-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i had a homemade treestand stolen a few years back. i was sure i knew who did it . there were 2 kids hunting near me and thought they did it. the following year i walked there hunting property and found my lockon stand in a tree with a aluminum ladder stuck up under it. as i walked up to i noticed a name spray painted on the ladder,it was a good friend of mines ladder. i climbed the ladder got my stand then carried the ladder about 50yds awayand buried it under the leaves. when i got home i called sam who owned the ladder to see if they stole it to. well to my surprise the 2 kids had borrowed the ladder from him. i told him what happened and he said he would go see them and demand the ladder back.he did,they ofcourse couldn't find it so he made them pay to replace it. i then returned the ladder to sam and we ssplit the money.after confronting the kids about my stand they still denied stealing it,but i then told them the whole story in front of there dad and they had nothing to say. when i left laughing the dad was threatening to kill them both,lesson learned i guess.

GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Huge_Buck
I'd find his treestand and pinch a loaf off in it!

No, just loosen the screws with about 1.5 thread left, he'll figure the rest out.

OP, got a bud that ALWAYS positions another camera [very well hidden] to watch his other cameras/stand/etc.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Gravestone
I near understood how a POS could steal from another hunter.

Several years ago on public land in ID a hunter I know got his whole camp stolen. Wall tent and a bunch of his other gear while he was in town. He said if he didn't know he had put it there he wouldn't have known anything was ever there. He said they took their time. As I understand it theft is increasing around here in remote hunting camps although still not common.

Member: NRA Life Benefactor
Gun Owners of America
2nd Amendment Foundation
I have been robbed three times in the past 7 years. This last time they got into the house and were almost caught by my wife that carries a mean pistol. I ordered a security camera system with 8 cameras and spent the weekend hooking them up. My DVR unit is wired into my gun safe where they cannot get to it even if they knew where it was.
My insurance agent and wife wanted me to post the security signs to detour anyone attempting to break in. I say no way; I do not want them to know because they will look for ways around the cameras. I want to catch them not scare them off so they can rob the next guy who may not have cameras.
There is nothing like working your butt off to get things you want just to have a scum bag take it from you because they are too sorry to work for it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I will say that I hate to hear of the scum trash that stole your camera loader. I had a radio and a 357 s&w pistol stole out of my truck a few years back. This was definatly the maddest Ive ever been. If I could have gotton my hands on them they would have needed the gun for shure.

"If you got it, you got it!" In memory of Pops, gone but never forgotten
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Man, some of these guys are pretty bold. I like the idea of using a hidden camera at the egress point and/or others to cover your existing cams.

The story about burying the ladder was great!! smile

Last year I moved away from a good neighborhood that was frequently targeted by a nearby bad neighbood. Lots of people walking into backyards, looking through windows, trying doors, etc. It never happpened to us but it happened to most of our neighbors. With 2 little kids I didn't want to deal.

Eric

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Last season, I had a feeder, a trail cam, and a turkey decoy stolen off my property during turkey season. The turkey decoy was inside my ground blind- for whatever reason, the thief left my ground blind and the chair inside it. Guy that farms for me thinks he probably knows who it was, but that does little good in recovering my stuff, or stopping the azzhole.

This spring, I carefully camo'ed my camera setup- did it so good, in fact, I had trouble locating it. Bought some camo duct tape at Walmart to tape over the black strap, which is often a dead giveaway to the presence of a camera.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Bench mark.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
When I was in my early 20s a fella stole a friend of mines CD. Player out of his truck. He admitted to having it but said the police couldn't do a thing without evidence and lauphed...............well...........he was a little surprised when he got home late one Saturday night and his trailer house was gone!!!!! That's a hell of a tow for a little Dodge Dakota pickup.

Shod

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (10ring1, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 06hunter59, 61 invisible), 2,492 guests, and 621 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,441
Posts18,507,767
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.