Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 229 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 228 229
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Techsan
I could have sworn this thread was once a discussion of the .243 compared to the 25-06. Nah, couldn't have been, I've been sniffing too much glue again.

you haven't opened the 223AI thread yet, have ya?

some call it the BTE thread...

some of us call it the BCJE thread...

but back on topic.. I own multiple 243s and have one 25/06 barrel I occasionally spin on a Savage 116 Action...
so my Preference lies with the 243...my 260s will accomplish what the 25/06 barrel gives me, with a lot more bullet availability and flexibility....

GB1

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Yup, the 25-06 is more of a thumper. O.P. mentioned Tikka t3. Don't hesitate to get the Tikka. I bought my son a t3 light in .270 win. Nice gun, light , smooth, just a hair more than the entry guns but worth it if ya got the extra 100 bucks. I do have to say though it is light enough to snap a bunch when shooting. By the 3rd shot I had a head ache. There,, now we are back on track with original poster.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Gee',

How 'bout some good Haybale & Crockett pics and throw some windage adjustable bases in the fray.

Laffin'!

Shefire,

Feel free to wax eloquent on your latest Big Weekend Trip(BWT) and mull the "particulars" of all the things you almost did,with all the wares you almost had and from all the places you've almost been. Laffin'!

As a curiousity,just how many times have you rolled over the hour meter on your [bleep],as you set tethered to the couch Whining,trying to craft the next excuse to satiate your Do Nothing Dumbphucktitude?

Luckily for you,Imagination and Pretend are free...or you'd simply have nothing.

Laffin'!

'Cub,

As per always,I'm groovin' on your Whine,as well as your pics and to how ohhh soooooooooo "close",you came to almost doing something....once.

Laffin'!

hookem',

I reckon it only fair,that you and you alone(luckily),are at the unfortunate mercy of your "abilities" and "intellect". That in and of itself,is a dirty [bleep] trick,but funnier than [bleep] none the less! I'll feign my "surprise",that Whining is as close as you can come to doing anything and I truly hope that you become the first Do Nothing Dumbphucker to bitch herself happy. Laffin'!

Noone can insult you,better than you can,when you are trying your "best" and schit simply don't get any [bleep] funnier than that. Please feel free to tell yourself that which you most need to hear,to console your incredibly lengthy and wellfounded list of insecurities,as you fabricate fresh excuses to salve those oblivious realizations.

I'm grateful for the humor you provide,by being too stupid to simply shut the [bleep] up and take notes,then apply same. Farrrrrrrrrrrrr [bleep] funnier,to grant you opportunity to showcase your "best" efforts and laugh at those feeble attempts as they are reliably foiled by Reality. You are the only dumb [bleep],who can keep someone as [bleep] stupid as you,from saying something [bleep] stupid and don't slight the humor associated with your being well shy of the faculties to even do that! There ain't a more [bleep] reliable recipe for humor,than to let you have some more slack on the rope and try again.

Here's to the inherent humor,of your incredibly oblivious Dumbphucktitude and to the sanctity of your heartfelt Whine. I thank you,for being stupid enough,to "think" you've a first [bleep] clue and for Pretending so aloud. You really are a Vagenius. Laffin'!

Bless your heart.

Swifty,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it as you please...if only because it's the closest you'll ever come and I'd not wish to slight you those "satisfactions". Laffin'!

Hmmmmmmmm...how to next fuel your Imagination,so you can further advance your Pretend?!!? Lemme see here,I'll give you a big wave for your incredible Pretendfu. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

You Window Lickers are a [bleep] hoot and here's to your being unable to understand why!

Laffin'!

WSM,

Are you bitching or bragging?!!? Sure would be cool to see some pics of stop lights,mebbe some Gang Bangers and the "fortunate" neighborhood all those years of "hard work" have granted you the "opportunity" to partake. Laffin'!

Funnier than [bleep],that only you are devoid the inkling,as to what an incredibly slow "learner" you are. One thing is for certain about you,when it's all said and done,there's going to be a LOT more said,than done. I find it curious that all you Do Nothing Dumbphuckers in The Paper Hat Brigade,think that your sadly pathetic,sheer and utter [bleep] cluelessness,is someone else's "fault". PETA would happily Sponsor you bumbling boobs. Laffin'!

