Sounds like congress to me.

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
So long as you paided the shipping, its alright.

long before Rodriguez stole that goat.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I even told the counter girl, from time to time what it was to see what they would do, and they did nothing, not even a word. Just weighed it, take my money and place it on the belt.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shrapnel
You can't ship GUN powder without a Haz/mat license, How you got away with it is a mystery, but you do need a license...
NOT TRUE. We've discussed this at length previously. Small amounts -- under 100 pounds -- don't require any permitting.

UPS and Federal Express, on the other hand, have a policy requiring all powder shipments to be charged their arbitrary HAZMAT fee by a shipper who has obtained a "license" administered by them.

This is just like UPS and Federal Express hammering everyone with that "next day" bullshit on handguns.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bricktop
You can't ship GUN powder without a Haz/mat license, How you got away with it is a mystery, but you do need a license...
NOT TRUE. We've discussed this at length previously. Small amounts -- under 100 pounds -- don't require any permitting.

UPS and Federal Express, on the other hand, have a policy requiring all powder shipments to be charged their arbitrary HAZMAT fee by a shipper who has obtained a "license" administered by them.

This is just like UPS and Federal Express hammering everyone with that "next day" bullshit on handguns.

OK, why then does www.speedeedelivery.com/ charge the same haz mat fee? For a company that wants to take a bite out of the big boys, it would be the perfect opportunity to have cheaper rates to send powder/primers w/o the upcharge, yet they also charge the fee, although it is less than the $27.50 the others charge.....

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by aalf

OK, why then does www.speedeedelivery.com/ charge the same haz mat fee? For a company that wants to take a bite out of the big boys, it would be the perfect opportunity to have cheaper rates to send powder/primers w/o the upcharge, yet they also charge the fee, although it is less than the $27.50 the others charge.....
Is this your f*cking "proof?" Citing another shipping company's policy?

Give me a f*cking break.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[bleep] you dickhead, it was a valid goddam question, that you prefer to ignore. Answer it or shut the [bleep] up, you mutha [bleep]' cock suckin' piece of [bleep].....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[bleep] you dickhead, it was a valid goddam question, that you prefer to ignore. Answer it or shut the [bleep] up, you mutha [bleep]' cock suckin' piece of [bleep].....
Valid in what way? No company wants to be sucked in to any association with any high profile shooting and is therefore going to try and limit their liability with respect to firearms. Citing another company's policy doesn't prove [bleep].

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Valid in what way? No company wants to be sucked in to any association with any high profile shooting and is therefore going to try and limit their liability with respect to firearms. Citing another company's policy doesn't prove [bleep].

God dammit answer the [bleep] question....don't give me that not wanting to deal in firearms related bullshitt....I've ordered a lot of powder/primers from a company in Iowa that always ships Speedy when it's in their area, cheaper and faster. Their fee was $10 when the big two charged $20.00.

Again....

If a relatively small mid-west company wants to extend their territory and customer base, why would they charge a haz mat fee if it's really only a UPS/FedEx policy?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
So is a Haz/mat license issued by the goverment on the local, state, or federal level? NO, its UPS and Fed Ex trying to make extra money off of you. So if its a license and issued by the goverment were do I apply? If it is a license issued by the goverment, why can speedeedeleivery.com be cheaper? Bricktop hit it on the head with UPS and Fed Ex's bullsh!t on nextday shipping handguns, you pay there bullsh!t $25.00 fee if you ship a handhun across town or across the country. Its a big rip off thats why I use the USPS for shipping handguns

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe if your going to pipe up, how 'bout you answer my question?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Why wouldnt speedeedeivery.com charge you a per say hazmat fee? they know you cant ship by USPS and they know UPS and Fed Ex charges $20.00 so why not get on the band wagon and make alittle extra $$ too. What is the defference if you ship powder or ammo, ammo dont require a haz/mat. In my book a case of ammo in a fire is must more worst that a case of powder unless its black powder.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
If you had a shipping company and see that UPS and Fed Ex is making 27.50 off a haz/mat wouldnt you do the same if you started a shipping company??

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gemby58
If you had a shipping company and see that UPS and Fed Ex is making 27.50 off a haz/mat wouldnt you do the same if you started a shipping company??

Stop speculating.....you'd gain more customers by not charging any at all.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
true but there in the bussiness to make money too and if someone else gets extorted money on a trumped up fee why cant they. I just shipped powder yesterday by UPS Ground, went in fill out a shipping lable on there PC, put it on the scale, paided the shipping cost and out the door I went, didnt say it was powder this time but I have from time to time to see what they would say or do, and nothing was said or added to my shipping cost.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
This so called hazmat fee was created by common carriers for the extra precautions of handling of hazardous materials. they can charge what ever they want, the money goes into their coffers. FMCSA does not get one red cent of that money. If a UPS truck gets into an accident, and DOT discovers they have a reportable quantity that isn't properly documented, they are the ones in trouble. It is on their truck, they are responsible for what they carry across the highways. Its capitalism, they can charge whatever the market will bear, and it seems $27 bucks is the number.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
true but there in the bussiness to make money too and if someone else gets extorted money on a trumped up fee why cant they. I just shipped powder yesterday by UPS Ground, went in fill out a shipping lable on there PC, put it on the scale, paided the shipping cost and out the door I went, didnt say it was powder this time but I have from time to time to see what they would say or do, and nothing was said or added to my shipping cost.

I could give a flying [bleep] what you do or how you do it.

I asked a simple question and only get shuck and jive.....

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn

You tell them lover! Don't let them give you any lip because of your lifestyle. We were born this way, it wasn't a choice. Now hurry up and come home to daddy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For God sake, if you guys want to debate hazmat fee's do it somewhere else. Have a little respect for someones post. You guys are acting like a bunch of kids. Take you ball and go play somewhere esle!!!

GA precision all day long
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

I could give a flying [bleep] what you do or how you do it.

I asked a simple question and only get shuck and jive.....

How can I answer a question on what somebody or company does, I cant.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

341 members (1lesfox, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1badf350, 35 invisible), 1,962 guests, and 932 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,659
Posts18,512,792
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.