instructed in [line in the sand]we also NEED, REQUIRE a horision, absolute truth to follow a path that leads us out of our sinful nature.
AS has been stated we can create gods ,none of which will be greater than ourselves,but can rule over us.[greed of power ,money ,sex, drugs ,cars .toys ,guns,art works .All of these things can take our focus off of a goal that should be Christ [the one Who gave His life that we may live eternally

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Charles Stanley had a good sermon this morning titled [b][color:#3333FF]Direction Without Doubt,[/color][/b] if anybody is interested.

I found it helpful...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks, Deerwhacker444.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Charles Stanley had a good sermon this morning asking, [b][color:#3333FF]Are You are Prepared to Die?[/color][/b]

If anybody didn't make it to church this morn. and is needing some Bible study, his message might make you think....good preaching straight from the scripture...

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Charles Stanley is on the radio every morning at 5:30 AM during my drive to work.

Listening to him is my daily ritual.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Most folks are afraid to die... doubt fuels fear which fuels doubt... a never ending circle for some.

Much of the currency of religion is doubt and fear of this life and death...

Instead of the grace and glory as we shed this life of trials.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Gandhi

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Page 35 of 36 1 2 33 34 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

465 members (1badf350, 1234, 3040Krag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 47 invisible), 1,776 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,037
Posts18,521,025
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.