Pretend ain't real...and Reality ain't for everyone,but your Whine is [bleep] MAGNIFICENT!

Wow +P+.

Techsan,

Let's go retro 25-06 and beat on The Book,with a MK I flingin' 100gr X's,with a leetle sumptin called Re-22.

[Linked Image]

Ain't it an intellesting correlation,that them who bitch the most...have done the [bleep] least?!!? Don't go swipin' the Imaginations from them pointy-headed tinfoil hat wearin' Do Nothing Dumbphucks,if only because it's all they've got.

Reality ain't for everyone.

Laffin'!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Boxer
Gee',

How 'bout some good Haybale & Crockett pics and throw some windage adjustable bases in the fray.

Laffin'!

No problem. I can do that.

Let's see, where to start!.........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/DSCN0003.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/IMG_0103_zps3d8ff41a.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/IMG_1295.jpg[/img]

Let me know when to stop..............

oh yeah, almost forgot..........

not windage adjustable, but not too shabby....

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/Merkel/IMG_0151_zps070a2252.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/IMG_9870-1.jpg[/img]

Best

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 03/31/13.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yall all piss me off with yalls freakin gun photography. I suck at gun photoing about as bad as some of yall suck at shooting. smile

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Darn GDub, that sure is some nice toys...

good job on the photos also...

if I was down Houston way, I'd definitely hang around with your crowd...

for a guy who doesn't run a chain saw much for a living, you sure have some nice stuff, and take some good pictures...

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by EddyBo
Yall all piss me off with yalls freakin gun photography. I suck at gun photoing about as bad as some of yall suck at shooting. smile

Speaking of suckage,

Some of us do manage to connect despite our suckage and windage adjustable mounts.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
257 Weatherby

[Linked Image]
9.3 x 62

[Linked Image]
7mm-08,

[Linked Image]
7mm-08

[Linked Image]
7 mag,

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/DSC04601.jpg[/img]
257 bob,

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/MVC-002S.jpg[/img]
375 H&H,

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/DSC04891.jpg[/img]
7 stw,

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/IMG_0372.jpg[/img]
325 WSM

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/DSC03193.jpg[/img]
338 rum.

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/DSCN3027.jpg[/img]
35 whelen,

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/12808HAWAII098.jpg[/img]
35 whelen,

And some of us can even post more than once a day! LOL

Best,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 03/31/13.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That would have been a good weekend back when I used to hunt a buddies ranch in TX. smile

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by EddyBo
That would have been a good weekend back when I used to hunt a buddies ranch in TX. smile

+1 on that.

I'm of the opinion that any weekend spent hunting at my lease(s) in the Texas hill country is a good weekend.

Best

GWB

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Seafire

for a guy who doesn't run a chain saw much for a living, you sure have some nice stuff, and take some good pictures...

John,

BTDT on making a living with a chain saw. I own several. But like Matthew Quigley..........

Anyway, come on down. We can go to my lease and shoot, trap and snare hogs, call in coyotes and fox, hunt for Aoudad sheep and Axis deer. Corn the roads and shoot coons and hogs at night. Sit by the fire and smoke cheap cigars and imbibe adult beverages. When it's hot out during the day we can go 10 miles to Concan and the low water crossing, sit in the Frio river in the shade and watch all the college girls in bikini's floating down the river.....

Best,

GWB

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Some nice iron and glass there, bud, I am impressed by some of your Whitetails, too! smile

I guess in that country, one does not need synthetic handles on his thundersticks, whereas, here in BC and in AK, they are one of the most useful changes in rifle technology since I started hunting in 1964.

What I like to do, with my antiquated P-64/70 Fwts. is to hang a Micky Edge on one, keep the alloy action parts and am SLOWLY becoming a user of Talley UL rings. This, cuts all of the useless weight of that design and gives a rifle about 7.25-7.5 all in.

I find that this is about "ideal" for packing all day on my backpack and handles well for shooting at whatever game I can manage to find here in BC.

I would love to hunt those big, nasty-looking porkers, someday, how are they to eat?

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by Seafire

Shefire

Only a dumbf'k like yourself would talk [bleep] to one Texan, blink and lick the balls of another the next day.

You think posting in a thread where stick is rubbing your nose in your own [bleep] is somehow an allegiance to a boxer and you still don't get it, he got no love for Texan's.

You leave yourself wide fk'n open to ridicule simply because you and only you attempt to mimic stick and utterly fail in the delivery, instead sounding like a 12 year old girl. You continue to take shots at one while responding to another and proof you have no balls.

The Montrose would welcome your always open mouth and you would fit right in you c'sucking [bleep].

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Listen Schitt4Brains...

rant all ya want...GDub and I have known each other for quite a few years, probably 7 or 8 at least.. even before either one of us came over to the Campfire here...

meanwhile you have 47 posts in a year... so just who in the F' are you again???

what is it about you that should mean a rat'sass to me?

you just happen to live in the same state as several of my other buddies do... I won't hold it against them...

hell next to you, Schtick is a nuclear physicist.. and definitely has a better mastery of the English language than you appear to...

you really have anger management issues don't ya?

ya like to call anyone else a " c'sucking [bleep]" just because they think you are a real dumbasss? or are you just trying to impress anyone in particular to show them what a real 'tough guy' you are?

you remind me of a spring banny rooster...

have a great day there S4B....don't work yourself up and have a heart attack... that would break my friggin heart..

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Shefire,

Feel free to wax eloquent on your latest Big Weekend Trip(BWT) and mull the "particulars" of all the things you almost did,with all the wares you almost had and from all the places you've almost been. Laffin'!

As a curiousity,just how many times have you rolled over the hour meter on your [bleep],as you set tethered to the couch Whining,trying to craft the next excuse to satiate your Do Nothing Dumbphucktitude?

Luckily for you,Imagination and Pretend are free...or you'd simply have nothing.

Laffin'!

Gee Jockey Shorts...

ya need some new material... you've repeated that diatribe a zillion times... must be just cutting and pasting, making it easier to handle your ONE post a day...

I did love that Schtick the Smurf cutting down the Christmas Tree pic tho...

is that the ONE that YOUR 'stump' was made out of??

always cool to see the before and after pictures....

have a great day there Yosemite Sam... I am sure you are already diligently working on your next intellectual and informative ONE a DAY post... whistle

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Shefire,

I am far from mad and without anger management issues.

But you can't help yourself, you can't stand on your own two feet like a man and post to one without taking shots at another. It is not personal, just a hint, you type what your brain directs and the 12 year old girl is in control.

And your 13,000+ posts makes you a true goddess, they would welcome your open mouth in Montrose.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Geedubya, beautiful collection of rifles, and game shots..Texas sure does have a great variety of hunting..

Molon Labe
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by TXNative
Shefire,

I am far from mad and without anger management issues.

But you can't help yourself, you can't stand on your own two feet like a man and post to one without taking shots at another. It is not personal, just a hint, you type what your brain directs and the 12 year old girl is in control.

And your 13,000+ posts makes you a true goddess, they would welcome your open mouth in Montrose.

Sez a Dumb:

[Linked Image]

attempting to be a smart : [Linked Image]

and I see you are being "all manly" trying to imagine other guys doing 'girly things'.. but I won't tell anyone about your closet fantasies...it'll just be between you, me and the few other guys on the forum who might read you posts...but I am sure they won't say nothing... whistle

your Turn Nancy! cool

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
.243 by a mile! cool

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by TexasPhotog
.243 by a mile! cool

I've heard it said, "opinions vary". LOL

Best

GWB

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by pseshooter300
What are if any a advantage over one or the other im wanting to pick one up in the Tikka t3 hunter and the only caliber i can find is. 243 locally . This would be used for deer/antelope.

I don't think you'd notice difference between the two cartridges when used as specified. Were it me, I'd go .243 Win because I like short action rifles. That and the .25/06 needs a longer barrel to maximize its potential.

Page 15 of 229 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 228 229

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

57 members (6mmCreedmoor, artur, Backroads, 260Remguy, 6MMWASP, 8 invisible), 1,467 guests, and 952 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,402
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.